It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in Catlett, Virginia?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

Originally posted by Resinveins
Yet another "here read this and I'll get back to you later with pics" thread.

How hard is it to get the pics first... then post your story?

What a waste of time.

I was just asking this same question in the "I'm under Investigation..." thread here:Another phony thread.

Wouldn't most people who are making such claims want to have at least some kind of proof to add validity to their thread BEFORE POSTING?

These threads just drag on, and on until everyone just forgets about them. I sometimes check in on those threads that were promising proof, way after they were forgotten to see if the OP had popped in at that point and provided the proof they promised. They never do, they just go away and forget about their own thread, forget about the proof, etc.

That's a shame.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Electro38]

I'll ask for a MOD Delete of this post for a personal attack. I am not lying or telling a story in that thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

This is a great. I live in the Catlet Virginia area for the last 25 years and I moved here from New Mexico. Personally, I have never seen anything unusual, heard of anything unusual, known anyone who seen or heard of anything unusual in the Catlett VA. This does not mean the OP is not truthfull.

However, in New Mexico there are several underground underground bases, not just in Dulce but several around the Ora grande, Hollomans AFB, Whites Sands area. I know that for a fact. There are also strange craft flying at night from Hollomans/white sand area.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

There are many exceptionally mean-spirited and foolish people posting on ATS. Don't let it get to you.

And to the OP: good luck in your investigations.

Any scars or marks on your brother? Any sign of implants? If so, you may want to consider contacting Dr. Roger Leir, who has done several removals in the past. Google him and see what you think.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Take the positive from this thread and ignore the negative. Stay safe and we look forward to hearing your findings. If you feel the slightest bit uneasy ..just leave, trust your instincts. good luck.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To me this sounds as if you are testing your ability to tell a story for which you have done very well, as others have noted 'a Steven king quality'. However the difference in tone between telling a story and reporting a story leads me to believe this is a hoax, a well written hoax but a hoax none the less.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
PartChimp, is it really worth it?

Have you heard of Dulce NM? Would you want to find yourself in Nightmare Hall, or some place like it?

I live in an area that everyone knows there is a secret underground UN base, and everyone knows to stay away from it. It's just the way it is.

What do you think you are going to find? They are going to find you that's what you are going to find.

If you go through with it, I wish you the best of luck.

Stay safe, and live without involving yourself in this type of thing.

This is a great thread for me. I live in the Catlet Virginia area for the last 25 years and I moved here from New Mexico. I have never seen or heard anything unusual, known anyone who seen or heard of anything unusual in the Catlett VA. But this does not mean OP is not truthfull.

However, in New Mexico there are several underground bases. I know there are a few around Whites Sand, ora grande, Hollomans AFB area. This area is close to Alamogordo. There is also a lot of unusual military craft flying out of Hollomans.

Rumor is the story for "Close Encounter" came from an event that happened in the same part of the desert. There were military personal in the 50's who had difficulty coping telling friends and family in Alamogordo about making contact with ET only to disapear and never heard from again.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am of the mind to give somebody the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. None of us know enough to be cynical, each of us are here to be amused or informed and I have found both in this thread.

Let us know what you find.

"Minds are like parachutes; they work much better when they are open."

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey ATS. Long time reader, first post. Love the site, i def. enjoy most of the topics. The reason I'm replying to this post is because I grew up in Virginia, 5 minutes from Catlett. I wont delve too deep, but I have experienced my fair share of interdimensional phenomena.

Anyways, to the original poster, there is a lot of "secrets" in that area. Regarding the house you mentioned, if it is really there, I will go there next Saturday and take pictures of it and anything else unusual that I see. I could really care less about "gov. ops" hunting me down. They pale in comparison to other entities I have ran into. Not to mention Delta, Psych ops, and that whole "Black ops" side of our gov. isn't very spooky. I still live in this area, and have some friends and quite a few acquaintances that work for DOD, CIA, State Dept., Green Beret, "White House Staff", etc. A lot of these people have 5 or more State Dept. issued passports representing 5 different identities, they also have 10 to 15 diff. military branch uniforms, and military uniforms of different countries, etc. Lots of secrets, and many of them know how to keep their mouths shut, except for when they drink, haha. I am rambling, i know.

