It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.45

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

The reason I see no problem with this legislation is that this by no means whatsoever would stop me from legally purchasing a firearm.

My rights arent infringed on. My time, may be, but my rights protected under the second amendment arent. I can still buy my gun, I can still keep my gun. Hell what this does do is make sure that when I am pulled over by some over zealous cop that he has zero right to take away my gun when he finds it in my glove box. "Sorry officer, I have a licence for that gun registered to my name, please put back my property."

What I am saying about this is that it allows police who pull over that known gang banger to arrest him and take away his mac 10. Or do you support that MS-13 gang members right to spray a family with bullets getting back at some other gang banger for infringing on his "turf"?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

The reason I see no problem with this legislation is that this by no means whatsoever would stop me from legally purchasing a firearm.

My rights arent infringed on. My time, may be, but my rights protected under the second amendment arent. I can still buy my gun, I can still keep my gun. Hell what this does do is make sure that when I am pulled over by some over zealous cop that he has zero right to take away my gun when he finds it in my glove box. "Sorry officer, I have a licence for that gun registered to my name, please put back my property."

What I am saying about this is that it allows police who pull over that known gang banger to arrest him and take away his mac 10. Or do you support that MS-13 gang members right to spray a family with bullets getting back at some other gang banger for infringing on his "turf"?

Clearly you are an agent provocateur riding this thread with the soul purpose of using a lawyer like tactic to derive a new meaning for the non infringement clause. In this post you present several unrelated works of fiction and then name some weapons and of all things an invasion force called MS13. Out of respect for ATS rules I will not say more to you than you are in my view very ignorant of what is at stake here.

Post after post you make these idiotic assertions like, "Hell what this does do is make sure that when I am pulled over by some over zealous cop that he has zero right to take away my gun when he finds it in my glove box." That is an idiotic statement on your part to say the least that has nothing to do with HR45 or the 2nd Amendment or firearm legislation.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I'm not an "agent provocateur", as you put it (although I am putting it as a second title because it's so funny). Just someone who actually read the entire law before rushing to judgement.

Some people think for some god knows reason that any gun legislation is the be all end all, that will take away their right to own a gun. It's simply silly and wrong. Its alarmist and in no way does it reflect the reality of the situation. I tried my best to put this new bill into layman's terms, however paranoia has gotten the better of some people.

It's ok have your dilusion, when your still able to buy a gun if this legislation passes you will feel better.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I'm not an "agent provocateur", as you put it (although I am putting it as a second title because it's so funny). Just someone who actually read the entire law before rushing to judgement.

Some people think for some god knows reason that any gun legislation is the be all end all, that will take away their right to own a gun. It's simply silly and wrong. Its alarmist and in no way does it reflect the reality of the situation. I tried my best to put this new bill into layman's terms, however paranoia has gotten the better of some people.

It's ok have your dilusion, when your still able to buy a gun if this legislation passes you will feel better.

FAIL
It is a BILL not a LAW as you put it. You are an agent provocateur since you are still riding the thread and are looking for even more firearm legislation.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Amaizing!
you saw through that and completely FAIL to realise that this is an amendment to an existing LAW!

Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following...

added reference. This BILL is an AMENDMENT to an already EXISTING LAW! Wow whod a thunk it?

also can you please trim your quotes? Seriously, I know what I wrote, it's right above your posts.

[edit on 1/27/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I called my representative this morning in opposition to HR 45 and in support of HR 197. In addition, I sent a snail mail, which actually carries more impact that anything.
Keep that in mind folks. Call them, email them, and it counts. But snail mail still carries more impact than anything else. Take time to cut and paste that PO'd post you make here, clean it up a little, print it, stuff it in an envelope, stamp it, and send it to them.
Doesn't hurt to send a letter to Pelosi and Whorehouse Harry as well. You won't get a response, but you've made contact.
Keep copies of what you send. If this comes to a lawsuit, these copies might be of importance.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

These anti-gun crybabies can waste all the hot air they want trying to take our rights away. Luckily for us, the line was drawn a long time ago.

