It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Adware/Spyware/Hi-Jackers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Nothing on my system has changed but today I was able to get on ATS again. I have Norton 360 and tried w/o Phishing Filter, Firewall, Antivirus enabled..none of that mattered. It was something else..Unknown..But I am glad I am back on

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

When I registered and made my first post on this site I got infected with a good one. I had the file you are talking about along with alot of other stuff. It really freaked me out because I am freaked out about alot of the stuff covered here. Needless to say I dealt with the problem and added a few more security parameters and have had no problem afterwards. I don't believe it was intentional through the site or anything like that. The person I had helping me assured me it was common and could have happened anywhere. Unless of course he was working with them. Which can only mean that they are everywhere. Donning my tinfoil hat.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

My security / firewall also tells me after many posts on ATS that an attack was blocked.

I have complained to TPTB.

As stated before, ATS possibly because they are the biggest conspiracy site has been infiltrated by fractions of our ABC Government???

Anyone posting on ATS or even lucking on ATS should have a real good security system up and running.

You never know who is at the other end.

I have brought this to the attention of the staff just now and await their response.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
My security / firewall also tells me after many posts on ATS that an attack was blocked.

There wasn't much to go on in the information you supplied... such as which page(s) initiated the alert.

I've searched security sites on the specific JavaScript file that initiated the alert, and only about 3% of the scanners/trackers consider it to be a threat, and it appears to do little more than access a JQuery library.

It may be a false alarm, which happens a lot.

As stated before, ATS possibly because they are the biggest conspiracy site has been infiltrated by fractions of our ABC Government???

Why would you come to that conclusion based on a potential false alarm from your firewall?

Anyone posting on ATS or even lucking on ATS should have a real good security system up and running.
You never know who is at the other end.

There are dozens of people (our staff and Admin) who are on ATS a great, great deal. If this was a legitimate problem, it would have come to our attention sooner.

Perhaps, when you provide us with information about a potential problem such as this, privately via the complaint form, you should await our response (which I was preparing), before launching into a fear-mongering public post making inflammatory accusations about ATS. Doing so only deflates the credibility of your original complaint.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Not to 'piggy-back' on Bill's response here, but I've been running an XP Pro install for near a year now, 'naked' [with regards no sort of anti-vi, security protection whatsoever] with absolutely no issues at all ... despite my often times traversing some of the 'darker alleys & avenues' of the Internet, intentionally.

'magine that.

If/When you encounter those 'fake fraud alerts', the ones claiming to have scanned your system and found it to be 'infected' with damn near everything under the sun ... - click here to fix it for the low, low price of $umpteen.95 - download and run ComboFix

It'll save you time, troubles, hassles and potential reformatting of your hard drive - It just Plain Works

*if you have any questions on how to do so, Please don't hesitate to U2U me*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join