I will take pictures tho, I have some others locations on the map out there that I have been meaning to look into anyways.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes very interesting. Please be careful, the government has gone to great lengths to keep secrets. Yet I would love to see some pictures also.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If you guys go, make sure you let people you trust know where you're going and let them know about ATS so we can know if something has happened to you (I'm paying attention to the new thread that Topal-M posted and after his posts and enthusiasm the first day he hasn't been heard from for about a week, hmmmm). Of course he has just registered. You've been at ATS for a couple of years so your absence would be suspicious as is the theory that you are fabricating stories (for now).

I wish I was in the area to go with you. It would be awesome to bring the thermal imager and see if the buildings are occupied by people or equipment.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You need to get some support. Find others in your community that share your concerns about the strange activity. Maybe you could even put together a petition. Find away to present a formal request as to what tyoe of projects the governement has going in your area. Sure I know they will cover things up. However what ever they say or don't say is probably a really good start.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Interesting thread, best I have seen in many moons. Intriguing, do you suppose it is MK ultra type effects with eh hum? A hub of sorts hidden in plain sight? The neighbors, or the closest tot eh place should shed some light, I would be cautious of the types of well thought out answers you would ask each of them in turn. Let them know that any information they wish to share with you will be kept in relative confidence. That no names or telling locations of witness accounts would be divulged. Dress proper when you go, and be neat in appearance. I am only on page one of your thread, but this is something important from your Op.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If we had coordinates we could google sat the location. I would bet that from your information it could have some anomolies which in turn could give us information as to other sites with the same signature...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Back to the house...

It could be an electrical substation so it would probably be empty, but im only guessing.

Could it be similar to the house shown here?

en.wikipedia.org...

A distribution substation in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada disguised as a house, complete with a driveway, front walk and a mown lawn and shrubs in the front yard. A warning notice can be clearly seen on the "front door".

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Check this link there are a lot of other bits and pieces over the years, I can sort of vouch for the OP as factual correctness and the existence somewhat but the exact location he mentions I am not too familiar, I worked at one of these other facilities near there, I cannot say which one...many years ago, over 25 years, and also am aware of the other poster mentioning Vint Hill that was tied into commo somehow I am sure you can find more in depth details of the command back when it was actually a base, all of these places motivated me to join signal corps way back in my military days and also become heavily involved in computers and programming, as far as the story of UFO activity who knows and as far as what they are today who knows but in recent memory at Christmas, I saw the US Army sign and scratched my head, I was right at that fence a month ago and it seems as though way back in the day it just said U.S. Government but who knows my memory is not serving me well at the moment, I doubt there is anything of note going on there now though but who knows.
www.fas.org...

I googled some more for you

www.trust-us.ch...

[edit on 25-1-2009 by phinubian]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't know man, for the most part your story sounds interesting, but the way you wrote the post, the prose the sentence structure, all reeked of bargain bin three for 5 dollar paperback sci-fi garbage writing......

I mean I'm not saying theres not a possibility something fishy is going on in your town, and believe me, usually I don't mix words when I respond to a post here that is clear BS.... and again, you said yourself you are more than not a skeptic, as am I, but some of the phrases you used and the overall tone was just a little too much junk fiction novel for me..... Some aspects of your post seemed interesting enough, but i felt too distracted by the way you framed the information, either you were intentionally trying to make your post more compelling than it really is, or in an attempt to clean up the sentence structure and grammar you accidentally made it sound like a beginning chapter in a fictional short story, or an X-files episode.

heres a hint, in the future just give us the facts.....the actual factual events should be interesting enough without the embellishments....

