It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange wind blowing open doors etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen strange things like I have. This occurred many years ago and not since when I was in college.

One dark windy night, I left the lobby of a large 12 story dorm building and was going to walk to the lobby of another 12 story dorm building to play some arcade games. From a distance I noticed the wind would sometimes blow the lobby door open a foot or two then it would close again. Suddenly when I got in the vicinity of the lobby door it blew all the way open, I was thinking "cool". I walked through the door and it closed behind me as if someone was holding it open just for me. Someone in the lobby saw this and must have thought I was the devil himself
, this guy ducked and stumbled over a chair trying to get away from me as fast as possible.

Anyway I played a pinball game or something for about 30 minutes and noticed the door never blew all the way open. Then I decided to head back to my dorm. As I approached the door it swung open for me and then closed behind me again. The same thing happened as I approached the next building. That seemed a bit weird.

Another occasion on a walk across campus as a thunderstorm was approaching, there was a sudden gust of wind blowing down a 6 ft tall wooden A frame as I walked by. This happened to all 5 A frames exactly as I walked by each. They were about 30 or 40 ft apart along the path I was walking. You could say that I was walking much faster after the first 3 fell down beside me. Has anyone else ever noticed strange wind like this?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's probably just coincidence, but then again, I don't believe in coincidences

One time I was standing in my living room just wandering around like I usually do. Well the door leading to the garage must not have been shut tight. I don't remember why I was looking at the door, but I know I was. Suddenly the door to the garage flew up at the exact same time that the door leading to the patio on the other side of the room slammed shut behind me. I don't know if that counts as an odd occurance, but I thought it was at the time. Wind is a crazy thing, my friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think you have your answer right there- It was a dark and windy night. Something about windy nights really creep me out though.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
slamming doors and jiggling doors are common in my house, especially when all the windows are closed except for one....the draft from the one open window plays with the other doors...nothing too spooky there...but you never know....since i have never had the wind open and close doors for me.

new topics

top topics

join