It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange thing I seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi

This is my first post, hello everyone

About a week ago I seen what looked like a really bright star in the sky. It might have been a star, but I don't think it was. I took some photos of it, but it's only showing up in two of them.

When I zoom right in on my digital camera, it looks like a sort of blue ball with different colours. I've uploaded the pics onto my pc, and when I zoom in on the pics, the first one is more like a ball of purple, green and blue, and the second photo is just lots of colours.

Aanyway, I am stumpted as to what this is, and wondered if anyone had any idea?

I have uploaded the photos to photobucket, I'm hoping that I've linked them here ok. On the photos I have circled the object because it's quite hard to spot at first glance (clear as day on the digi camera though).

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by confuzzled~one

You relate it to a star, does that mean it was really tiny? And stationary?

Otherwise, the picture look like the moon behind haze, not a star. Btw the coloration is because of high iso.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have more of them!

It was not raining, snowing. But, i was near a river, and the air was loaded with tiny particles of water.

These tiny particles, when near my camera, and stroked by the intense light of the flash (because near the flash), have the power to reflect enough light to appear on photo, even when defocused because, again, to near to the camera.

And here is a little experiment with sand granules, falling down in front of the camera at about 20 centimeter away.

In your case, some tiny bit of dust or whatever (maybe there was a little wind).

It happens often, when using flash. Is one cause of "orb legend".

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Not sure what to make of this. To be honest I don't give it much hope of being a ufo orb. Maybe it's a spirit orb, maybe it's rain drops. Difficult to say from a single shot.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There are Orbs and there are dust. These photos above are simple dust particles reflecting the flash of the camera. But my film below shows that without flash during the daylight real Orbs can be seen, and have odd flight paterns which are too fast for the human eye to see.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

Merka, it looked like a star but bigger. When I took the pictures I was in my garden, and it started off to the west of me, but it moved further east. (the second picture shown was taken, and the first one would have been about 10-15 mins later, so I've put them here "back to front" sort of. I don't know why lol, that was just the order I uploaded them to photobucket.)

The moon was out the front of my house, and these pictures were taken from my back garden.

I've got other pictures, some on the digi camera are showing a smaller dot/orb whatever but when I upload them to my computer they are showing nothing.
I can upload them to photobucket if anyone is able to get a better look at them. Personally I don't know how to, I've just been opening my pictures in windows picture and fax viewer, and zooming in lol.

Did anyone get a close look in at the second picture? You can't see much if anything, but when you zoom in you can see the colours.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by confuzzled~one]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hi

I'm bumping this up because I still wonder if anyone can explain this to me, and it seems from the u2u messages I got that people think I have either made this up, or it is just dust.

If I have put this in the wrong forum, can someone let me know so I can get it moved :S I am new to this site, and since my OP I have been looking around the site and wonder if I have posted this in the wrong place or not.

I know the photos aren't very good, I am no camera expert. But, I know the things in the photos aren't dust, or just some sort of illusion from the flash, because I noticed the light in the sky before I took the photos. That's why I took them ..

Fair enough if my photos aren't clear, but I am not trying to "troll" here as someone messaged me to say- I am just wondering if anyone has any idea what it is? I have been racking my brain since I seen it, wondering what it could be

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

It's not dust. You photographed a star or a planet (more likely), but it's a bit out of focus.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
But my film below shows that without flash during the daylight real Orbs can be seen

If they are orbs, why are they always going in one direction, obviously being blown by the wind?

Originally posted by The time lord
and have odd flight paterns which are too fast for the human eye to see.

Strange, they don't seem to be moving that fast to me? Have you slowed down the footage?

new topics

top topics

join