It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Israeli soldiers accused of war crimes in the Gaza Strip will be given state protection from pro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What irks me is the fact that Israel demands support from the world. But they do not seem to think they should be answerable to world for the most haneus of all crimes "war crimes"

Ehud Olmert said troops should know Israel would keep them safe after they acted to protect their country.

Palestinians say 1,300 people died during the offensive, and UN officials want independent probes into whether war crimes were committed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The whole war crimes business is a complete joke. Clearly they were committed but people who think the law is impartially applied delude no one but themselves.
The reality is that even if the law was upheld, our leaders would sooner officially rip it up, than be officially in the dock.
"Stop The War" organisation have wasted-invested over £500,000 on lawyer fees, just to work out whether or not they could prosecute Blair-Bush. This is humanitarian stupidity in the extreme when money should really go on aid, besides few aid workers (actually risking their lives) demand lawyer salaries of 100k plus a year.

What people don't realise is that most mainstream "well meaning" organisations are actually invested with double agents. I've heard from people involved in it. It's called (amongst other things) "a false opposition". Damn effective too (all in the name of contributing towards a stable-dictatorial democracy).
Perhaps let fools be fools; but maybe someone will listen if we make the clearly obvious truth be occasionally known?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The commanders and soldiers that were sent on the task in Gaza should know that they are safe from any tribunal and that the State of Israel will assist them in this issue and protect them ...

There you go. Harboring terrorists.

"War crimes don't apply to us". "We can have nukes, but you can't".

It's time people woke up and saw the big picture. People who want to set rules they refuse to abide by themselves should be banished from the planet.

I usually try to remain neutral and unbiased on the Gaza issue, but this has done it for me.

F* Israel if this is their attitude!!!

[edit on 30/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

join