It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Crashed in Roswell- July 7, 1947

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

A small problem, maybe...

According to your post "The last balloon launched was on April of 1945."

That's confirmed here: web.mst.edu...

Roswell events were in July of 1947. Where was that balloon all that time? Can they stay aloft that long? Did I miss something?

Nonetheless, very interesting and made me go dig.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

I thought I typed a sentence about that, what happened to it..lol..anyway, I see what you are saying. I do not know what type of bombs were in it or anything. But I think that a couple of bombs from a certain height would be able to create that crater. Again, I am not sure what was in it, only that I believe that it was Fire Bomb containing biological agents along with explosives.. Awesome question that I cannot answer..

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Yea, I realize that the "last" one was launched on that day. But this was a surprise attack. The Japanese knew they could get across the borders of the US seemingly un-noticed and drop a biological weapon with there Fire Balloons, after all they had done it during WWII (without the bio weapons) and all they needed was for it to land anywhere in the US to cause biological damage. Revenge if you will by the Japanese.

[edit on -06002009-01-25T16:56:02-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 25 Jan 2009 16:56:02 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's been 30 years. Time limit on keeping TOP SECRET documents secret.

The Freedom of infomration act should have given us access to the government story.

Of course, how could you really trust disclosure?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Very true, who can trust disclosure. Perhaps this event was not even documented, who knows..

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
here's the hole in your theory

i believe Mr. Marcel was telling the truth and i also believe he would know the difference between a spy balloon and something Alien.

and yes this theory has been posted before

Jasonjnelson did this kind of thread but since there are probably a thousand Roswell threads already it's not easy to find.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
1.)Anyone alive during WWII would be able to identify Japanese writing, and it would never be mistaken for anything like alien symbols. Remember, we are talking about military, who would know what Japanese writing was quite clearly.

2.) Crashing Balloons do not leave a long deep gash in the ground the way aircraft do.

3.) There was a 'significant" amount of wreckage recovered. Enough to require a few trucks. Much more than would be found with Japanese balloon bombs.

That is the story anyway. Run with it. Just don't run with scissors.

Consider this. The musician John Denver was supposedly born in Roswell roughly around the time of the "Crash" incident. He is supposed to be the son of an Air Force officer who worked at the base. He looked very alien with those odd eyes of his and wide face. He moved to a very high location in the Rockies and sang songs about his specific location, which was then broadcast into space through radio transmission. He tried to get on the Space Shuttle and when NASA turned him down, he approached Russia, who wanted to charge him more than he could pay. He died in an experimental flying vehicle.

Yep, you guessed it, he was a stranded alien trying to get home.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't know much about Roswell but here is my guess on the story.
The American made a spherical shaped craft with jet propulsion that they stole from the Russians via intel. The Russian had gotten it from nazi engineering but it was unstable and unusable. The craft crashed and was recovered by civilians. Things went up fast and the army retracted its statement to cover the intel leak with the balloon story which were also used to monitor Russian nuclear tests. Cold war at its best.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

But then again, what is alien? Has he ever seen an alien craft before and touched it to compare? Perhaps it was the rush of the moment, you are handed a strange object and the first thing that comes to your mind when Brazell says that he found it and it looks like it came from the sky. I would jump to a Alien UFO caravan, but lets look at it deeper, I do not Marcell was completely wrong, just mistaken in what he thought the object was.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
So what was it that really crashed there? A UFO, A Spy Balloon, A Japanese Fire Balloon, a Russian Spy Balloon? Personally, I am aiming at the Japanese Fire Balloon, it was the chance for them to get back at us, using a simple tool that could get into the US and was incredibily hard to detect. Along with some biological weapons to kill Americans, like we had killed in the Atomic Bomb.

The problem with the balloon theory is that the debris field seems to be to large for a balloon, even a big one. And a balloon also moves to slow to create such a large debris field.

Furthermore according to Wiki the last Japanese fire balloon was lauched in 1945. I see someone also mentioned this a few post above...

