It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Benn "If you wont broadcast the Gaza appeal then I will myself"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Tony Benn "If you wont broadcast the Gaza appeal then I will myself"

Tony Benn accuses the BBC ON AIR of capitualating to the Israeli Government by refusing to air an appeal for the Gazan people by the Disaster Emergency Commitee (DEC) he then broadcasts the Address himself much to the consternation of the interviewer!

Disaster Emergency Commitee (DEC)
Gaza Crisis
PO BOX 999
LONDON
EC3A 3AA

Disasters Emergency Committee Gaza humanitarian appeal:
Launched by UK charities on 22 January to raise money for Gaza aid relief and reconstruction

Participants: Action Aid, British Red Cross, Cafod, Care International, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, Help the Aged, Islamic Relief, Merlin, Oxfam, Save the Children, Tearfund, World Vision

Information on 0370 60 60 900 or at DEC website

External source
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
daaaam, tony benn, you are an absolue legend

why cant more political types have his "balls".

bbc need to learn lesons like this, its the british peoples tv network, we pay their bills yes they only follow hir adgenda.. i lve it when people stand up o them.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Tony Benn he is quality. Thats what politicians use to be like before they

started allowing the weak minded to be our representatives.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Tony Benn is voicing the concern of the British people. I work for several different companies and I know hundreds of work colleagues. Just about every office I have entered these weeks I overheard conversations about Gaza. People were stunned and appalled.

Israel has overstepped its mark and exposed itself for the monstrosity it really is. Expect more because it can't help itself.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by setfree

Wow. Pretty amazing video, straight out saying that the BBC has capitulated to the Israeli government. He was clearly incensed too. From word coming out across the net, there appears to be a rather inferiorating incensed feeling among many British subjects about the way their media has become silenced by a foreign power.

We in the West can only hope that England's entrenched non-Jewish elite will figure out the end game and begin to free their country from a stifling and oppressive political group that now hovers over their land.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Tony Benn is an example to all these young ambitious morons that fill the commons a man of true integrity.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have disagreed with Tony Benn on many issues, however, we need people like him, who behave honourably and with total commitment to the cause of the people.
The leaders that we have in England pale in comparison to Tony Benn, not as a matter of idea and ideological politics but simply as people that would fulfil their duties as public servants.

He isn't always *right* (although he IS on this matter!) but his integrity always speaks volumes. He challenges people to consider their own views. Well done Tony, England still needs you and people all over the world still need you.

How much longer do we have to wait until there are people of this calibre to fill his boots and take the torch forward?

top topics

join