It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC crisis over refusal to broadcast Gaza appeal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

And now Sky News will not air the appeal. Many people in the world come to the BBC and Sky News to get unbais news, if a major news broadcaster airs this or any appeal (read my posts), then how can they continue to provide unbais news coverage.

So out of the several braodcasters in the UK, 2 have said they will not air the broadcast, so what. The appeal is still being aired and could the DEC have asked for better publicity??

Again, why should a publicaly funded broadcaster waste my money and air time on this appeal. The BBC would not give air time to an appeal on behalf of the BNP. Where do you draw the line?

Again, I do not believe that the BBC as a publically funded braodcaster should be airing any appeals at any time, nor for that matter, spend time and money on the various charity events.

And of course, I am delighted that all these MPs and Lords at Westminster have nothing better to do with their time that complaint about a decision made by the BBC, which they have granted the ability to make independant decisions.

There is no crisis at the BBC over this. The only crisis is in the minds of a few who have nothing better to talk about.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

The BBC has a long history of broadcasting appeals for aid in numerous war conflicts. Kosovo, Rwanan, Congo, Darfur. The list goes on. The DEC Gaza appeal is only a few minutes long and would not take up a great deal of air time.

The claim by the BBC that broadcasting an appeal for aid would ruin their impartial stance is rubbish. Humanitarian aid has nothing to do with who caused the problem. It is about the relief of human suffering. The BBC would air a relief campaign for a Tsunami, why not for Gaza? That is the very definition of Bias. The call for humanitarian aid in such a situation is in and of itself News. When one cause is deemed OK, and another is deemed not Ok, then any claim of being impartial flies out the window.

The BBC is a Public Service Channel funded by the people, and founded on the principle of Serving the people. Denying the call for humanitarian aid serves no one but Israel in this situation. That is Bias. That is not Public Service, but rather a political decision. As a public service, the BBC needs to pay attention to the needs and desires of the public who clearly are against the irresponsible decision made by the BBC.

<< 1   >>

join