It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican attacks US abortion move

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So the Church is condemning Obama. What irony that is! They seem to have no problem with their God who is the biggest thug and baby killer in the universe according to their Bible. They had no problem rubbing elbows with the Nazi party. They had no problem spreading lies about condom use in third world countries that would result in unwanted pregnancies, the transmission of HIV, and the subsequent creation of HIV positive spouses, infants, and resulting orphans.

If they are so concerned about life, why don't they require every Catholic family to adopt at least one child who was given up for adoption? By adopt I mean be issued the first baby that is available, no pick and choose, because remember, "It's a child, not a choice." That would stop the anti-abortion sentiment cold in it's tracks.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Screw the Vatican. Seriously.

Where is the right to life when they molest it shortly after being born and the policy, to this day, is "Say nothing".

When the Vatican won't even hand out condoms in Africa because they see it as immoral(as aids destroys Africa), they provide no sexual education. They base NOTHING on fact only faith. And because of this they cause the deaths of millions of people, I say screw what they think.

Vatican African policy is as follows:

V. Here's a Bible

A. Thanks

V. We'll take that land now, it's god will

A. We're not educated enough to know that isn't true so OK. By the way, we have an AIDS problem.

V. Just don't have sex

A. Oh Come on really...What about Condoms...We hear they protect against the spread of STD.

V. That's just Satan's propaganda. And it is immoral.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
To the OP,

The tittle of your thread should read "vatican attacks OBAMA on abortion"

I just don't understand the argument here.

How is this a suprise? The Catholic church is ANTI-ABORTION - ANTI KILLING BABIES

OBAMA IS PRO - ABORTION... PRO KILLING BABIES...DUH !!!

How could this have gone any other way?

If you are a Catholic or a Christian you should be Anti-Abortion.
Now, you can call yourself "progressive" or whatever you want if you are a christian/catholic and are pro-abortion, but you know the church is anti - abortion.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

Oh yes a man with two little girls whom he is visibly devoted to is "pro baby killing". Possibly the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
To the OP,

The tittle of your thread should read "vatican attacks OBAMA on abortion"

I just don't understand the argument here.

How is this a suprise? The Catholic church is ANTI-ABORTION - ANTI KILLING BABIES

OBAMA IS PRO - ABORTION... PRO KILLING BABIES...DUH !!!

How could this have gone any other way?

If you are a Catholic or a Christian you should be Anti-Abortion.
Now, you can call yourself "progressive" or whatever you want if you are a christian/catholic and are pro-abortion, but you know the church is anti - abortion.

Funny how when you adopt a religion your suppose to adopt they're views on ABSOLUTELY everything. Ridiculous, this is why religion doesn't work especially Christianity, there is NO room for individual thought or decisions. Everything has already been decided thousands of years ago, and even though the world changes, people HAVE to remain the same.

I am not a Christian, but if i was, i would still be pro-choice, because i understand that even if I DO NOT agree with the views, that my religious belief should not encroche upon the rights of others.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Perhaps the Vatican and these Christian morons who are openly opposing abortion should allow other people to make decisions for themselves.

I am Christian yet progressive and in fact I haven't met any Atheist who openly criticized me for believing in God, so perhaps people who feel a need to criticize others who are pro-abortion, should mind their own business.

I might clarify the following to avoid a debate a freedom of speech.

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, however, I think it goes too far when people try to force others to share their opinion through legislation. Especially when there is such a big pro and contra group, nor does it affect those who are against it.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Mdv2]

if people were not idiots and wore condoms or used birth control, there wouldnt need to be abortion at all. i am pro life because i feel that just because you have to be an idiot and get pregnant or your girlfriend pregnant when you do not plan on it, that is you abusing life and not caring about others. *i am not christian*

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso

The Catholic church thinks abortion should be illegal.

Many other Christian churches think it should be a woman's right and a woman's decision. For example, a few years ago there was a protest for abortion rights in Washington, and my grandparents' church (a United Methodist congregation) sent a busload of people to support abortion rights.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The pope and the vatican are doing their job.
Their job is to make known what they consider the truth to be.
That truth being that abortion is evil.

Freedom of speech.
Freedom of religion.

Yeah, but who is their employer?

Who recognizes it?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I find it funny that the Vatican, while working for the Jesuits and Rothschilds, can talk about ANYONE being arrogant and committing crimes. Who was that one girl in the 70's who disappeared in Italy and it got international intelligence agents looking at it?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Perhaps the Vatican and these Christian morons who are openly opposing abortion should allow other people to make decisions for themselves.

