It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in Catlett, Virginia?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
FFS - read the OP he outright claims that the alleged " blurry " ariel imagery is evidence that the nebulous ` they ` are hiding ` something `

it's not really exactly as you stated though, is it? it's what you assumed the OP meant, not what he actually said.

i don't know why i'm even defending partchimp, i dunno if he's on the level or not but this infighting is driving me insane, healthy skepticism is great, i like to think i'm quite skeptical, but this attack culture is just so sickening.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hi folks,

I'm not stating that I believe the OPs story, in fact I am extremely dubious of anything that includes "missing time", UFOs and the government, however, interesting enough it seems there has long been a connection between the CIA and Warrenton VA. For what it's worth; I found a few obscure references to Warrenton Va and a former member of the Nazi Gestapo by the name of Herman Mueller who settled there after the war. While it's not much, it may provide the OP or others a lead.

You can find the references in a Scribd online book here: The CIA Covenant - Nazis in Washington - By Gregory Douglas

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Go back to the house and get a picture of it. Also knock again. Hopefully no one will answer. If so, get a scrapping of the window covering and from the side of the house.

Might be good to have it analyzed.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I lived for roughly 15 years only a few miles from VHFS. The base was decommissioned during the Clinton years and most of the buildings went up for lease. The houses on base were actually used for some time as housing for folks in trouble with creditors. Not sure of the exact arrangement, but various people came and went. There's a great set of soccer fields and a nice gymnasium where we used to go all the time to play ball.

I think most of it is developed as a gated community these days although I've since moved out of NoVA so I don't know its current state.

I actually leased one of the empty buildings for my commercial business for a couple of years. Our building was right next to the nuclear hardened, multi-story facility on site.

The strangest experience I personally had happened on the weekend just before 9-11. I had gone in on a Saturday and much to my surprise my building parking lot was filled with out of state license plates on older model 70's era cars. These were not show cars. Most of these plates were from the Northeast so it caught my attention, both because of this being a weekend and the out of state tags. It was weird enough and the country was in such a panic after 9-11, that I actually went to the trouble of reporting this to local authorities and to the local FBI office. As far as I know, there was no response other than the local sheriff driving by after my report. At any rate, I was never contacted.

One amusing additional experience was after that big, nuclear-hardened building sold. I was interested in getting better digs for the office so I arranged to speak with the developer who bought it. He was a middle eastern fellow (from McLean, VA I think) and had also bought the day care facility on base. The only creepy thing was that we were followed very closely by an associate of his, a fairly rough looking character who never removed his hands from his pockets. The entire visit, I felt like I had a gun to the back of my head. Not that I would blame him, this was post-911 and the hostility was running pretty high.

Amusing to see VHFS show up here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So i guess there pics of the bases are on the same thread as John Titors departure video.

Really though no more BS, where are the pics?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
GOOD LORD, what a Small world...

I grew up in Warrenton VA. I lived there in old Town until I was about 25 and bought a house in Martinsburg WV. Ironically, my best friend lived in Catlett for several years. I spent many a nights at his house by the train tracks.

So what's going on in Catlett?

Well...nothing. It's a quiet small town with traintracks going through it. It has a pretty decent SPCA and a couple gas stations. There are a lot of rolling fields in the area where during the summer I get the urge to sky watch out there. Why? I dont know, there is something about the place that urges me to do this. I would think it's because there is so little to do out there. With the hustle and bustle of Warrenton turning into Mini-Leesburg I always found it to be a treat to go to quiet and slow Catlett.

Vint hill on the other hand...Creepy #. My wife grew up less than 5 miles from the place and we've driven there several times. Vint Hill is one of those spots on the planet where there is perfect radio reception. Thus the reason that it was such an important listening post. The place almost looks abandond if not for the few people that live and work there.

The name-less "Training facility?"

The wife and I took a wrong turn one day and wound up there. There is a gate, and an armed guard. He quickly ran up to my car and asked wtf I was doing. I told him "wrong turn chief," and quickly made a 5 point turn and got the hell out of there. As we were driving up the road we noticed that some of the taller trees had cameras on them. For miles we noticed this. I mean this place was a training facility of some kind, that was obvious. For what I have no idea.

My Dad who lived in Warrenton for 30 odd years said "Oh yeah, that's one of the CIA training facilites, your lucky they didn't shoot your ass." Thanks pops.

