It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in Catlett, Virginia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
At first glance, I imagine someone would probably respond to that question with a resounding "a whole lotta nothing.". Catlett is a small town in the Virginia Piedmont dotted with corn and cow farms. The few shops that are in town look deserted and run down, and the only thing that seems to show any signs of life is the Southern States railroad depot that sits nestled up to the tracks in the center of town.

Now, anyone who has lived in western Fauquier County anytime in the last 40 years will tell you that strange things tend to find their way into our neck of the woods. A "United States Army Training Facility" that oddly is nowhere in the federal record books of army bases but is still very much active and regularly being expanded looms over the town in the surrounding mountains to the west. Don't believe me? Look up Warrenton, Virginia in any type of satellite imaging service and take special note that the entire town is blurred out and chunks of the map are red and blotchy. Notice how it seems, to the north of the town, what looks like residential subdivisions are blurred out. Interesting isn't it? That's a conversation for another time and place though.

Well, for a very long time, due east of us, was the infamous Vint Hill Farms Station. Today it provides low income families with housing and is home to a large air traffic control facility and several warehouses. Driving out onto the now public land belies the glory days of this casualty of the Clinton budget cuts. If you weren't aware of it, Vint Hill was where the majority of your Army Intelligence forces were formed, along with the makings of Delta. The NSA was documented as using the gigantic antennae that still sit over the base in the active days of the base, and if you take the ongoing activity of the most high powered antenna and the presence of tinted-suburbans cruising around at all hours, someone still may be using it. Growing up within two miles of the perimeter of the base, I could never listen to the radio until I was significantly out of range. My friends and I would constantly get weird chattering signals and interference.

But this isn't about Vint Hill or the experiments that took place there, or the "Training Center" that looms over Warrenton like the spooky house in a B-Rated horror movie. The reason i'm using these places as a launch pad is to give you, the reader, some idea of the interest this area has to elements of the more covert realms of our government. This is about something sinister that's happening in Catlett, Virginia, literally ten miles either way from these previous sites. This all started when my little brother, a first year college student and really great kid, came flying into the driveway of my house two weeks ago. Tears streaming down his face, he started to explain to me that while driving down Route 28. in the middle of Catlett, time stopped. There was a bright light, and all of a sudden he was driving the other way, several miles out of town. The first thought that jumped into my mind was the missing time phenomena and it's connection to abduction; the only problem is, he had no way of verifying the time. And trust me, even though this is the first thing that jumped into my mind, I'm as skeptical as the next guy. My little brother isn't a liar, though.

After telling him to crash on the couch and that we would drive back out there in the morning, i retired to my office to try and find some answers on the internet, and maybe some clues to any past unexplained activity in the area. I found a lone .pdf detailing the abduction of two local women, but that was enough to start on. Linkage.

Scanning the pages of the document, i extracted the names of the two women it names. C. Holcomb, the woman it directly quotes the most in the text, has seemingly since relocated out of the area. D. Graves, however, it would appear, is still very much here. She is the owner and proprietor of Moonraker Equestrian Academy. After letting the pieces come together and let my imagination run wild for a bit, i uneasily went to my bedroom, set my alarm, and had a fitful sleep.

The following morning, or later that day i should say, my brother and i hastily climbed into my jeep and headed for Catlett. "This is where it happened.", he exclaimed. We were just crossing the railroad tracks when he spoke, and it jarred my memory. Moonraker was a few miles outside of the little hamlet, on Burwell Road, so i decided to turn toward it. Once on Burwell, I started getting a more clear picture of what may possibly be going on out here in the middle of nowhere. Growing up in Fauquier, I had always heard urban legends from my friends about the seemingly normal houses where no one seemed to live, but were seemingly being used by government looking types. When i saw this little black "house" perched on the side of Burwell, those old stories came back to me. I pulled over on the side of the road to take a closer look. The house was very small, and looked coated in something metallic. Not just the siding, but the entire thing. The windows looked like they had been sprayed with some sort of latex or other kind of rubber. I looked back at my brother, who was adamantly shaking his head. I felt the same way inside, but i guess the same thing that pulls me back to this website time and time again pushed me to go up to the door and knock. I did just that, and stood there waiting. I listened intently for any kind of commotion inside. There was nothing, just a barely inaudible hum, like the hum of a fly's wings but at a constant pace. I quickly shuffled off of the porch and looked down the driveway to the left, and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. On the fence blockading the dirt road from potential trespassers hung a red and white sign declaring "No Trespassing" by command of the "U.S. Government". I looked at my brother and we both acknowledged what we had seen.

We never reached Moonraker that day, a little under two weeks ago. We were convinced we were stumbling on to something that was headed down a potentially dangerous road. In a conversation with my father later that day, when i brought up the enigmatic house and sign we had found, he told me coolly that the government owns property all throughout Catlett, and those signs are visible along fencing that runs along many of the surrounding roads.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by PartChimp]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sorry for the immediate follow up, but i was running out of room. I promise to the people who are taking the time to read this that i am going to follow this up somehow. I'm going to procure a digital camera this coming week, instead of attempting to photo-document these things with grainy cell-phone pictures. There is something going on in Catlett, Virginia, and with so little information available to the public about the strange happenings there, I think it's about time someone tried to figure out what.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
S & F, very interesting. I look forward to seeing pictures of the area. I don't live too far away, maybe when the weather starts getting a little better I'll take a drive down there and check it out.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Very interesting reading...do it NOW..we want the answers NOW!!
What would be good is a pic of that house..it sounds very strange.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to read, Doc. I'm sort of at a difficult place with how to proceed. After a little digging, the contact information of one of the women in the document is readily available. The problem is, i don't want to invade anyone's privacy, and i have no idea about what kind of reaction i would get from her or anyone else working there. Not to mention the fact that she is an abductee who is an employee of the federal government. Maybe talking to locals in the area? I want to do more than just take pictures, but i also don't feel like bothering people or, in the most extreme circumstances, bringing harm to myself, no matter how benign the obvious government presence in the area actually is.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
Very interesting reading...do it NOW..we want the answers NOW!!
What would be good is a pic of that house..it sounds very strange.