The sad part is somehow we, the people, end up paying their wages while they try to invent ways to circumvent the constitution.

Just think how much better off everyone would be if they spent our hard earned money on something worthwhile, like feeding the hungry, or housing the homeless.

I know I'd be fired in short order if I spent time at my workplace producing exactly nothing.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The law of unintended consequences, give them a inch and guess what.
We know there are already regulations...... We don't need any more regulations to govern good law abiding people. Instead of trying to regulate people that obey the law why don't they worry about the criminals?

Hmmm maybe this is just another step towards disarming us. Oh wait that has never happened on this planet now has it?

Why do people think that gun control or more laws will help anything, do you think the criminals give a crap what the laws are?

I submit that yes in fact this is a step toward disarming us! Man this makes me mad

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ok people pause a second! Something weird is happening!

H.R. 45 has dramatically changed from the OP. What is going on here?

Thomas no longer has the text of this bill, I did a search on H.R. 45 and got Thomas

But a search for H.R. 45 also came up with this... Text of H.R. 45 [110th]: Healthy Foods for Healthy Living Act

Did I miss something or have they hidden this bill somewhere? There seems to be a lot of different H.R. 45 legislation over the years. Is there something I missed? The OP Link no longer works, looking through Thomas it seems that the full text is gone now? Are they re writing it in committee?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Your right, I did a search and found the header for HR45. Nothing else though, seems it has been removed. Pretty strange but I will keep checking for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

Look, you started slandering my country and I responded in kind. here is the original quote of yours I responded to that started all of this. If you did not wish to be slandered yourself, you should have kept your mouth off of my country.

"Why is "owning a gun" equal to "civil right and freedom" to you americans? Its like cowboy land over there...

Do you feel safer or more free to be able to say "yall come to mah houz' and I'll put a cap in yo a$$, btch!"...

or is one of those things "if this turns into a civil war I want my gun to protect myself"...

because the first one is stupid... you DONT need a gun. Here in europe less than 5% of the population use, own or have a license to guns. We dont need it... and we dont feel ourselves less free for that. Actually we're free of pretty much 90% of homicidal maniacs getting access to guns and shooting high-schools, hospitals, restaurants, etc. Just to give you and example I am a part of those 5% who "own" a gun... its not really mine, it was my grandfather's, its not loaded, I dont own any ammo... and to be honest, I dont even know where the gun is... somewhere in my house thats for sure, come to think about it I dont see it for 15 years - I do have a special thing for my swords though..

in the second case, if something happens ok, we'll get guns... but... in a civil war situation the gun doesnt really need to be legal so... if we need it, we'll get it.

I dont understand the thing in your cowboy minds that says you're not free unless you own a gun and thats part of your civil rights and yadda yadda when all europe has no access to guns (not your easy access anyway) and we think its fine... cause either way, if we really need one we get one... its not like we use guns for "legal" things anyway, so it doesnt really have to be a "legal" weapon

But do explain to me that obsession with guns and how guns represent your freedom as human beings... its like you need something as a gun to run your normal " cowboy-like john wayne" / "bruce willy's yipeeka-yay mf" everyday... As Bruce said in the movie, "That's Roy Rogers jerk off."

One other thing on guns... if you had some real control over who owns a gun and you didnt sell all the kinds of weapons to everyone, maybe... just maybe... you wouldnt have so many of those "Columbine" events."

You probably thought you were cute when you wrote that and maybe some kind of big shot or something. Then when the volley is returned to you, you get all upset. sorry bud, I don't understand that. If you didn't want someone to slap you back, you should have kept your words to a more civil tone in order to voice your opinion.

You, in my opinion, sound quite jealous of us. What's the matter, your place suck? Of course you will deny this and argue it and try some more of your slander, but your Freudian defense mechanisms are rather transparent and I would be willing to wager if someone offered you a free ticket here and citizenship, you wouldn't even bother to call your mom to say goodbye.

