Originally posted by FlyersFan
And Planned Parenthood is making a fortune off these people.
They make money from those going in for abortion.
They make money selling the body parts of the dead children to drug companies for experiments.
It's a money making conspiracy wrapped in the sugar coating of the words 'choice'.
I really freaking hate disinformation, especially when it gets tossed into every thread on a topic.
Planned Parenthood does not make money from abortion.
3% of the medical services provided by Planned Parenthood are abortions. The other 97%
– they are various services provided
largely to women who do not have the insurance coverage required to afford routine medical care elsewhere – screening for cervical cancer, STDs,
breast cancer; treatment for STDs and other gynecologic issues; birth control advice and provision.
The medical services of Planned Parenthood cost the organization $588.3 million in 2006.
The income from the medical services (that includes abortion and all the other 97% of the services) was $356.9 million.
There was also $56 million in "Other Operating Revenue" – which if
your accusation of selling fetal tissue were true would include that.
So, at best Planned Parenthood loses
$175 million annually through its medical programs.
Talk about raking it in hand over foot
I've provided links to screenshots of the Planned Parenthood financials reports, which are available in PDF form at their website.
Aside from the absurd (and offensive, since I've provided that information in one of your threads as well) disinformation, I've been starring your
I don't agree that abortion is murder, and I am thrilled that Obama is taking action to reverse the unconstitutional policies of the previous
But I fully support the Vatican's right to have its say, and the right of Catholic Americans to listen. The separation of Church and State does not
mean that churches don't have a right to an opinion about legal matters – it means that the state has no right to an opinion about religious
matters. The onus is on the state to make sure that its laws remain secular, not on the churches to keep their mouths shut on issues of morality and