It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican attacks US abortion move

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleksander
Ah Jeez!! I am not sure why you people that defend the right to choose bother. It is my opinion that most that are against it have absolutely nothing better to do with their time then to stick their noses where they do not belong. I don't know what it is about trampling other people’s choices or rights but its getting extremely ridiculous. I would like to know when their going to grow up and develop a brain and worry about what their doing instead of the guy or gal next door... what it is not enough attention from mommy or daddy? Did you get picked on in school by the bully and no one helped you or cared?...

...WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK. It's neither your body nor your life so why do you feel you have to stick your nose in other peoples business. The mother gets to choose what comes out of her body when she wants it. If she wants to abort it's her choice and is on her conscience.

I think this is a great post Aleksander
You summed it up perfectly.

take care all
res

[edit on 16-2-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight

Originally posted by kerrichin
my message was not off topic i was replying to a post above where he was bashing women for not using protection and i was saying that men are also responsible.
i used correct lingo for the male part instead of slang.

i wasnt bashing women, i was bashing the one who got pregnant and wants to erase her mistake. the guy isnt as responsible as her because its not his body that shape itself as a baby-carrier.

what rock are you living under pal? Both partners should ensure that some form of contraception is used, it is not the sole responsibility of the woman.

And the way I see it yes...you are bashing womenkind with your ridiculous neanderthal attitude.

res

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia

Originally posted by kerrichin
my message was not off topic i was replying to a post above where he was bashing women for not using protection and i was saying that men are also responsible.
i used correct lingo for the male part instead of slang.

i wasnt bashing women, i was bashing the one who got pregnant and wants to erase her mistake. the guy isnt as responsible as her because its not his body that shape itself as a baby-carrier.

what rock are you living under pal? Both partners should ensure that some form of contraception is used, it is not the sole responsibility of the woman.

And the way I see it yes...you are bashing womenkind with your ridiculous neanderthal attitude.

res

well it depends on the kind of relationship or lack of. the guy is mostly not responsible because for all he knows it might not even be his baby.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

well it depends on the kind of relationship or lack of. the guy is mostly not responsible because for all he knows it might not even be his baby.

DNA testing pretty much eliminates fathers escaping their responsibility. The mother is required to assist the state in running down any recalcitrant father. As for young men - say under 20 and no job - I’d prefer to put a lien on them payable later in life as they get into better paying jobs.

Putting such a financial burden on a young man - often a high school dropout - that he cannot meet is not a good idea. But to defer his pay-back seems to be making the best out of a bad situation. I mean, currently the FICA tax on the worker is 7.65%. Add say 7% to that in his case, and apply that extra money to his parenting account.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

female philosophy: it takes two wrongs to make a right...

Man philosophy: "Me - Me - Me - its all about Me and my needs - and its never my fault."
(women know what I'm talking about)

Women's Rights! Yes - Woman's Right.

It may seem one sided on my part. HOWEVER - until men as a whole (gender grouping) fully recognize and legally pursue responsibility for ALL the unfathomable numbers of fatherless children - I have no sympathy.

****there are of course the exceptions - but numbers do not lie.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Annee]

Annee I agree....but you forgot "It's all about me and my dick"

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

female philosophy: it takes two wrongs to make a right...

Man philosophy: "Me - Me - Me - its all about Me and my needs - and its never my fault."
(women know what I'm talking about)

Women's Rights! Yes - Woman's Right.

It may seem one sided on my part. HOWEVER - until men as a whole (gender grouping) fully recognize and legally pursue responsibility for ALL the unfathomable numbers of fatherless children - I have no sympathy.

****there are of course the exceptions - but numbers do not lie.

Annee I agree....but you forgot "It's all about me and my dick"

i dont know what you're talking about, women are the ones who are known to be high-maintenance. what kind of guys are you hanging out with, they dont sound like guys.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The post above was a reply to annee...not you. You really have not contributed anything intelligent to this thread, you merely make neanderthal and derogatory statements about women and you are not that important, nor really worthy of any reply. But as a matter of courtesy I will appease you...

