It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.45

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

It's not liberals vs conservatives vs greens vs libertarians. It's the state, their international bosses and their goons vs us.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitieTempliSalmo

link

link

link

link

link

link

Europe can't handle their cutlery, BAN it ALL!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

Wow!...

That is sure gonna be a lot of felonies...just at my house! Thanks you your honor, I will take another...see ya at 350 yards.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilitieTempliSalmo
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Look here cowboy... the first and last time that anyone invaded my country was 1807 and it was Napoleon... oh and we drove them back with the aid from the british (oldest military alliance in europe) a year later... by this time you were in the middle of the 2 barbary wars against the regencies of the ottoman empire and in the brink of war with britain and france by the time that james madison was elected president of the US.

In WW2 we were allied with Britain but our leader was ... kind of a friend of little Adolf so we were mainly the world center of espionage, something like a neutral ground for you all to meet and talk without shooting yourselves.

So my friend... I owe nothing to the cowboys. Oh and get some history lessons cause you sure need them. WW2... come on...

I believe I said Europe not any specific country. And I apologize if the truth hurts. You arrogant Europeans always think you know everything and that your way is the only way. Fortunately for us, we do not need you, so we do not have to put up with your arrogance. We should have left Hitler alone to kick all your sissy tails, and then took him out ourselves. That in fact was our big mistake. If we had done it that way and solely concentrated on Japan, we would have lost less of our own lives trying to help you ungrateful pieces of dirt (for lack of using foul language), after we dropped the big mushroom on Japan then we could have laid waste to Hitler of course this would be after he annihilated most of you worthless cowards in Europe. Plus this would have had the added benefit of avoiding the cold war because Russia wouldn't have been there to snatch up their share of Germany's scientists, leaving us as the only Nuclear power for decades.

The only time you morons show us any respect at all is when someone is kicking your behind and you desperately need someone to bail you out. Next time you might find us not so willing to help you. Try some respect, burn your bridges down now and you may be swimming in crap one day.

[edit on 1/26/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Gun rights are not about duck hunting. They're about shooting politicians who get too big for their britches; who forget that "we the people pay their salary"; that they are public servants not masters.

We only have as many rights as we have bullets to insist upon.

I, too, do not think that H.R. 45 will pass but I do think it serves another purpose. Short of getting gunowners to register their weapons, get them to write their legislators and complain. Since the only ones willing to do that ARE gun owners, it equates to registration.

All the complainers have guns. Best to keep your ammo dry and your mouth shut. We all know what's coming and no amount of complaining is going to stop it.

I think at some point we're going to have to get comfortable with being "lawbreakers". Just as those harboring Jews in WWII were lawbreakers, I won't mind the label.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Meh, nvm. delete post please.

[edit on 1/26/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Don't worry. There is no support behind this legislation. Friends of mine have already contacted congressmen and NRA. No one is worried about this.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Arguements and situations like this is why I urge all pro-gun Americans to join their local State Militias. No, not the National Guard but the Militias, most if not all states have them and they are not controlled by the Fed. That way when people like to point out technicalities, you can respond "I AM in a well regulated militia and the 2nd Amendment, in all its glory, applies to me." If the ranks swell then the people and the states become more powerfull.

Here's a thread I started a while back with some info on the state Militias.
State Militias

[edit on 26-1-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Got an email the other day that expresses my opinion on the matter succinctly. The picture doesn't download (and it really was worth a thousand words. LOL)

My next door neighbor wants to ban all

guns! Their house is not armed. To

respect their opinion I promise not to

use my guns to help protect them.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Beaux

Smith & Wesson and Ruger make their 44 magnum revolvers for hunting medium to larger game. I have ammo for mine that say deer stopper right on the box. The pistols were not made to hunt people. They are usually way too big to pack around. Outside of Dirty Harry movies you don't see cops or criminals swinging out a 44 mag with a 9.5" bbl Try stashing one of those in your waistband.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
They are also doing this with water wells in Texas. They sent me a form 10 years ago stating I needed to register it, capacity questions ,etc.

Getting very Orwellian day by day. Chips,anyone?
Obama lied when he said he was'nt going to take our guns away.

Charlton Heston is rolling over in the proverbial grave.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokecrops
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

making guns illegal insures only the criminals will have guns.

Completely agree!

plus history has taught us that gun laws are horribly ineffective.