Since when did it become right to take the life of innocence? This has nothing to do with christianty, but more to do with morality. If we treat our own, innocent unborn in this manner, what does that say about humanity?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

And yet, the Church was okay with being anti-Semitic, working with the Nazis, endorsed slavery, turned away when reports of child molestation were made, etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darky6K

And yet, the Church was okay with being anti-Semitic, working with the Nazis, endorsed slavery, turned away when reports of child molestation were made, etc.

I have become increasingly athiest in many of my views, yet I still believe abortion is very wrong. It should never be okay to prevent Human life from existing.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This is what i mean, this whole abortion issue, it's a matter of self perspective. We can't keep arguing about something that for the most part, people's minds are made up.

Now it doesn't suprise me that the Vatican would frown upon abortion i mean come on now, Virigin birth and all.

But for us to criticize and demonize the people who choose to have abortions, were not helping solve anything. Simply furthering the lines that divide us for stupid reasons such as this.

If your NOT Planning on having an abortion, then those that are, AREN"T any of your concern. And Vice Verca. Whether your opinion be religious or simply moral. NOBODY has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body, whether it's wrong or not.

I don't agree with my husband bitting his nails, but i'm not hitting him over the head for doing it am I? Now that argument is far simpler than that of abortion ofcourse, it's simply put to make a point.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Aren't we broke? Why would the government fund baby killing? Oh I forgot under their religion it's good to kill babies. Babies are bad for the environment and even worse the Bible says be fruitful and multiply. Thus that God inspired procreation plan must be crushed.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This has more to do with the preservation of Human life (I should add "innocent human life"). Would it be alright for me to walk up and shoot an innocent human being for no other reason than the fact that I felt like it? According to your logic, the answer would seem to be a "yes."

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

NO i made absolutely no testament to the fact that i AGREED with abortion, i never said i did. I SAID it was a matter of CHOICE. And what do you mean furthering of the Human Species....like there's a need for more than 7 Billion people on the planet?

What do you think the Earth can just support any number of us? Were a species just like any other, and eventually were gonna have to stop having babies or there won't be enough to support all of us. Sorry to burst your bubble, but an ecosystem can only support so much of one species before i requires increase in OTHER species for balance.

The way we've been heading (endangered species, Clear Cutting rain forests) were not helpin the ecosystem, were making it smaller.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So, I was right in my intial assessment of your response. One of the key words I used that you overlooked was innocent human life, and preserving that right.

As for the population increasing, there are ways to fix this problem that wont be a problem in 2100. The colonization of Outer Space...But that is a whole other thread.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by West Coast]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Your are right about the space thing, that will fix the problem of over population. And to tell you the truth, if I was a woman i would most likely not get an abortion for PERSONNAL reasons.

it still however would not give me the right to tell anybody else that it's wrong, i'm not the one who makes those decisions and neither should anybody whose not in that situation.

I've had friends who have had abortions and i'll you, those children never would have had a chance, and from the drugs and the alchohol they're mother's were inducing they would not of had ANY quality of life beyond the hospital and a respirator.

It's not a black and white issue as some people would like to portray it as.. I will say one thing, i DO NOT agree with abortion when it comes to healthy pregnancies, if you got pregnant and there's no risk to the child, then it's your responsibility to take care of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I've had friends who have had abortions and i'll you, those children never would have had a chance, and from the drugs and the alchohol they're mother's were inducing they would not of had ANY quality of life beyond the hospital and a respirator.

This is the sad and unfortuante state of the world we find ourselves living in today. I agree with your assessment in regards to the qaulity of life a child under such dire circumstances would face. A parent who uses drugs, and is knowingly pregnant, is basically aborting their unborn, and it is a crime. As for responsibility, their are other avenues for the irresponsebile to pursue, the most obveious being adoption.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

West Coast, are you willing to adopt a crack baby? Seriously.

So many of the religious zealots, anti freedom of choice crowd, talk about the adoption option, yet so few are willing to adopt ANY baby. The number of orphans in the world is horrendous. Before anyone talks about the adoption option, they must insure it is a real option, as it clearly has not worked. A meaningless option is no option at all. It is just a smoke screen for religious oppression.

As I said earlier, I am not pro abortion, no one is, but I am for allowing the individual involved to make her own decision without outside meddling in her rights. That makes me pro choice, not pro abortion and there is a difference, even if the religious right wishes to try and cloud the issue.

*In the interest in disclosure, I have worked with orphans in the US, as well as abandoned children living in the streets overseas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join