Haha, I plan on taking more than a couple photos of the house and the signs. But you see, i'm on this once a month payment school teacher salary thing..
Next week you'll get the photos. And hopefully, if i can get the courage to do it, some testimony.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PartChimp

I understand what you're saying about not wanting to invade anyone's privacy. I'd definitely start by asking some of the locals some questions. Some of the small, seemingly deserted businesses might be a good place to start. If you want to cover it up yourself, one route to take would be to tell them you're doing a research project for college, or you're helping your brother do some research, etc.

When you finally do take pictures, just be careful. Doing it discreetly, maybe from inside a vehicle with the engine running, just in case. You never know.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I love a good mystery
Very Interesting read. This is the type of stuff that the old (good) stephen king novels are made of LOL. S & F and will be keeping an eye on this one. I'm off to see if I can find any info on the area.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From the link you posted about the two women..it would appear to me that she would welcome you information about your brother. I would approach her stating that you would like to discuss her "abductions" because you feel your younger brother has experienced the same. If she refuses to talk about it ..then just tell her you respect that and leave a calling card in case she changes her mind. No harm done. Best of Luck and look forward to hearing your follow up.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah, her first abduction most sounds like the exact same experience your brother had. You might want to cross-reference her reports of physical problems, ear inflamation, and a general feeling of nausea with your brother and see if he has any of those symptoms.

Another thought, visit a local library and see if you can get your hands on any old newspaper articles. These may provide some insight to the government activity in the area, or possibly even further abduction stories.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The thought i keep getting:

remember the movie 'Conspiracy Theory'
sometime in the story, they go off to a country horse farm somewheres outside of DC... and the movie location is close enough to a Military helicoptor resource that in minutes they're on to the fleeing, paranoid
schizo the movie revolves around.

Well, here's the kernal... Catlett, VA is situated just like the movie site
outside of DC, presumably northern VA
And Catlett is a short distance due east of the Quantico Marine Base,
(where they also trained FBI Agents), helicopters could be over Catlett in
mere minutes at the 1st call.

Is this the core/kernal of the mystery your developing for the ATS reader?

If your not telling, & the enigma is something totally different than a
farm location associated with Psy-Ops, then I am offering that ball-of-wax as a covered-up connection your not yet aware of...
and it might actually be
dangerous to crack that 'coded' message which was openly yet covertly revealed by the author of the movie 'Conspiracy Theory' (featuring/ mel gibson)

thanks

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Live search maps works fine in the Warrenton, Virginia area.
W arrenton

What are we looking for

mikell

Links didn't work rightCatlette

[edit on 25-1-2009 by mikellmikell]

Got the links to work I think

[edit on 25-1-2009 by mikellmikell]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I look forward to seeing the pictures, they will be very interesting. Definitely talking to the locals about strange things help, locals love to gossip.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PartChimp

Pictures would very helpful, especially of this:

When i saw this little black "house" perched on the side of Burwell, those old stories came back to me. I pulled over on the side of the road to take a closer look. The house was very small, and looked coated in something metallic. Not just the siding, but the entire thing. The windows looked like they had been sprayed with some sort of latex or other kind of rubber. I looked back at my brother, who was adamantly shaking his head. I felt the same way inside, but i guess the same thing that pulls me back to this website time and time again pushed me to go up to the door and knock. I did just that, and stood there waiting. I listened intently for any kind of commotion inside. There was nothing, just a barely inaudible hum, like the hum of a fly's wings but at a constant pace. I quickly shuffled off of the porch and looked down the driveway to the left, and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. On the fence blockading the dirt road from potential trespassers hung a red and white sign declaring "No Trespassing" by command of the "U.S. Government".

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is very intriguing and you know what else? Besides the fact I am obviously dying to know more, I particularly like that you didn't start us off with some sort of fantastic concept or idea, you basically just told us about something strange happened and something strange you saw. No promises made, just the story and some investigation to follow up on the weirdness. You didn't make implications of anything so that we are expecting something.

I really hope you deliver on this, and make sure if you take photos you take PLENTY of them - too many is better than not enough and you can go through and delete the poor photos afterwards.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
dude.....what an intriguing story.....please keep us in the loop........i'll try and be a bit grandfatherly here and remind you to......

be careful who you talk to..........

eh?

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
no offense but if I had a quarter for every poster who needed to go back to get pictures to substantiate their story id be rich. The moment a poster says that i know theres a 99.99% chance they are full of it. Seriously cell phones come with cameras, even my 80yr old father has one.

Its obvious people are doing this to annoy me personally, ditch the point system so people have no reason to fabricate stories, recite long winded diatribes, and give people the time to work and save up for that $5 dollar camera that 99% of posters seem not to have as part of their investigative toolsets.

Dont take it personally i just get tired of this, your story is more credible sounding then the average "i went to investigate without a camera"

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
On the map posted above I didn't see any strange blurred parts north of town. I am intrigued by your story it is very well written. You stated you are a teacher. Are you a literature teacher of some kind?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes, those houses do sound sketchy to say the least. I'm particularly interested in the compound on the windows, is there any chance that you could go up and touch it to asertain if it is infact latex, maybe try to see if a magnet will stick.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
can you specify WHICH house on Burwell it is so we can look at it on google/live maps??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join