It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'U.S. Navy hunting down Iran ships sent to rearm Hamas in Gaza'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

'U.S. Navy hunting down Iran ships sent to rearm Hamas in Gaza'

www.haaretz.com

A United States naval taskforce has been ordered to hunt down weapons ships sent by Iran to rearm its Islamist ally Hamas in Gaza, The Sunday Times reported.

Quoting U.S. diplomatic sources, the British daily said that Combined Task Force 151, which is countering pirates in the Gulf of Aden, has been instructed to track Iranian arms shipments.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
According to article "The Cypriot-flagged commercial vessel was tracked by a U.S. Navy ship in the Red Sea over the weekend, one official said. It was boarded and searched with the consent of the vessel's crew on Monday and Tuesday, said another.

The Sunday Telegraph also quoted "well briefed sources" as saying that a second arms smuggling route into Gaza has also been used by Tehran. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard has sent shipments through the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean to anchor off the Gaza coast, inside Egyptian territorial waters, where the Israel Navy is barred. "

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well, this doesn't suprise me at all.

Hamas will need more weapons, you get no points for guessing where from, or who will take steps to stop it.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What would happen if Iran started hunting down US ships supplying arms to Israel?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
What would happen if Iran started hunting down US ships supplying arms to Israel?

No no..one rule for the USA another one for the rest of the world silly!
Anyway i dont like this news...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

They'd get called "anti-semetic" for starters and then have their country signed over to european jews.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

The truth is, everyone picks and chooses what rules they want to obey. Lets not lose sight of the fact that there is a UN arms embargo in effect against the Iranians and that they are prohibited from exporting weapons. Of course, we all know that the US will be tasked with taking a lead role in enforcing that embargo as it is most UN agreements.

Link

It seems to me that a lot of people want the rules to apply only to the US, but not to everyone else.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Well, there would probably soon be a large amount of Iranian ships stuck to the bottom of the sea. If the US wants their shipments to get through unharmed, nothing short of Russia will be able to stop them.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

im in the same line of thought, really, who are america to stop this, their not the world police! also, is this not just adding to more murders which people cant retalliate to? hamas and gaza have as much right to protect thmselfs as anyone else on this planet.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I believe America should tend to their own problems befour getting involved in others...... If they want Iran to not provide weapons to Hamas then they should stop supplying weapons to Israel.....

Peace

Shen Long

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Looks like the first round goes to the U.S. since they stopped an Iranian ship this week that was stuffed with rockets, artillery shell, and guns.

The Iranian ship boarded by a US Navy Coast Guard team on the Red Sea last week before it could smuggle arms to Hamas is now disclosed by DEBKAfile's military sources to have tried to trick the search team by enclosing its rocket cargo in secret compartments behind layers of steel

they were acting on intelligence that a ship loaded with an estimated 60 tons of arms to replenish Hamas' depleted war stocks

The cargo consists of 50 Fajr rockets whose range is 50-75 km, scores of heavy Grad rockets, new, improved launchers whose angle of fire can be precisely adjusted, tons of high-quality explosives, submachine guns, rifles and pistols and armor-piercing missiles and shells

www.debka.com...

www.debka.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What value is the propaganda from debka.com? What weapons have been discovered by the US hunt of Iranian shipments other than in the scenarios conveniently provided by Israel.

Most likely these weapons were heading for the Lebanon.

In fact I would suggest that the US heavily arm the Palestinians to make Israel pause before it engages in more pogroms and civilian blood lettings.

[edit on 103131p://am3115 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Hey Sven, Good morning.

You bring up a very good point. What would happen indeed. It could be the excuse that Israel and the US needs to partner up publicly on this.

I believe, as I think you do, that we are already there behind the scenes in some fashion.

I guess that it more "wait as see."

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Is there a credible source for that claim? Seems like it would be reported by more that just Debkafile and Haaretz if the Iranians were caught shipping arms to Hamas.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Haaretz and Debka?

Between these two you are guaranteed propaganda and completely false reports.

Any other sources?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Absolutely nothing - on the U.S. side. You should know better than to even ask such a ridiculous question.

As for the iranians, well allah would be sorting them out and assigning virgins ...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
While I resist opening myself up for the inevitable barrage of inflammatory responses I caution all readers to always take into consideration the news source and the flow of the story.

When the United States first intercepted this vessel. News wires reported, quite clearly, that no rockets or equipment of the kind Hamas is known to use was reported to have been found. In fact, no rockets at all, of any type. Also it was reported that any conjecture about the destination of the material was pointless because they didn't know their intended destination.

Now a notorious Israeli propaganda machine reports details extending far beyond the initial reports. Rather than simply call it lies, I believe it's important to recognize that it would be unlikely that the editorial policy of this 'news' agency is far from unbiased, and leave it at that.

Aside from the civilian population of the area, I think it's safe to say there are no innocents involved in any aspect of the confrontation between these two national-entities (I will not call them 'states').

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Was just surfin and came across this;

Unusually Large U.S. Weapons Shipment to Israel: Are the US and Israel Planning a Broader Middle East War?

Here is the link;

www.globalresearch.ca...

Maybe this is what all of the hype is about. This is to arrive in late January, according to the article.
Hmmmmmmmmm...that's right now.

So is this ship restocking for ordinance used or is this shipment for getting the Israeli's another shot at breaking the cease fire??

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
They dont really have the means to do so. I mean okay...they hunt down a US ship and they say "stop" and the US ship says "# you". Okay, so then what does Iran do?

There is a reason why you dont see this happening. Your question answers itself if you think about it. Almost rhetorical in a weird way.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here is another source:

www.worldtribune.com...

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
reply to post by dbates

Is there a credible source for that claim? Seems like it would be reported by more that just Debkafile and Haaretz if the Iranians were caught shipping arms to Hamas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join