That's a broad generalization.

Gun laws can be anything from saying each one must be stamped with a serial number (OH THE HORROR)...

All the way to saying that you cannot own any guns (Which is actually a horror).

I for one am very happy with Serial Numbers on guns and linking them up to their owners for purposes of forensics.

I don't see how Gun Laws in general can be a problem unless those laws attempt to outlaw ownership of guns.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I will gleefully vote against any republican or democrat who supports this type of bill.regardless of their stance on other issues.the second amendment is the TEETH of the constitution.what do we do wwhen we cant speak out against our government.fight them with broomsticks?pray it never comes to that.the second amendment did not give us the right to
bear arms,we already had it.what it does do is guarantee no law will be past to infringe upon that right.i'll hold on to firearms folks.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Man i love this kind of stuff and i hope this law is passed and i hope they taske our rights away i hope that my goverment will come knock on my door and take my gun. the corruption will never end we are only human there is no stop to electing a shadow. they are hard to see in the light but they come out in the dark. someday the pot will boil over. no if we have no firearms we will have far better technology when the time comes, for ourselves rather then what the goverment allows us to have because it will be illegal to retain one from the goverment, in wich there will be no limit to what we will make and give to our neighbor. for every action there is a reaction. the more our goverment restricts us to doing the closer we get to being the same level as the middle east pretty soon we will all rely on what things the black market has to offer if it keeps going the way it is. what doesnt destroy us will only make us stronger gentlmen, and ladies

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hey man what's up haven't seen you in a while.

You are in fact quite correct. The serial numbers would seem sufficient. Any kind of license or permit is actually an infringement on rights. A permit or license is a form of permission, you do not need permission for something that is a right.

Personally I do not own a firearm, but I definitely respect a person's right to have one without having to be permitted to do so. That's like saying you need a permit to breath, breathing is a right not a privilege just as it is one's right to own and bear arms.

Anyhow nice to see you here again.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

The truth doesnt hurt... if I wanted to really go "far enough" I would say that if it wasnt for europe, you'd still be hunting buffalos to wear their skins as clothes but... lets not go that far into the past... now if the Germans werent fighting in russia you would have been kicked out of europe by the same beach you landed on... ahm. Correct that... you would never got in that war in the first place. The american army was no match for the german army if it wasnt scattered all over russia. If it wasnt for the redskis you wouldnt stand a chance against germany alone. Did that truth hurt?

Nice job on being proud of being the only nation ever to use a nuclear device on anyone. Of so many reasons to be proud of being an american, why did you have to mention that one?

Oh and btw... you talk a lot for a nation who lost a war with a bunch of -SNIP- dressed in rags and with bamboo hats in the jungle, a country which right now is losing a war against some poorly armed civilians in iraq because the american army thinks their playing a game like counter strike or battlefield and we see videos of american soldiers eating their sandwiches on top of those M1s like they're on vacation being picked one by one by snipers. Now did the truth hurt here? Hope not.

Oh and... if it wasnt for european scientists you would never figured out the bomb by yourselves. And if it wasnt for european / german V2 rockets, you didnt have any propulsion system for your space program, still today your space and aeronautics owes europe a lot (specially, ironically the nazis). What you think the US entered WW2 to help?
no... the US entered the war because it could profit from it... at the expense of their own people's lives! After the war your "scientists" were pretty much all european and you even offered shelter for all the ex-nazi scientists to work for you. And thats why you are the super power you are now... you owe your existance to europe as you owe your current "superpower status" not because you are "american", but because you have the money to contract the best "outsiders" to develop and release "american technology". Hope the truth didnt hurt here either.

Basically, america is the mother and father of outsourcing.

And still... look at the euro value... you talk a lot for someone who desperately needs a new currency that is worth something.

As you asked, I can also respond with real european arrogance. Who are you with not even 300 years old to talk like that when europe has history that completely dwarfs american history? And when american history is no more than a derivative of european history?

Hope you do know that the problem is the "us arrogance" of "we are the best in the world" and that is why the world hates america... because deep inside, it scares you... you surely know that next time maybe you'll be the ones asking for europe's help...

