It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait buys 5.4 MILLION NUCLEAR EMERGENCY PILLS. Are they in the know?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

MOORESVILLE, N.C., Jan. 23 (UPI) -- The government of Kuwait has contracted Internet-based radiation emergency products suppler Nukepills.com for a citizen protection initiative.

U.S. company Nukepills.com was awarded the contract from the Kuwaiti Ministry of Health. Under the approximately $1.4 million deal, Nukepills.com will supply 5.4 million of its trademarked ThyroShield potassium iodide doses.

Kuwait awarded the contract for the ThyroShield doses as part of an effort to stockpile nuclear radiation emergency protections. Officials say the ThyroShield is a liquid medicine that has thyroid-blocking capabilities to prevent thyroid cancer during radiation emergencies.

"This sale is the first large-scale order of ThyroShield from a foreign government," Troy Jones, Nukepills.com president, said in a statement.

"We are currently working on additional potassium iodide orders from other countries in the Middle East, Europe and Asia. We hope the new U.S. administration follows Kuwait's lead and reinstitutes the potassium iodide distribution plan to protect its citizens."

Source:

www.upi.com...

Kuwait in the know of something big is brewing?

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Terrapop]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well If I was a neighbor of the Iranians who were playing around with nuclear fuel for the first time I would be worried and take precautions to.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
EXCELLENT!! Our gov't should be taking note from these folks.

Heck, most of the time folks living near nuclear plants can't even get the pills let alone people who live in high target areas.

We order ours online.

We live near nuke plants and the idiots in charge say things like 'we don't want to give out nuke pills because people will panic. We will wait until something happens then eveyrone can come in and get pills'.

:shk:

So we got our own.

GOOD FOR KUWIAT! In that part of the world eveyrone should have them. And considering that they are an oil country - they can afford it.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I hear that! I live within the fallout radius of a nuke plant myself (id rather not say where...a little paranoid here
) and we dont have anything like that.

I guess maybe I should be making a small purchase soon!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Best place to get the potassium iodide tablets is Nukepills.com . Get the Iosat brand.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So why isn't israel or Iran buying?

I highly doubt kuwait is in any immediated danger of being within the zone of contamination if either Iran or Israel are nuked.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Any good ol boy scout will tell you.
"It allways better to be prepared."

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bl0rg
So why isn't israel or Iran buying?

I highly doubt kuwait is in any immediated danger of being within the zone of contamination if either Iran or Israel are nuked.

Because Israel already has them. I can't remember if they are one of the nations that has it stockpiled, or if they are one of the nations that has every household keep some on hand.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
""We are currently working on additional potassium iodide orders from other countries in the Middle East, Europe and Asia. We hope the new U.S. administration follows Kuwait's lead and reinstitutes the potassium iodide distribution plan to protect its citizens."

That part right there is what gives me pause. Well, the whole story does, but that part in particular. Especially the last sentence.

To me, I would bet that if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing, it would be the company that develops the drug. They have a vested interest in making sure their product is being used. I know that sounds too far out there, but I don't trust the American Government, or an American Corporate entity as far as I can throw them. When you couple that with all of this talk about "America's biggest threat is a nuclear attack in a suitcase" (Obama's very words during one of the debates) it gives me pause.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried and I'm not saying that any sort of attack is imminent, just that it gives me reason for pause.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
With Iran a stone's throw away, and Iran's "peaceful" experimentations with nuclear material, and Iran's testing of long range delivery rockets for their "peaceful" experimentations with nuclear material, and Iran's constant voicing that they're going to annihilate all Jewish in the region as soon as they can (ie. as soon as their experimentations with "peaceful" nuclear material is completed); I think Kuwait is simply doing the only thing they can to help their population exist in the presence of Iran's "peaceful" experimentations with nuclear material.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I got 12 pills for 4 family members. me, brother, mom, dad.
I dont have them with me, but growing up we did.

I lived near Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station.

I'd much rather have a suicide pill tho lol

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Maybe I should invest in some. What do the pills do?
I've never heard of them before.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think they coat the thyroid so that it helps fight against the possibility of cancer during the event of a blast. Or what have you. Radiation leak, etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They help prevent your thyroid from uptaking radioactive iodine. Which will cause you to have radiation sickness. It does this by flooding your system with a bioavailable NON radioactive form of iodine.

simple as that.

You can still have radioactive material in your body. They use Prussian Blue to flush it out of your system.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I think they coat the thyroid so that it helps fight against the possibility of cancer during the event of a blast. Or what have you. Radiation leak, etc.

Sure the pill will save you from radiation leaks and cancer but will it save you from the bites of a zombie horde? Nope.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is very true.
Zombe bites can be nasti!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This thread is

I love it! .. No .. really

If this story is leading to the Idea of a nuclear holocaust, Sounds like we are all gonna have a good time. I will be out on my lawn chair with a King cobra and a smoke, while enjoying the fireworks.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A "pill" to save you from nuclear radiation.

I can't believe people trust TPTB that this pill will somehow do them good. I guarantee it is a "trojan horse", like so many other medications.

I guess they have grown confident given that so many of the masses have accepted poisons in their food, water and medicine as a "good thing".

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
these pills can protect people from low levels of iodine based radiation from a nuclear bomb, although not all nuclear bombs emitt iodine radiation. what scares me about Kuwait ordering so many "nukepills" is that these pills loose effectivness after around five years...so if they are buying this many pills they may know something is comming SOON. radio active iodine gas is usually associated with a melt down at a nuclear power plant like what happened in or chernobyl or at japans uranium enrichment plant in 1999. mabey isreal is getting ready to drop bombs on Iran and kuwait knows about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Stockpiling of potassium iodidechemical abbreviation KI) is recommended by health officials worldwide to prevent thyroid cancer of those exposed to radioactive iodine in the event of a nuclear reactor accident or detonation of a nuclear bomb. Potassium Iodide protects against the harmful effects of radioactive iodine by preventing its absorption by the thyroid gland (located in the neck). Thyroid cells are unique among all cells of the human body as they are the only cells which have the ability to absorb iodine. FDA Approved IOSAT and ThyroShield potassium iodide saturates the thyroid with stable iodine, stopping the thyroid's absorption of any additional iodine (radioactive or not) long enough for the radioactive iodine inhaled or ingested to be safely dispersed through the kidneys. IOSAT KI is the only FDA-approved full strength thyroid blocking tablet available to the public. ThyroShield is the only FDA Approved liquid Potassium Iodide available to the public. Any non-FDA approved brands should be avoided.

Nukepills.com sells both the Iosat and ThyroShield brands

top topics

<<   2 >>

join