It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family bugging out by road vehicle.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

That's the setup, a single deep-cycle batt that is dedicated to a heat element for the fuel tanks. In addition to the (2) service batts for the vehicle. You can plug the panel into you cigar lighter and keep them fresh as well.

Also I can take the (2) deep cycle batts from my small boat to throw in as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, for the bugging out by ROAD part, I am looking into a Toyota Matrix. For a few reasons:

1) I can use it driving around the town, as it has quite good gas mileage.
2) You can pull down the back seats and snooze there.
3) There is a fair amount of storage space; not necessarily the greatest, but enough to back the essentials. And you can tow a trailer, too, if you want.
4) When bugging out by ROAD, this would be an OK vehicle for me, I think.

However, depending upon the scenario, I'd prefer to stay put in my house.... especially after we put in some *modifications*, because (I know this is morbid), the winter will kill almost everyone. Very little food, very little heat, very little trees, etc. Death trap. BUT, the initial bug out would be by road, and then back road up into the hills, I think. Stay put the winter. In the spring, I can come back into town and dig my garden - is large enough to harvest enough food for three (fit) people for a year. Plus there is a LARGE danger of fire.

In this case, I'd want a jeep cherokee. Not the greatest on gas (compared to the matrix), but certainly able to make in a fair ways into the back country. Then I'd camp the winter above the snow line, being that a) it is cold, b) difficult to get to without a snowmobile, and c) (relatively) good hunting. Gadgets for this- not yet thought out. But that's my idea.

Or, I drive the matrix into the woods as far as possible, hide it, and hike in some more, build a shelter.... what ever. Ideally I would have done this all before and have a storage cache or something out there in my *idea* location. The roads around here aren't too bad, which is a good/bad situation. But the matrix could get into most roads here. Maybe not get out in winter, but that's what you have skis for!

By getting out of the city initially, I avoid various dangers, the worst of which would be fire. And desperate people, etc. Morbid, I know >.<

Anyhow, that's my idea about BOVs!

<< 1   >>

join