I am very happily married for 25 years to the same man, I have three grown sons and I definately do not do not "hang out" with any guys. You should never assume to know about people.

some people make me sick

res

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

DNA testing pretty much eliminates fathers escaping their responsibility. The mother is required to assist the state in running down any recalcitrant father. As for young men - say under 20 and no job - I’d prefer to put a lien on them payable later in life as they get into better paying jobs.

Putting such a financial burden on a young man - often a high school dropout - that he cannot meet is not a good idea. But to defer his pay-back seems to be making the best out of a bad situation. I mean, currently the FICA tax on the worker is 7.65%. Add say 7% to that in his case, and apply that extra money to his parenting account.

Yes! This is where I'm coming from. But - assist the state?

Woman is still responsible for PROVING paternity. Not only is it voluntary on the man's part to submit to DNA - woman is solely responsible for the expense of the testing and any legal costs. That is bogus and sexist.

I really don't care who's idea it was to "poke without a raincoat" - - I care that both those involved are by Federal law legally responsible for the financial and custodial care of the result (the child) - - IF the woman chose to keep it.

Excuse me if I don't feel remorse for "sticking it" to some young male - - while I try to feed - clothe - diaper - pay rent - pay baby sitters - - - all the while I - THE WOMAN - is responsible for proving he had his 5 minutes of jollies.

So - absolutely - woman is 100% in her right not to go forward and face this situation of legal unjust sexist inequality.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You really have not contributed anything intelligent to this thread, you merely make neanderthal and derogatory statements about women and you are not that important, nor really worthy of any reply. But as a matter of courtesy I will appease you...

I am very happily married for 25 years to the same man, I have three grown sons and I definately do not do not "hang out" with any guys. You should never assume to know about people.

some people make me sick

res

DITTO - I have been married to my current husband for 18 years. Was married to my first "high school sweetheart" - for 14 years.
I'm the marrying kind.

Am a gramma of 3.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes! But - assist the state? Woman is still responsible for PROVING paternity. Not only is it voluntary on the man's part to submit to DNA - woman is solely responsible for the expense of the testing and any legal costs.

I’m thinking the issue of paternity comes up 99% of the time in cases of the single mother parent who applies for various forms of public subsistence assistance. In those cases, the mother is REQUIRED to name the father and to agree to appear in court to testify against him as a CONDITION of receiving state aid. The state pays all costs. That is what I had reference to. Very few single woman have sufficient financial resource to support themselves and the child.

I have seen a couple of divorce cases where a man learned he was not the father of one or more children and who then sued the real father and got judgments against him. To maintain a private paternity suit would cost between $10,000 and $25,000, depending.

[edit on 2/16/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

I’m thinking the issue of paternity comes up 99% of the time in cases of the single mother parent who applies for various forms of public subsistence assistance. In those cases, the mother is REQUIRED to name the father and to agree to appear in court to testify against him as a CONDITION of receiving state aid. The state pays all costs. That is what I had reference to. Very few single woman have sufficient financial resource to support themselves and the child.

You know I always respect your posts Don.

My daughter was working at age 13 doing telemarketing for an insurance company - she has always worked - always supported herself. She never went on public aid - as family helped with the baby. She met her boyfriend when they were 16 at a bible camp (her choice to be involved in church). They were together six years - until she began to out grow him. She always had menstrual problems and was told at an early age it would be impossible to conceive - so she did not use birth control. Miracles happen in those last ditch effort get togethers.

He refused to sign the birth certificate. He chose drugs over his son - and has rarely held a job. She tried to get him to voluntarily send what he could. There was a point when things were really tough for her - so she tried to go through the courts to get child support. They flat out told her - - it is your responsibility to get DNA proof - period! Don't come back until you have legal proof and all your paperwork filled out.

That's in California. Probably if she had been a minor or on assistance to begin with they would have helped her.

Those are the facts. She still has not received a dime. But - his mother is a wonderful person - - and my daughter made sure he spend summers with his dad's family - AND got to know his dad. Do not punish the child.

DNA testing for Paternity needs to be mandatory - as does child support from the non-custodial parent - no matter what their gender.

