It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of dead birds turning up in NJ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Absolutely wreckless!
Those birds are a major problem here. I shoot them with my BB gun whenver I see them in my yard.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This might have something to do with the chemicals they used in DC for controlling the birds for the Inauguration.

They sprayed all the trees phone lines and surfaces in the area to keep the birds from landing and well you know, poop on everything and get in the way. No joke , look it up, it was suppose to just tingle and they would move and not sit still, but this stuff ended up killing the birds instead. Maybe some of these made it that far and couldnt make it outa NJ.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We had the same thing happen in LA a couple years back, WEST NILE VIRUS... Although that was during the mosquito season.

Good luck

[edit on 26-1-2009 by The Bald Champion]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

The police received an e-mail from the USDA

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beege24
reply to post by redhead57

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but what exactly is or are "chemtrails"?

as with anything that exists, there are conspiracies. Some folks believe that the government/evil people are flying planes around spraying unknown things to control our thoughts or our actions. They take pictures of planes leaving a vapor trail and claim it is a "chem trail" there may be something to it, but I have yet to be convinced they are real. Sometimes a cloud is just a cloud.(IMHO)

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Mason mike]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As a photographer and having been involved in a starling cull in my local town centre there are a couple of questions that need to be asked of your local health officials.

Firstly, where is the poison being placed that the birds will eat and is it in a safe environment for other animals and people?.

Secondly, is someone monitoring the local wildlife and pets ie, cats, to make sure they dont eat the newly dead birds?

Respects

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
According to reports the poison is metabolized in the bird before it dies, and it poses no threat to humans or pets. I still wouldnt want to pick up hundreds of dead birds on my lawn. What about elderly people who cant get out to pick them up? Do they leave them rotting?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In case this hasn't been seen already:

www.newsday.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
they were either taxed to death,or they died laughing at the govnernor.
i recently moved fron nj to texas,and since i've been here, i havent seen 1 contrail. when i lived in south jersey,it was common to see the sky covered from horizon to horizon,almost on a daily basis.
you also have to consider that the epa in nj is so bad,it is almost impossible to get rid of chemicals,so don't rule out an illegal chemical dump.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
WABC NYC reports dead Franklin birds:

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=6624701

drop zone!

can't seem to get link to work try:
abclocal.go.com...

and search on "birds" for video.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by DrWimpy]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Large clusters of birds have been showing up for years, and the excuses are abundant.

Chemtrails, chemtrails, chemtrails.

Trees dying, bees dying, hell even the bats are dying.

People are dying from it too, but good ole docs in cahoots with drug
companies just can make up enough diseases and expensive drugs
and treatment.

Anybody wonder why the healthcare industry is booming right now??

Salmonella...pffft!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The birds were poisoned as a matter of fact but the government is not going to clean up. They were fed the poison by the way.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Oh come on people! This is not chemtrails. This is the culling of an invasive flock of birds. Or many flocks, rather.

This is not anything new. This has been done before. Countless times.

Chemtrail theories are bunk anyhow.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I'm with you there dude.

I'm not swallowing the chemtrail thing on ths one.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This needs to get out on the MSM! CNN has an "i-report" on their website, I will report it for you, unless you would rather OP.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

Thanks for clarifying that for me. =)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
the sun has been acting strange maybe the higher than average energy coming from the sun is effecting life on this planet. just a though.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Maybe theres something in the air? Bees not so much, but birds bats, etc, could be something going on? Just a shot though

Probably a catastrophic domino effect. With the bees going the main force behind things like pollination of various plant species is effected so less get pollinated I am sure this loss of plant and vegetation effects the other bugs especially the moths and butterflies. Less food (bugs) effects both bird and bat the loss of dilapidated buildings in various parts of the world and the loss of dead standing wood to development projects will cause a loss of habitation for things like bats and some bird species.

Competition between the surviving members of a species forces the weaker members of the species out into the open were they can't survive and start dieing to things like exposure or chemical/ diseases as they go to places they wouldn't have gone to other wise. With large numbers of them dieing in a short space of time that nature and scavengers can't keep up quick enough allowing for people to notice what they normally wouldn't notice.

For example in my home city, there is a lot of regeneration work doing (knocking down old buildings to replace with stupid buildings and ugly weird things) I have noticed that now that several of the more substantial innercity derelicts have gone or are being worked on that the birds have been going into the surrounding areas. One of these areas is in a outer part of my home city, in a derelict building there (former mineral factory) I have visited several times over the past year and there as been a increasing number of dead pigeons in and around the inside of the former small factory. The inside of the factory is out and out covered in things like powdered diamomite, dolomite and perlite and now pigeon and starling corpses.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Transhumanist terraforming? There are a few megalomaniacs with terminal hubris that could be behind this sort of events, all under a depopulation agenda.

That said, let's keep in mind that animals have natural epidemics, especially the ones that tend to live in very large groups, so this situation could be us making a mountain out of a molehill. There are probably hundreds of millions of birds in the NJ state area alone, despite the pollution.

I would follow the situation without fear, there are many possible explanations, not all of them as apocalyptic as the one I started this post with.

you get a star for using the word "hubris"
post.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
This needs to get out on the MSM! CNN has an "i-report" on their website, I will report it for you, unless you would rather OP.

Unless you live in NJ why would you care? CNN generally doesn't report local news.

Jon

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join