but as I said, once you shed all the garnishments and silly prose and unnecessary dressings, the events sound possibly intriguing....however, there are lots of government owned property, houses, and such, all over the country, and there are lots of examples of strange events happening near army bases and government installations.....

but I have a question, was your brother drinking or smoking that day? I mean its a legitimate question....maybe he blacked out or he could have had a seizure too, that would be more likely than an abduction, and I know people don't like to hear things like that, but the bottom line is statically, its more likely he experienced a medical problem than a close encounter or abduction....

but I am looking forward to seeing what pictures and additional information you gather in further posts.

and please do't take my skeptisism the wrong way, you yourself said you lean toward the skepitcal side, so you understand where I'm coming from...

and in your next post leave out the high school creative writing class stuff, and just give us the facts....just the facts ma'am, like from dragnet.....

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wow The Government nows where to hide suff

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I must say that these threads at least entertain me as I always make sure to read every post looking for the ever missing link to proof.

This one has me intrigued and I hope you don't take offense PartChimp at my or other members skeptisism, You said you come here often so you must know that a post like yours will generate this skeptisism as I and many other members have seen it so many times before. ATS is supposed to be about solving mysteries and finding evidence proving conspiracy. It is not just another forum to chat about fantastical nonsence there are plenty forums out there for just that purpose they may be fun and entertaining but they are not ATS.

Serpo, the first really fantastical story that I followed was supposed to be an actual disclosure of an alien exchange program that yeilded a log of the human pioneers experience with the Eben. A little here a little there stringing me (and many others) along. After some time the wonderfull debunkers here well, they debunked it, breaking down and thoroughly examining every bit of information, exposing the inconsistensies and then the trickling peices of the "story" stopped coming.

It is with this same spirit of investigation that most skeptics of your story base their questions, and the reason I as well keep coming back over and over. not to discredit a post but to examine every possible angle. To root out all other possibilities until what is left is a little shining nugget of that thing we all so desperatly search for, Proof.. simple undeniable proof.

Sadly many are simply easily disproved fakes. It does put your post in an awkward position because unfortunatly many also start with a very intriging intro with a promise of later proof that never materializes and as said before the thread dwindles and is then simply forgotten.

Some are simply attempts to gain popularity or sell some books or enlist a following to a website to generate money, I'm talking to you Blossom Goodchild

I for now will give you the benefit of the doubt as I believe that you didn't expect to need your camera that day, but I will point out that for 8 or 10 bucks you can get a throw away camera and have it developed into a picture CD for another 1 or 2 bucks so that you wouldn't need a scanner or anything other than a CD drive to get them up here on ATS. I also believe that there be secrets in them thar hills.

I would also very much like to hear more about your brothers missing time and then finding himself not quite exactly where he was before it started, it does fit an abduction situation, perhaps you could ask him to come on board and give us an acounting in his own words. as you no doubt already know ATS is a surprisingly powerfull and far reaching network of very resourcefull and knowledgable investigators Heck there are already several members right in the area who are willing to help investigate. I would like to see a more specifice description of exactly where this mysterious house is, all you would have to do is type it in.

I very much look forward to hearing more, and as always I'll be back with fingers crossed that it's not just another project serpo.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
*It's a CIA-training base.......................and FYI, just because a sign says
"US ARMY TRAINING FACILITY" doesn't mean it's US ARMY ! ....drive into Williamsburg, VA. and view the so-called US ARMY EXPERIMENTAL TRAINING FACILITY....that's the famous "Farm".

Do yourselves a favor, and forget all about it. They are in the business of protecting the US, so let them do their thing. You ain't gonna encounter
any green men, secrets, etc....

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
(I'm paying attention to the new thread that Topal-M posted and after his posts and enthusiasm the first day he hasn't been heard from for about a week, hmmmm).

I had a search to see what his post was about that you mentioned but either you've spelt his name wrong or his account has been deleted.

Maybe the real conspiracy is that this is a government run website!!!

Oh dear ATS, you have been outed by a student. How embarrassing for you!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join