It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Submarine Objects ~ USOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by karl 12

The Shag Harbor incident is probably one of the best documented cases out there.
www.ufoevidence.org...
There are other cases, but this object was tracked for a while.

The Shag Harbor Incident is excellent reading. Thanks for posting it
It's one of the best cases I've read. Utterly fascinating and the conclusion is intriguing too...

The "story," unlike other crash/retrieval scenarios, has what we might call a "happy ending": after ships sat over the submerged UFO for a week, watching it being repaired by yet another craft, the flotilla is ordered to show challenge to a soviet submarine that decided to violate the then 12-mile international limit and attempt to make contact with the underwater UFO. As this confrontation unfolds, both UFOs leave the area underwater and move toward the Gulf of Maine, where they break the surface and fly away. This departure gives rise to a second major sighting on 11 October 1967 of two UFOs sighted in that area by multiple witnesses from Shag Harbour to Yarmouth.
Source

I'm surprised it hasn't been dramatized and made into movie. It has all the elements that made The Abyss and The Deep so good. Russian subs, memory loss, crashes, rescues and a secretive Priest etc.

I've been reading the thread on possible reasons for the lack of disclosure and none of the suggestions really satisfy me. This case again leaves me frustratingly mystified as to why the heck not
S&F despite the headache

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky,you're not wrong about the Shag Harbour incident,it certainly is an interesting one and the claims of one craft repairing the other one are fascinating (it would make a mighty fine movie).

Some other similar cases:

November 11th, 1972, and the Norwegian Navy began tracking a USO for two weeks in the Sognefjord, one of the longest and deepest fjords in the world. A fleet of ships and submarine-hunting helicopters were tasked with locating the object. On November 20th, the object was seen exiting the water. It was described as ‘a massive, silent, cigar-shaped object’. One of the ships opened fire on the object, but it simply sank back down beneath the waves. Depth charges were dropped to no avail. Then a plan was drawn up to blockade the fjord and trap the USO, but the object disappeared.

In 1960, the Argentinean Navy tracked two unidentified submerged objects in the Golfo Nuevo, 650 miles south of Buenos Aires. At first it was thought that they were US submarines, but then they appeared to break apart and fly out of the water. Paul Stonehill, co-author with Philip Mantle of UFO-USSR, explained how the objects simply emerged from the water and vanished. Paul went on to tell us that the Soviet leader at the time, Nikita Khrushchev, was so impressed with the report that he ordered his representative in Buenos Aires to find out more about the event.

In 1989, a large object was seen by multiple witnesses (and picked up on sonar) resting on the surface of the water in the Pacific Ocean. It released several, smaller objects before submerging. It was tracked on sonar heading south towards the Santa Catalina Channel before disappearing.

Cheers Karl

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
USO report from 30 July 1967:

SOURCE: Argentine national newspaper "El Razón" 2 August 1967, also quoted in full in: Antonio Las Heras: "Informe sobre los visitantes extraterrestres y sus naves voladoras": Buenos Aires, 1974.

SHIP REPORTING: Argentine-flag freighter "Naveiro", ELMA shipping company, Buenos Aires. Ship was under command of Captain Julio Lucas Ardanza and heading for Buenos Aires to discharge. Crew of 40. Freight: Explosives and general cargo. Captain addressed a Press conference upon docking at Buenos Aires 2315 hrs 1 August 1967.

LOCATION: Waters of Santa Marta Grande, south of Gulf of Santa Catalina, about 120 miles off coast of southern Brazil.

CONDITIONS: A night sighting, dark with much marine phosphorescence.

TIME AND DATE OF OCCURRENCE: 1815 hrs Argentine time, Sunday 30 July 1967.

PARTICULARS OF INCIDENT: A good lookout was being kept because of the explosives aboard. The off-duty crew was at supper. The captain was called to the bridge by the first mate, Jorge Montoya, and shown what appeared to be a submarine about 9 metres off the starboard bow.

Captain Ardanza described the vessel as "a luminous submarine 30 metres in length the shape of an elongated Havanna cigar". It was running semi-submerged. He could see no conning tower, periscopes, rudders or propellors. The submarine left no wake. It was clear to see because of its strange light blue/white luminescence. It remained alongside the ship for fifteen minutes matching it for speed, then increased to 25 knots, submerged and headed below the freighter and away".

In response to reporters' questions, Captain Ardanza stated that he had been a ship's captain for twenty years and knew the difference between a submarine and a whale. The submarine was "rigid not flexible." The sighting was reporting by radio to the Brazilian shore authority which failed to reply.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Very interesting thread

I have heard of reports of UFO's taking on water not far from where I live in NSW Australia.
One sighting goes back to 1994, lots of people seen the UFO or it may have been a USO.
The local police were inundated with phone calls.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekonabroom
Very interesting thread

I have heard of reports of UFO's taking on water not far from where I live in NSW Australia.
One sighting goes back to 1994, lots of people seen the UFO or it may have been a USO.
The local police were inundated with phone calls.

Bekonabroom- thanks for the reply,the incident you mention is a fascinating case

Gosford 1994.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think debunker explanations on this one are conspicuous by their absence.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There are two incidents of unexplained sounds from the Equatorial Pacific Ocean. Neither seem to have been resolved as yet. No similar incidents seem to have occurred.