Those men who are all angry they got screwed by the woman - - need to start supporting mandatory DNA testing. When they begin to understand it is Everyone's problem - - then maybe I'll have some compassion.

***** the child should never be allowed to be used as a pawn.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Since women are the ones who get pregnant I would think that alone would create the need for them to take the steps to not to. In today’s age where you can prevent pregnancy for 5 years it is a shame that the number of abortions per year have not really changed much since the 1970s.

The same irresponsibility that women use to have the majority of abortion out of conveyance also creates the situation where they have unprotected sex. It is easy to say that the responsibly is equally the man’s too, but then the man is not the one that will get pregnant, so I would think women would take protection a little more personal.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Since women are the ones who get pregnant I would think that alone would create the need for them to take the steps to not to. In today’s age where you can prevent pregnancy for 5 years it is a shame that the number of abortions per year have not really changed much since the 1970s.

The same irresponsibility that women use to have the majority of abortion out of conveyance also creates the situation where they have unprotected sex. It is easy to say that the responsibly is equally the man’s too, but then the man is not the one that will get pregnant, so I would think women would take protection a little more personal.

No you see how it is with them Xtrozero, it's all about them and they all work in the selfish self centered interest of "I, ME, MY" incorporated. Basically what this amounts to and from the attitude they have voiced, is about some sociopathic man hating feminazi's who are too ignorant to think about anyone else but their favorite loved one (themselves), and if it costs someone a boatload of grief or a little innocent baby its life, just so some finger filing, bubblegum chewing bimbosappienne can get her freak on, before her debut on springer, then that is just what we men are going to have to put up with.

In a way their is a bright side to this tragedy.

At least we save the gene pool of any more like them being in this world with that pre-disposition for having "sociosexiopathic" proclivities.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I think these "females" here have given the courts a pretty good reason for changing the laws in this regard. If they want the law to be just about them and what THEY want, then I think it is only fair a man who doesn't want a child has some say in that also.

I know their is legislation in Mass. regarding this issue.

I now have NO sympathy for single mothers raising children on their own if this sample of woman reflect what they are all about.

Good Grief, to think I found them so beautiful at one time.

They are so vogue on the outside

so vague on the inside

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You know I always respect your posts Don.

You're too easily impressed

Those are the facts. She still has not received a dime.

She shouldn't get a dime either if this is how woman are going to extort it out of men while they have all the choice then they should have all the responsibility.

DNA testing for Paternity needs to be mandatory - as does child support from the non-custodial parent - no matter what their gender.
Those men who are all angry they got screwed by the woman - - need to start supporting mandatory DNA testing. When they begin to understand it is Everyone's problem - - then maybe I'll have some compassion.

When you start having some compassion then maybe men will listen to you and your man hating rhetoric.

***** the child should never be allowed to be used as a pawn.

Yes I see how you only care about the child when it suits YOU.

Otherwise they are nothing but a fetus

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Some mindsets easily prove how far we still have to go - in gender equality.

Even more reason for Right of Choice.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Some mindsets easily prove how far we still have to go - in gender equality.

Even more reason for Right of Choice.

You aren't asking for equal rights though annee, you are demanding SUPERIOR rights while you seem to enjoy emasculating men.

You got a chip on your shoulder, and your bad attitude is so contagious I can only handle this thread with occasional bouts of the toxic talking points you have made towards men and your total willful want and disregard for human life and for what?

Because it cramps your style

wow ,, I feel for ya

pffft

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

You can't leave religion out of a discussion about the Vatican. At any case, I was getting back on subject.

Besides, how can we use logic to discuss the issue when you're supporting female oppression? Women have every right to control what happens to the things growing in/on her.

This wouldn't even be a question if men were the ones to give birth, there would be no argument over it.

How about we make a law saying that men can't masturbate anymore because when they do the sperm that dies is killing millions of potential people?

Same difference.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
if I ate from McDonalds and got really fat, then I'm the one whos responsible not McDonalds.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
How about we make a law saying that men can't masturbate anymore because when they do the sperm that dies is killing millions of potential people?

Same difference.

sperms arent potential people, they are merely procurers and a necessary catalyst. but i like how you compared a fetus to sperm. denial much?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join