With no evidence of any effect, General Kusaba was ordered to cease operations in April 1945. The expense was large, and in the meantime the B-29s had destroyed two of the three hydrogen plants needed by the project. The last one was launched in April 1945.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 25/1/09 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

The balloons were created to flow quite quickly actually with the light and dark (morning to night). It would expand and contracted to move along, so it is possible for the balloon to have crossed in the time frame presented and the Japanese could have fixed the balloon up with extra technology that was not around 2 years before. I have already explained the 45 balloon launch and and the possible 47 ballon launch.

[edit on -06002009-01-25T17:12:28-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 25 Jan 2009 17:12:28 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The main problem concerning a Japanese revenge attack is motive . In post war Japan the people followed the will of the Emperor which was to cooperate with MacArthur democratic reforms . I do however want to point out that this never the less still ranks has one of the more plausible explanation for Roswell that I have read . If I recall correctly the claim that it was a US spy balloon was related to the US looking for signs of Nuclear activity in the Soviet Union .

Also there would have to been a large number of these attack Balloons launched by by a bunch of kook's and nut cases in Japan for them to have any effect at all . My summary would be that the idea that has been put forward is plausible if not probable .

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i read this with the ballons in the new PM-Magazine
in the german-edition..

nice thread

Nia

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So I was going to reply to the Roswell question, but then I noticed that this site records your ip address...why? thats weird. Why would this site need my ip address. I think they're #in nazis or something.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

According to your post "The last balloon launched was on April of 1945."

Roswell events were in July of 1947. Where was that balloon all that time

I'm all for a mundane, terrestrial thing that crashed,

as far as a device from a holdover cell of Japanese zealots that launched
their version of the failed 'Fire Bomb Balloons'...
which Japan set aloft & let the haphazard Jet-Stream carry them to the
USA mainland-- that would seem a very unreliable 1 time attack on the
USA.

the secret cell of Jananese holdouts somewhere in the Pacific were wasting their time in launching a single balloon in 1947...
as we can see, absolutely no Damage, firestorms or biological, were
suddenly to befall the USA, from the landing of that balloon craft.

I put a faith in the integrity of the Japanese military, when they were told to surrender - they did exactly as they were instructed by their Emperor,
no further sneak attacks or sabotage by secret die-hards abandoned by their Nation.

However, the Nazi Germans which excaped to both Antarctica or to
the frontiers in Patagonia, Argentina in S.A. could have been using their last remaining 'Saucer craft' for military purposes in the weapons development area of N.Mexico,
and the debris was from Nazi technology which if revealed,
would have turned the Post-War era upside down...

i remain puzzled

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Greetings TheMythLives,

Here's the problem with "any" balloon theory; at the end of the day no matter their use,"top secret" or not, the balloons are just that i.e., balloons! They're not made of anything "exotic, nor unrecognizable to the men of the 509th.

FUGO balloons, or what you're calling "fire balloons" were made of paper (15 meter-type A) and "rubberized silk" (9 meter-type B).

The last balloons launched were in either March or April, 1945 as the factories which supplied the materials (including hydrogen) were destroyed by American bombing.

There is no record of any balloon falling in New Mexico, although some reached as far east as Michigan.

Separately, the debris as shown in Ramey's office as been identified as "Rawin Radar reflector" material.

As to the "biological" end to your hypotheses, first this was 1947, the war was over, the Japanese were under military occupation by the United States and it's allies; moreover, any "biologicals would have affected Brazel, and Dee Proctor along with his neighbors.

As to balloons of any other kind, or from any other source see the first paragraph.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

THANK YOU!!! Thank you for not diving into the insane depths of fringe conspiracy theorist babble. I enjoyed your coherent presentation of the facts as they are known. Many ATS users could learn a lesson about how to start a thread. Take note loons: a good presentation of outside sources plus ones own reasonable speculation=a good theory.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hey there, Myth

Great post!!

I think that it's always great to hear a fresh take on Roswell. I don't know about you but it has become so distorted and covered up, then un-covered up that I don't really know were I stand on it anymore.

I really like this idea that you've presented. I had know earthly idea that these "fire balloons" could have such a long reach.

Great find!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It's a good and well researched theory, however.. how do you account for Edgar Mitchell's recent statements regarding Roswell being true?; in that the crashed disk was of extraterrestrial origin.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Very interesting, could you post his starments so I can take a look. I will have to see what he has to say.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join