The first is known as 'Slow Down'

This was recorded May 19, 1997 on the Equatorial Pacific Ocean autonomous hydrophone array. The sound slowly descends in frequency over about 7 minutes and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on three sensors at 95W, and 8S, 0, and 8N, at a range of nearly 2,000 km. This type of signal has not been heard before or since. It yields a general location near 15S; 115W (far off the west coast of northern South America). The origin of the sound is unknown.

The second is known as 'Bloop'

This was repeatedly recorded during the summer of 1997 on the Equatorial Pacific Ocean autonomous hydrophone array. The sound rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km. It yields a general location near 50oS; 100oW (far off the west coast of southern South America). The origin of the sound is unknown.

The link for both also has images and the sounds (Quicktime required).

More than likely geological in origin, but interesting nevertheless.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Karl 12 or anyone in this thread....has anyone here seen a USO or UFO?

I'd like to here about it if you have seen one?

I myself had a sighting in 1994....a UFO,or several about 12 UFO's at night.
I was not alone & other people reported it to the police & newspapers.

Also Karl 12....the video link you posted of Gosford, this area has had lots of reports of UFO activity.Most recent in the Kariong region...late last year.
Several people reported it to local papers.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
On the linked website,[url=http://www.waterufo.net], there is a report involving the USS Monrovia APA-31. I don't know if this is the same incident as there is no date mentioned.

I served in the Marine Corps from 1964-1968. In 1966 we were on a Mediterranean Cruise. I was with the Marine Detachment aboard the USS Telfair APA-210. The other troop carriers were the USS Lorain County LST-1177, USS Uvalde AKA-88 and the USS Monrovia APA-31.

One clear, beautiful, starry night; we were lounging around on deck like we usually did (weather permitting). All of a sudden the ship's crew who were on duty started running around the deck and looking over the rails. We thought someone had fallen overboard. This was unlikely because the man overboard alarm hadn't been sounded. Naturally we all headed to the rails to see what the fuss was all about.

We were looking out over the water when we saw a bright light in the water at a good distance away. The light was traveling at a pretty good clip and headed straight for the ship.

As the light was getting closer and closer to the ship, it was becoming bigger and brighter. When it was just about on top of the ship, we could see that it was a white luminescent, oval shaped disk about forty feet in diameter. The disk was just below the surface and was glowing so brightly that we had to shield our eyes as it started to pass underneath the ship. We ran to the other side to get another glimpse. The object never reappeared.

Shortly thereafter, another glowing disk appeared. It was coming from the same direction as the first one and again was just below the surface. This time as it got close, it made an abrupt right hand turn (as we were looking at it), traveled along side of the ship; moved across the bow and disappeared. It was then that eveyone except duty personnel was ordered below deck.

The next day there was no official word as to what the objects were. We were only told to never mention or discuss what had happened the night before.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekonabroom
Karl 12 or anyone in this thread....has anyone here seen a USO or UFO?
I'd like to here about it if you have seen one?

Bek-thanks for the reply,I have never seen anything unidentifiable in the sky but have certainly got a healthy interest in some aspects of the subject-especialy when unknown objects are corellated on radar/sonar.
I also suspect a great many people do not report UFO sightings due to the 'fear of ridicule' factor so the actual number of reports could be far greater than we think.
Its also interesting that many Navy crewmen and submariners,who have been told never to speak about their USO experiences again by their superior officers,could well provide a lot more credible testimony.

I myself had a sighting in 1994....a UFO,or several about 12 UFO's at night.
I was not alone & other people reported it to the police & newspapers.

I can't speak for the police or media but a good place to report sightings, especialy multiple witness reports, is MUFON - they're experienced at collating global UFO sightings and well respected in the field (witnessess can remain anonymous if they wish):
www.mufon.com...

Also Karl 12....the video link you posted of Gosford, this area has had lots of reports of UFO activity.Most recent in the Kariong region...late last year.
Several people reported it to local papers.

Have you seen this film documenting various reports from Australia-its reports some very freaky incidents but its well made and definitely worth a watch:

Encounters in Australia
Part one:
www.youtube.com...
Part two:
www.youtube.com...
Part three:
www.youtube.com...

Cheers

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Some other intuiging reports here:
www.zuko.com...

1998 US coastguard report (right hand article)
www.zuko.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
UFO photographed entering water?

'In summary, our analyses have suggested that an unidentified, opaque, aerial object was captured on film at a maximum distance of 10,000 feet. There are no visible means of lift or propulsion and no surface markings other than dark regions that appear to be nonrandom ... There is no indication that the image is the product of a double exposure or a deliberate fabrication" [Haines, and Vallee, 1989]. A high resolution camera was mounted on the plane pointing downwards and programmed to take photographs of the terrain below every 17 seconds. It shows in extraordinary detail all features of the landscape (water, shoreline, trees, etc.) and you'll notice how it was determined that the object (about 600+ ft. or 200 meters in diameter was coming into the water from right to left at an angle of aprox. 30° in relation to the surface of the water. The area covered is approximately 7 miles across.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
More electronicaly/visualy confirmed USO incidents from U.S. Warships including
the USS John F Kennedy, the USS Midway, the USS Constellation and the USS Lexington - some of the reports involve unknown objects being captured and plotted on sonar screens performing 90 degree angle turns and travelling in 'triangular formations':
www.zuko.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Discussion carried on at this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join