I love the us... its a great country with great ppl but I hate guys like you I AM AMERICAN MANNNNN, WE'RE THE BEST MAN!!!! WAAAARRRGH!... stupid patriotic bs

Maybe Obama is the right guy... and if he is, he'll cool off all those "yea man I'm american man... mah ballz are in mah gunz mannn" kinda mentality and stupid pride some ppl have. Maybe he will change that and turn you into normal people again that are proud in being what you are as human beings part of the same planet as the rest of us and not those patriot blind ignorants.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by MilitieTempliSalmo]

Mod Edit:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.
Terms and Conditions

[edit on 27-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
i agree with every single thing you just said in the above post about america it full of alot of arrogant people but we have done alot for this world compared to any country we have not been a country for a long time and have done so much, we were defeated in the jungle because we were not prepared any war is about preperation and knowledge not about who is a better person or who is a stronger person or any of that crap it is about strategy even if the strategy consists of throwing people in trees and stuff like that it is all stratagy right now every country is loosing to people in rags because you cant stop terrorism its impossible because of the way they operate it is a bunch of people that are more careless then most people, and do not fear death they live for it. it cant be stopped unless you whipe out there whole religion from the face of earth wich will never happen because they are so spread out. america is europeen by the way that is where we mainly came from we still have your bloodlines your history is much apart of our life as ours so i thought i would throw that out there indeed america is arrogant but that is because people do not see what is going on in the world it is due to our goverment it is not really our fault we are kept in the wrappings of a velvet cloth blind to the outside but that will end soon

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I began this thread as a gun-banning advocate. I am now pro-gun.

I see where you are all (well, not all; there have been the usual percentage of wacko posts) coming from with regard to the 2nd amendment. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

I am in Australia, where we banned guns back in 1996 (or thereabouts), and I supported it. Different political situation here, but maybe we were wrong...

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR1159
I began this thread as a gun-banning advocate. I am now pro-gun.

I see where you are all (well, not all; there have been the usual percentage of wacko posts) coming from with regard to the 2nd amendment. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

I am in Australia, where we banned guns back in 1996 (or thereabouts), and I supported it. Different political situation here, but maybe we were wrong...

Cheers!

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED....

Don't tread on me

Out of bounds

Off limits

Not encroached

No law shall be passed

Freedom

There is no difference between confiscating guns or putting limits on guns since both of these infringe my 2nd Amendment. This is more than a pro or anti gun issue. This is a Constitutional crisis since Federal politicians are unrelenting with infringing rules and regulations that never stop. This causes the citizens to employ their own lawyers at great expense to fight with the lobbyists and the politicians who are beholden to them.

There is endless legislation at the Federal, State, County and Local levels all aimed at legal gun owners. Yes if you give them an inch they will take a mile! The government by placing conditions on the 2nd Amendment has in fact violated its own law since it is the Government that is NOT TO INFRINGE

Encroach

Violate

Regulate

I'm not trivializing matters by talking about this important Constitutional issue. The Bill of Rights limits and regulates the GOVERNMENT NOT ME. The Bill of Rights is not an express grant but are PREEXISTING RIGHTS along with Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. This bill would have me inventory my property for them and grant me permission to continue to own items that are already my property under the penalty of law. That violates my 4th and 5th Amendment PROTECTIONS.

Oh what a slippery slope the government is on as members like Dennis Kucinich who appear to be pro Constitution intend to dismantle the most important part of it...

Rep Kucinich Link 1
Rep Kucinich Link 2

For years and years citizens had to live under an Assault Weapon Ban that was also in the face of the non infringement clause of the 2nd Amendment. How are we to defend our homes, neighbors, streets and avenues with inadequate weapons to the task in the event of invasion, governmental coup, military coup or revolt?

Naturally we will use whatever it takes or perish. Rocks, clubs, knifes and the weapons we have and free citizens will be able to pick up their Military Weapons and use them against them until the Constitution stands or falls. We have done it their way for years and thanks to their meddling the crime rate is at a rise. Millions of ILLEGAL ALIENS freely roaming in our streets and towns, POVERTY stricken masses, petty laws and the list is growing.

I'm disgusted that the politicians relentlessly peruse federal legislation of the 2nd Amendment that states clearly

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

That is EXPLICIT!!!

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

They are wasting OUR time and money in an attempt to transgress OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES. The non infringement clause limits the Federal Government by instructing it to NEVER EVER ENCROACH ON AMENDMENT #2

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Dont forget that the American Marines and some Army troops were also fighting in the Pacific Theatre....which would have helped to balance the equation against the German Army if not divided by fighting the Russians.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join