It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.45

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

They were able to play on the word "assault", it was easy. No one wants ASSAULT weapons, everyone got duped. This is a much more sweeping language in this bill and would likely not even get the support of most moderates and certainly not any of those in rural ares of this country that still exert quite a pull here. Semantics again, trick us with words. No one wants a BAILOUT, but a rescue plan would be OK. Who doesn't want to part of a rescue, how heroic, but a bailout denotes a failure, which of course was exactly what it was.

I need to apologize again for the gun nut quip. It was more directed at the guy threatening to assasinate political figures if this bill were to pass.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WSPfan

Originally posted by b3r6a8d8
when does this bill go into effect?

NEVER! It never will. People on here are doing what both right and left sides do. Fear mongering to their side. This bill will NEVER pass. Bills with crazy ideas and crap like this are written all the time. It will never become law.

alot of folks said that about the assault weapons ban also. many Brits didnt think they would outlaw their guns either Never say never friend.

although its unlikely, they have been gunning (pardon the pun) for these restrictions for years, and with the whole slew of anti-gun people in power things can steamroll very swiftly.
at the very least we should be vigilant and dont let these punks even get their foot in the door. (any further than they already have)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

The cabal that's behind this whole anti-firearm movement can be reduced to one name...George Soros...!!! This meglomaniac has funded more anti-American anti-Constitutional organizations than any one man has ever in our history, Whats so evil and sinister about it is that this jackassisn't even an American citizen. He makes about half or more of his money here but he won't become a citizen. He just wants to make usdance to his warped tune!!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WSPfan

The well regulated militia (organized) is comprised of well armed individuals. The Bill of Rights are individual civil liberties and not "group rights" so a militia is a group of individuals and all of them are armed. Individuals may form massive protest groups and even armed groups. It is from the ranks of the citizens that both police and military are brought out as defenders. Logic tells us that if power is concentrated at any level of government that is greater than the People themselves they will become slaves.

In your mind people can't be trusted with guns but cops can even though time and again the police like in California abuse power. You would like a fixed fight it seems that has on the one hand unarmed tax payers begging the government to yield to our soft spoken light demands??

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No, I don't trust the cops either. And I don't want any guns taken away. It won't happen. I don't have a problem with having to register a gun, but I do have an issue with the government taking that gun from me. I understand the fear of the government having a list of people's guns so they can come take them away. I just don't think that would ever happen. I don't think limiting guns to violent felons or even severely mentally ill people is an issue. I support the right to bear arms. I just don't think it has to be an all or nothing prospect.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WSPfan

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

This is what the other poster was talking about. Being a man sometimes requires fighting to the death. Better to die free than exist as a slave. The government needs to fear the citizenry and clearly wants to swing that fear around.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day. But a series of oppressions, ... pursued unalterably through every change of ministers, too plainly proves a deliberate systematic plan of reducing us to slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Zindo

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No, I don't trust the cops either. And I don't want any guns taken away. It won't happen. I don't have a problem with having to register a gun, but I do have an issue with the government taking that gun from me. I understand the fear of the government having a list of people's guns so they can come take them away. I just don't think that would ever happen. I don't think limiting guns to violent felons or even severely mentally ill people is an issue. I support the right to bear arms. I just don't think it has to be an all or nothing prospect.

John Poster has 1 shotgun and registers it while Pete Neighbor has 1 shotgun that is simply Pete's business. Who's house do the police go to first to confiscate guns... John or Pete

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

OK, but then John Poster calls John Poster, Jr. who also registered and then you get a dead cop when they come to Junior's door. It wouldn't last long, they might make it to a few homes, but until the rights are actually trampled you are argueing a hypothetical.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Thanks for building hope by providing quotes by Thomas Jefferson. He and others like George Washington had wisdom beyond their years coupled to selfless courage that we can only hope to ever come again. Words that are so articulate and yet today our leaders never even author their own "great quotes". Listen to speeches from Clinton or Bush or Obama and they are pale to anything said or written by most of the Founding Fathers.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Whats so evil and sinister about it is that this jackassisn't even an American citizen.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Do you have a source for that? I'm almost positive Soros is a naturalized citizen.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WSPfan

To suggest, "No one wants assault weapons" isn't quite, exactly, and precisely true.

I like all sorts of weapons, including assault weapons. To be honest, assault weapons, including most automatic weapons are not that accurate on full auto. But damn! What fun!

The engineering, the art, the craftsmanship, the sheer magnificence of some of the pieces manufactured and built over the centuries, right up to this moment, are phenomenal.

My right to free speech for some reason, is not as thoroughly restricted. I have my mouth, and no license for it.

Why should one right not be restricted, and another heavily restricted, in clear violation of the Constitution? The Federal Government regulations and firearm restrictions are unconstitutional.

Those rights are reserved by the states.

All this talk of revolution. I took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC.

I never rescinded that oath. I never took it back.

The truth is, that bunch of pretenders are not a lawful, Constitutional government, as they consistently violate the Constitution.

Our states need to pull out, and reorganize to form a government in strict compliance with the Constitution.

And the way it's going, we better be doing something pretty soon.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WSPfan

Great Britain and Australia have both gone to complete gun bans. Rare hunting rifles were destroyed and in all of that Australia had one lone hold out to the confiscation. Last August, Rodney William Ansell, the rugged Aussie whose real life exploits inspired the Crocodile Dundee movies, died in a shootout with Australian police who had come (to confiscate his unregistered firearms. Oh, you didn't read about it in our ‘free’ press? That's cause it never appeared.

Full Article

If the police or military go door to door they are breaking the law they swore to uphold and many will be extincted for their treason. You didn't answer my question since you realize that John Poster will get his door knocked on first.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I always carry a pocket edition of the Constitution and my copies of the Federalist papers is on my night stand. To read the eloquence of our founders and the thought put to the correct usage of words to infer exact meaning always has me amazed. It always makesme laugh when I hear some idiot in DC say that those men couldn't understand todays problems. They understood them better than they ever will!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

He may have citizenship, (he does, I was wrong) but he ain't working to better the country thats for sure!!!LOL

Zindo

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

I always carry a pocket edition of the Constitution and my copies of the Federalist papers is on my night stand. To read the eloquence of our founders and the thought put to the correct usage of words to infer exact meaning always has me amazed. It always makesme laugh when I hear some idiot in DC say that those men couldn't understand todays problems. They understood them better than they ever will!

Zindo

Our Founding Fathers were wise beyond measure, it's amazing how clearly they could see while the current PTB can't see past their own noses. Clearly we as a nation need to listen to the voices from the past and learn from their foresight. That is if we wish to remaim a free nation.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Funny how all of you right-wing gun nuts overlook the WELL REGULATED portion of the amendment.

I take genuine offense at this statement.

Those of us who cherish the Bill of Rights and choose to own firearms are not to be called gun nuts.

Presuming that you do not own firearms, you are exercising your right not to own an effective means of defense against violence.

I choose to not only own firearms, but to be trained in the effective use of them.

The millions of Americans who believe as I do, are not insane or mentally defective by this very fact. We believe in the right and the responsibility of the individual to provide for his own safety and well-being.

That value is essentially what it means to be American.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yikes!!!!!!!!! I'm going to become a patriot and a criminal all from the same act, or inaction, of registering and licensing myself.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WSPfan

Tell that to the people in Loisiana, New Orleans, Katrina. How much easier would the gun coonfiscation gone if they knew where all the guns were? As it was they had to go door to door and somehow pulled if off - scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
"A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie." -- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join