It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Crashed in Roswell- July 7, 1947

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Logic616

Your welcome, I do my best with every thread I make to use resources that are well known and easy to access. Thanks fo rthe kind words..

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Like wise, I appreciate the kind words and all. I did not know about the Fire Balloons at all until about 4 months ago. Its truely interesting what the media covers up.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Well here's Ed Mitchell's recent controversial interview with Kerrang Radio, a British radio station.

And here's NASA response; (hope the video works, it has a strange video number)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Awesome much thanks I will view them asap. Diligent work!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Double Post

[edit on -06002009-01-25T18:51:53-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 25 Jan 2009 18:51:53 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, my 2 cents are that for some reason the US Govt Does not want to fully disclose the Roswell Incident.
I don't think Why or Why Not are the questions we should be asking.
I think it should be more like the What If(s), and What will(s) would be a fair discussion.

Perhaps this incident was caused by man made weapon-a country other than ours with discovered technology or their own that is cause for concern.

Perhaps the physical evidence they have is really some sort of proof there is an alien presence and it has been known for quite some time.

In many Top Secret Aircraft accidents, even when debris is cleaned up and removed Aircraft Archelogists can still find some sort of artifact even after the accident occured over 40 years ago.

The places where Roswell was to have happened have led to no one finding any sort of crash debris(at least stated openly).

That means it either didn't happen or it didn't happen in the place it was said to have happen-if you believe the modern day logic.

So...perhaps it is more of a question about what would change if the truth was revealed? Maybe if this technology becomes public and is exploited it could endanger a sort of timeline that would be catastrophic to our own Country.

Maybe it did happen, and with the technology discovered, they were able to sort of "replay" the timeline and change the outcome so that what was an accident and a crash was in fact prevented and that is why there is no "leftover" debris that many have been scouring the countryside of that area to find.

Can you imagine what the course of human history would take or not take if it was revealled that we can change the course of events?

Maybe we are not thinking further out of the box to really understand the Roswell Incident.

In any event(no pun intended) I think it is important to safeguard technology, alien or man made, so it does not fall into the wrong hands and endanger what I believe are a majority of good people in this world.

Good reading though. Thanks for the insight.
Always a pleasure to read and submit on nice subject matter.
Sincerely,
MBSCSDD

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Many years ago I bought and may still have an Italian book translated into English about man-made crafts produced and tested Americans often based ob plans taken from the Nazis. Most of this took place 1946-50. There was even a disc shaped craft which flew but had severe problems in controlling when it deviated from the horizontal plane.

There were a lot of photographs of not only paper plans but of actual reconstructed prototypes. Convincingly the author showed that there was a top-secret attempt to get one of these working, but they all seemed to have flaws that made them impractical.

!947 was the height of US and American animosity and it doesn't seem unrealistic that in the aftermath of the atomic weapon being demonstrated as
for real, there was a race on to find another high tech breakthrough.

I wouldn't be surprised if some sightings of round UFOs can be attributed to the US testing their own secret version.

Personally, having read tons of literature and data on Roswell, I conclude there is no possibility of any alien bodies or craft. The record has been muddied by 3 generations of con artists, the attention seeking delusional, false reporting, and wild totally unfounded speculations.

The biggest story in history can't be kept secret for over 60 years unless there was no real story.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Well his views are not entirely new:

Edgar Mitchell: US Covers Up Aliens For 50 Years

by Tom Rhodes

The Sunday Times - (London)

October 11, 1998

NEW YORK -- There are no little green men on the moon. Edgar Mitchell knows this because in 1971 he became the sixth man to walk on it. He is positive, however, that aliens have landed on Earth.

Sharing the podium at a conference in Connecticut yesterday with "alien abductees" and others who claim to have had contact with unidentified flying objects (UFOs), the former Nasa astronaut intensified his campaign to persuade Washington to acknowledge life beyond our skies.

Mitchell argues that life is almost certain to exist on any other planet with a supportive environment. Some physicists, he points out, now believe it is possible to travel faster than light, even if humble earthlings have yet to achieve it.

Also If I remember correctly, going into space did not make him believe in UFO's, he was already interested in the phenomena. If he knows all this proof that they exist, all he has to do. Is show some shred of proof, just give an ounce of it, something.

Dr. Mitchell, could very well be correct. But I am not seeing it, words are words, I remember peopleing saying that a certian fish (Forgot the name) was extinct and they swore up and down that it was not alive, turns out the fish was really alive and thriving. Not sure, but I do not fully trust him.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Dr. Mitchell, could very well be correct. But I am not seeing it, words are words,

This is not your typical ufological new age hoaxer. We're talking about Dr. Edgar Mitchell 6th man on the moon, you simply cannot doubt his credibility and honesty. Check out all the degrees and doctorates he earned, he also stated that his main interest isn't UFOs anyways.