Am I proud that we nuked Japan, of course not; however, they started the fight. If you pick a fight with someone bigger than you, you should be prepared to get a bloody nose. They got theirs, I was not born, my family was not yet in this country, and I had nothing to do with it; but, that changes nothing. They picked a fight that even their own military leadership knew they couldn't win. In all honesty, I believe that we forced them into attacking us with our blockade and putting the stranglehold on their resources. Then again, if we stayed completely out of that war, half of your country would be speaking Japanese and half German right now. Don't bother thanking us for our help, we already understand you are a bunch of ungrateful jerk offs. For your sake, I hope whoever is running our country the next time you folks are getting wasted by invaders does not share my feelings about you.

My opinion of you folks did not just evolve randomly, I saw first hand how you treated us when I was in Europe in the military and how you people looked down on us like we were lower life forms. Jealousy is a nasty thing. If you folks had treated myself and my comrades like humans we may not detest you so much now.

See you can pull this off with most of the people here because they never spent a day in a military uniform in your neck of the woods; I however, have and know how you think of us and how you treat us there. And I am sure there are others here too that have dealt with it also.

Personally, I could care less how long you have been around, most cowards do stick around a long time, they always run from a fight, or form gangs to feel more secure (European Union). We on the other hand do not run, and we don't need 12 other friends to protect ourselves. Think I am wrong? Bring your sissy friends on over and try to prove it. Don't forget body bags, maybe better off with morgue ships because your body bags will fill up fast.

I am sure this post will get removed because anyone is allowed to slander the USA here, but we cannot respond to that without retribution from the site or moderators.

[edit on 1/27/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The search for HR45 gives this response from the Library of Congress "H.R.45
Title: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for Other Purposes" Had to point that out.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yet even more tactics to misdirect on your part...

LINK STILL WORKS

SUMMARY AS OF:
1/6/2009--Introduced.
Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.

Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.

Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.

Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.

Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
BILL/RESOLUTION HR 45 LINK STILL WORKS HERE

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Heres what iget when Searching Thomas;

Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The server may be experiencing a temporary error condition; please retry your request later.

Might be server overload or maybe power problem at the source!
Zindo

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Where did you search at? I found it by googling it a House of
Reprensentatives and this is what I found:

H.R.45
Title: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Look, I will not fight back. I already told you, I love the US, I love the country, I love the ppl there, I have great friends there in florida, california, ny, boston... thats why I feel its being wasted and brought down by all of you US rambos and chuck norrises running around. The US is a great country but regarding guns I dont agree with its policy. And about what you said, no, I wouldnt like to live in US, specially not now! Not in the brink of a 3rd world war and always living in fear of being nuked by pretty much 40% of the world... this is not an easy time for the US right now, and specially for the average american having to live always under the shadow of a conventional or nuclear terrorist threat.

And guns... come on, first all that talk about being in the military and crap, look, I was in the air force and that didnt make me a better person so I dont even know why you brought that up. You think you're better than anyone in here just because you "served your part to god and country"? If you really were in a tough situation you'd be glad that most of the people in the world dont know how it feels like and wish that they will never come close to that situation... so why brag about something that has no moral values? Why you want to place everyone in your shoes so they can taste it by themselves? Then let me tell you, you pretty much never came close to war cause the people I know that really tasted war in first person all say the same "pray that you never have to know what I know or go through what I've been through"... you are different though, John Rambo.

Now about guns... you guys dont own guns! You guys own military weapons! SABRs, M4s, M16s, Augs, sniper rifles, hell... you prolly even own rocket launchers! I mean... who the hell needs an M16 assault rifle for "personal protection"? Only a gun maniac, which you have PLENTY in the US. Ppl who stack entire arsenals in a basement somewhere who think they're some sort of future trigger happy freedom fighters and "the time will come when they were right all along".

Personally I dont like guns... I prefer far noble weapons when you actually see you enemy face to face instead of cowardly being at a safe range. But thats my personal belief and not how the world works.

Look... peace is not at the end of a gun barrel and the famous "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" is almost 2000 years old and still ppl say it with pride... did we not evolve in the last 2000 years so we have the same mentality we had 2000 years ago?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join