It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best ammo to stock up on

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th Element

I I have been getting the WOLF non-corrosive ammo so it won't rust durring long term storage.

Hey Bro, I just want 2 give you a heads-up about "non-corrosive" ammo so as to make sure you fully understand what it is and remember to store your ordnance properly.

The term “corrosive ammunition” refers to the fact that the priming compound in the cartridge (when the gun is fired and then not cleaned) will cause the bore to rust and pit. Corrosive priming by itself is not necessarily a bad thing because if the ammunition is stored properly (in a cool, dry environment, out of direct sunlight) it will last virtually forever. You just have to thoroughly clean the gun after shooting it.

www.ak-47.net...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I believe that any type of thermonuclear device suitable for mounting on long-range intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) will be appropriate for any forseeable contingency that may arise. That is all.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlance

Yeah, I understand your point also. I was mostly talking about cases of "bugging out", seeing as how many ppl in the survival forum seem to be thinking about doing that in a worst case senario. Therefore my fewer guns idea.

I love my Glock .40

Bugging out for me would be a slow and messy process since I have a family with two young boys, so I'm looking at more of the live just outside a big city thing, and not in it, to maybe be able to sustain living in one place. If I find the need to bug out I'm in deep crapola, so to be able to survive in one place for a few years or more is more what I'm looking at.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join