He said that he was briefed; being around intelligence circles and what not lead to this, NOT that he was shown any proof. He also grew up in Roswell, so he talked to the locals and they also confirmed the case of extraterrestrials.

Another thing that you left out of your theory are the hieroglyphic looking symbols observed by Jesse Marcel senior on the eye beam from the wreckage. Even his son corroborates this description because his father showed it to him; given, he was really young at the time though.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well it seems on ats most people believe that all of the military officials and astrounuts are all mad when they say et's are real.Or are they all lieing for project blue beam.I guess ill put my confidence in members of a conspiracy web site instead.Because documents on the net really tell you the truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I understand, but look at the Bernard Madoff, he was well decorated in the financial institute but with his words he was bale to rob people of Billions of dollars. Once again we have words, but no proof about naything. For all I know these briefings could have actually been about underwear, I do not know, so they could in reality be true. But I don't see it mate, sorry.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here are some images Myth, tell me how this can fit into your theory;

Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr's drawings of a metallic "I-beam" with symbols on it that he viewed at the Marcel home.

Mogul engineer Charles Moore's drawing of symbols on reinforcement tape used on radar targets

Quite elaborate drawings wouldn't you agree? .. I personally find this to be one proof of the witnesses' observational skills. Just comes to show how LONG these people examined the wreckage, and how they came to the extraterrestrial conclusion.

Cheers

[edit on 25/1/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the U2U spam I really enjoyed that

I enjoy a fresh perspective also.
As far as your theory there is a lot of maybes and ifs I'm sorry I think the time table is way off.

Also did the Japanese use Aluminum foil in those balloon bombs?
That would have attracted a lot of radar attention. Something I think the balloon bombers would have wanted to avoid.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Like i said I have no idea about the hyroglyphs, maybe they were there, maybe not. Chances are they were since everyone is talking about them, but I am not sure. The theory does have holes, but this does not fit in it, or at least I do not think so?... This hits the theory below the belt, twice..lol

[edit on -06002009-01-25T19:32:56-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 25 Jan 2009 19:32:56 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yea, I know.. my bad, i aleady apologized for it and now I will do it again. So sorry for sending everyone this u2u, please forgive me, yes I know I am an idiot.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Also what part of this looks like a saucer?

And if this is an example of the hardware that fell it would have been known to be man made and not Alien. I find the theory entertaining at best

Japanese Balloon Bombs

These are Japanese balloon bombs, used during the Second World War to attack the US mainland. You can read my earlier article about them here. Despite being a resounding failure, the balloon bombs were nevertheless an extraordinary feat of ingenuity, carefully adjusting their altitude by detonating small charges to shed ballast when flying too low, and venting gas when too high. Some fusen bakudan made it as far east as Michigan, although of 6,000 launched in the winter of 1944 only 310 were ever found in the US. The only casualties occurred when a group of six Oregonians on a picnic trip discovered a landed balloon, their disturbance unfortunately set off the bomb.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is the Greatest hoax of all mankind has ever wittnessed!

This was a protype military aircraft of it's day and was covered up by this incredibly crafty story. No one in the military at this time ever thought it would get by the people and was only designed to by the military enough time to clean up. They never intended this hoax to ever go past a few days let alone decades. They saw an opportunity to redirect the curious away from military aircraft and they went with it. It is to many still going on today and many still believe that there are ufo's out there.

To the many who still believe, this is the story and the real truth. I am sorry to disapoint the many but this is the beginning of the disclosure of truth about UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS from outter space.

A true former believer and researcher,

Anonymous

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It was 2 years later, chances are they used a similar scheme, but larger and stronger. The Radar used back in the day was not that good as today. Look at the third picture of when it is shot down, in the op, in that picture it looks like a UFO.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

But then again, what is alien?

well Alien to me means something that is not man made and not identifiable.

Has he ever seen an alien craft before and touched it to compare?

probably not but that doesn't mean his judgement should be dismissed or watered down just to fit a theory especially when that theory is less likely to be the truth. (read Frank Warrens post
)

I do not Marcell was completely wrong, just mistaken in what he thought the object was.

i seen a real UFO and i was not mistaken about anything so i empathize with Mr. Marcel about what he witnessed.

it's entirely your prerogative to believe whatever you like and based on your un-objective Op and your response to me , i feel that your mind is already made up about this..... correct me if i am wrong

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
There are no conspiracies, aliens do not exist.Man and earth are the center of the universe.Our science is at the forefront of understanding.No technology exists beyond our understanding.God placed all of his faith in mankind.The stars a mearly a bonny picture for when we choose to look up.We are it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join