Other than the overpriced cost of living in Warrenton (thank god for WV) and the Catlett area there is little conspiracy out there that you cant figure out with common sense. I spent years thinking that there was something going on in that area. Turns out I was just happy to get away.

A C130 plane just flew over my house. You want to talk strange? I live next to an air national guard. No need to skywatch when I can look out of my window.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Is it me or has the OP completely disappeared and taken his photographic evidence with him.

Pity, this initially looked to be very interesting, now it just seems fake.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
wow! nice thread Pchimp! and i drive through Catlett, and know vint hill very well.
i also am familiar with weather mountain..
and have seen the "flyovers" over fairfax, and vienna.
fun place this!
i also know of the mountain systems through mayland, on into PA.
we're as hollowed out as NM, or Oakridge.
and STRANGE stuff LIVES here!
this is where it's ALL tested, shown off, tweeked, and sold.
and this is where, every faction of whatever gray ops, black ops, unknown ops, government and PRIVATE is stored, and hidden and ready at a moments notice..
( not counting Maryland and PA..)
so, if you see something odd, and experience something odd, and hear about odd things..
it's a duck..
and no, you won't be able, ( nor is it prudent) to PROVE anything..
oh yeah, you MIGHT be able to take photos, maybe, and ask, and probably even post or talk..
but, there are LOTS of people that were "here just yesterday", and 'i haven't seen them since".
so, thanks for the heads up..
i am ALWAYS looking.
and yes, Catlett IS strange! so is vint Hill.
and MORE than a few other spots..
don't lose too much, sleep or time, and don't get lost..
hey, enjoy..
you DID your part..
we know where to look.
let the nay-sayers look for themselves..
btw..
AS for the Serpio mystery..
i HEARD from a clandestine source, about THAT "thing", back in '71..
so it wasn't from an 80's twilight zone story..

ALOT of what is supposedly "fake", is real..
but it's easier to put it out there, and then declare it's bogus..
dummies swallow that faster..
secrets may not be easy to keep, but they are easy to debunk, and make fun of.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

For the uninitiated, here's a video of VHFS in '90, near the decom point. Our building is shown very briefly at the 8:57 mark. They had a great theater on post that continued doing shows after the decom. Yes, I guess it does look a little creepy now that I see this vid.

video.google.com...

Here's the current web-site, run by the outfit that controls it now I guess.

www.vinthillfarms.org...

I'd heard the stories about 'perfect' radio reception but never tested it out.

There were many other stories about VHFS told especially by the local kids out there. I'm sure it must have been on the Soviet target list at some point because of the nuke structure there. If I remember right, there was a shelter door under the O-Club also.

Would have loved a real tour of the place.

Oh - and not to freak anyone out - but I heard that the gated community is "kid-less", i.e. no kids allowed.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Ichabod]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Is it me or has the OP completely disappeared and taken his photographic evidence with him.

Pity, this initially looked to be very interesting, now it just seems fake.

Please !!!

It's Monday. HE Said he is a School Teacher. He Said he would procure a camera and repost in about a week.

I really wish folks would read and comprehend ALL! ALL! ALL! that is posted.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What you are on about is nothing "area 51", "top secret" nor any of that "paranormal" raving. It is simply government standards being practiced

Tunnels under Petrovaradin, try taking a look at that. People have gone in, avoiding security, and apparently, never found their way out. Apparently, the tunnels run for kilometers/miles and military personnel have been seen standing around in the middle of the night, armed.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well.. don't know if anyone has posted this before...however the Defense Intelligence agency is moving a huge portion of its operations to the general area. So nothing to worry about...just gonna be an installation full of intelligence analyst geeks..

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
And on this day, I will say writing project.
Nice to be used for more than a sex object.
Typical Troll thread. Lotta drama, not enough detail to figure anything out, promise to return.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
[img]http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=38.724157~-77.791443&style=h&lvl=14&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1[/ img]

Can you point out WHERE this "black" house is on "Burwell Road", this would be a good start until you post your pictures.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ichabod
reply to post by drink2forget

For the uninitiated, here's a video of VHFS in '90, near the decom point. Our building is shown very briefly at the 8:57 mark. They had a great theater on post that continued doing shows after the decom. Yes, I guess it does look a little creepy now that I see this vid.

video.google.com...

