It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put a little "Change" in your pocket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You too can get a copy of this "little blue book".

Just in case you can't get through a day without some refreshing and uplifting words from the new president, the History Company has created the "Pocket Obama."

Little Blue book

A nice little reminder of all the cool things Obama has spoken thus far.
10 copies for 50 bucks. Pass them out to your Friends.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't so sad... He's been president for all of five days and so far there is a coin, a commemorative plate, and now a pocket book of quotes from his speeches. Seeing as how he could end up being the worst president in the history of our country I'd say it's a bit premature for all of these money making schemes. Sadly, I'm sure there are plenty of people making these companies rich by wasting their money on this stuff. At least wait until the man does something worthy of praise before treating him like the greatest thing ever.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Don't forget that Perry County Alabama declared the second Monday in November Barack Obama Day. It's a paid day off they voted for themselves... I wish I had the money to sign a Chinese company to make me inexpensive products with Obama's face on it that I could sell at highly inflated prices, kudos to those who made money off the marketing of Barry.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow! Deja vu!

Mao's Little Red Book

During the Chinese Cultural Revolution, there was a book that had as much power as the Bible, and in some situations, even more. What kind of book was it? How did it gain the unbelievable power? Who gave the book the power to control every single person in China during that time? On this site, I want to explore this little book, and what it was all about.

The book's official name should be "the Quotes of Chairman Mao," however, people always call it "Little Red Book." As in its name, this book is the collection of Mao's quotes.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
An also interesting analogy..

Just food for thought as President Obama is not directly responsible for this book.

Mein Kampf

By the end of the war, about 10 million copies of the book had been sold or distributed in Germany (every newly-wed couple, as well as every front soldier, received a free copy),

Some historians have speculated that a wider readership prior to Hitler's rise to power (or at least prior to the outbreak of World War II) might have alerted the world to the dangers Hitler would pose to peace in Europe and to the Holocaust that he would pursue.

Mein Kampf

"The only thing man ever learns from history, is that man never learns anything from history"

Semper

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
mao's little red book was my first thought aswell. nice observation anon.

this stuff smacks of people who need something to believe in and the US, even the western world, is in serious danger of falling into a cult of personality. i'm not particularly worried about BO but this personality cult thing is a sphincter shrinker. it's really, really dangerous.

new topics

top topics

join