Here's the current web-site, run by the outfit that controls it now I guess.

www.vinthillfarms.org...

I'd heard the stories about 'perfect' radio reception but never tested it out.

There were many other stories about VHFS told especially by the local kids out there. I'm sure it must have been on the Soviet target list at some point because of the nuke structure there. If I remember right, there was a shelter door under the O-Club also.

Would have loved a real tour of the place.

Oh - and not to freak anyone out - but I heard that the gated community is "kid-less", i.e. no kids allowed.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Ichabod]

Okay, I have been watching your first vid, that you linked.

Now, everyone, tell me what you first see, as you are looking around.... in fact someone else mentioned, how they had an office and it was full of 70's cars in the lot one time, when he went back.

Well, take a look at the video, all the cars you see, are nothing but old cars, trans ams, 60's vw, old trucks.....

that in itself is very interesting and different. What is up with that? Why do people only have old cars there? Can anyone spot a later model vehicle?

Oh, wait, was this filmed in 1990?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Keep ur personal life out of this please. I dont care about you being used as a sex object, for you to tell that to a thousand strangers is disturbing.

Everyone just wait for the pictures, this man has a life and it doesn't involve playing detective for YOU.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Folks...

There's this message on the top of the page in big green letters about Civility & Decorum.

I hate sounding like a broken record.

Please...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PartChimp
Sorry for the immediate follow up, but i was running out of room. I promise to the people who are taking the time to read this that i am going to follow this up somehow. I'm going to procure a digital camera this coming week, instead of attempting to photo-document these things with grainy cell-phone pictures. There is something going on in Catlett, Virginia, and with so little information available to the public about the strange happenings there, I think it's about time someone tried to figure out what.

Wow. What an interesting story! I wish I lived there by you. I'd be by your side on this one. I also lived by an old base and did some rather illegal looking around, if you know what I mean... but nothing out of the ordinary was found.
When driving out there may I suggest you hide under your seats a voice recorder and if you lose time you can play it back and see if you catch anything on it.
Can't wait to hear more of this. Can you get some pics of that house? I'd love to see what you saw.
Keep up the good work, be careful, and record EVERYTHING!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Don't mind the trolls man. You don't even need to give people a reason and they'll do what they can to tear you apart. It's a dog eat dog world on this forum. You just have to ignore the critics complaining about what you did and didn't do right and just do your best to please those who actually show interest in what you have to say. They are the ones who really matter. personally if I post a thread, I just skip reading the posts by the people who feel its their task to attack me. It's more productive to not let yourself get discouraged by other posters negativity.

With that being said, I say you should visit some gas stations or garages near the area in question and ask if they have any knowledge of the surrounding area. Ask if they often see military vehicles pass by/planes flying over and so on. Make sure to ask if they have had any motorists come in with similar claims to what your brother had but save that question for last.

here's some tips in case you decide to go back and look for answers:

Investigation Tips

When you go out to investigate... first off, do not go alone, bring at least 1 or 2 other people with you. In case something does happen, you have them to back up your claim.

Second, tell someone thats not going with you exactly where you will be and for how long. Keep them updated in case you decide to stay longer or anything. This is so if something happens to you, someone will know exactly where you were when you went missing in the event of launching a search party. in case your body shows up on the other side of the state in a dumpster... they know why.

Third, have an alibi. If someone confronts you for being on government property or so on, tell them that you were looking to photograph some type of animal, or you were looking for a lost dog. This way they may just brush it off as a misunderstanding instead of you attempting to expose them. In the event of being approached... hide your camera and anything else exposing your true intent immediately.

Also I would say that when you go to take pictures, photograph road signs and other landmarks to identify the area in which you're documenting.

finally, when getting stories ask people if you may document their names as well as their claims. This will help you with your investigation credibility in case you do turn out to find something worth while.

I wish you luck in your investigation, and I will be following up with your thread. hopefully you find some solid evidence that there is indeed something at work and us ATS'ers can do our best to help inform others about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
In reference to the old cars-
I always thought that the old cars were better than new ones because they did not have computers...if the new car has a computer and there's something like an EMP- electro magnetic pulse (or whathaveyou) it would be shut down as it would get fried.
Just a thought.
Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join