It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama - Possible Civil War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER [ Firstly I'd like to mention that this thread is not intended in any way to offend or discriminate and I hold no racist views. It is a simple discussion of a theory I heard someone mention and I would like to hear peoples thoughts about it ]

Hello All,

Pretty simple theory, probably very un-educated view but I thought that maybe there could be some sense in it.

As America now has its first black president in Barrack Obama, what are the chances that eventually blacks will take over and run America?

Now, I don't believe in any inequalities or superior/inferior race but unfortunately a lot of people do.

Blacks were used as slaves under the control of white people, there was the racial segregation that was rife in the US in the 19th & 20th century, does anyone feel theres a possibility that with a black president the black population might feel that they matter first?

I'm sure there is still quite a large proportion of black people who still hold a lot of anger in regards to how theyre fathers, grandfathers, great grand fathers etc were treated.

Is it possible that with a black president the black population might be inclined to make a stand? Is it possible that Obama might be biased towards the black population because of his own colour & heritage?

[edit on 25/1/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This would be the cause of a second civil war. It is possible for him to be biased towards his own race but it's also possible for the reverse. I personally don't feel anything drastic in that nature is going to happen, the economy is too big of a concern.

(for some reason Rise of the Lycans popped up into my head, no racism, just the plot of slaves uprising to their masters, different but similar)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'll change this slightly.

Would Americans be comfortable with the US run by its own native American Indians? ...... as it should be!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Are you unaware that most of the people in government are still white? The majority of his cabinet is white. Obama is not pro black or anything remotely close and will be leading no civil war.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think there is a danger of civil war .It was really obvious during the last campaign where the lines were drawn. My husband remarked many times when watching both campaigns that the Republican ones reminded him of KKK rallies they were so hateful and inflammatory.

If a civil war breaks out it will be because the sacred bastions of white power start it . I see no blacks anywhere in my own experience or in the media that are crying for organized overthrow of anything

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't think the people of the US, namely the whites and blacks are really that against eachother. I know there's still alot of animosity left over from past crimes, but i think if there is a civil uprising, it would be unified and directed not at eachother but at our government officials and they're policies.

I don't think we have an issue on that table that warrants a civil war, it would be pointless as the government would not be able to take sides in a conflict based on race.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
I think there is a danger of civil war .It was really obvious during the last campaign where the lines were drawn. My husband remarked many times when watching both campaigns that the Republican ones reminded him of KKK rallies they were so hateful and inflammatory.

If a civil war breaks out it will be because the sacred bastions of white power start it . I see no blacks anywhere in my own experience or in the media that are crying for organized overthrow of anything

Republicans reminded him of KKK rallies? I went to several Repub. rallies before the election and not ONCE did I see any racist people or remarks or anything suggestion so. Your husband scares me. Thank him for the nasty generalization.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Why should the civil war if one break out have to do with race? It could be a fight for resources as the economy tanks? It could be because citizens feel flooded by illegals? I think the constant Bush and the KKK is as valid as Obama and the black panthers starting a civil war. I don't believe there is really a chance of a civil war based on skin color among american citizens.

Merkel : I second that statement! And I am neither republican nor democrat - just a free thinking independent.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He was just observing the McCain rallies in real time ,and responding to what he saw and heard ,you're welcome

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think the OP was trying to paint the picture of "False Entitlement"

I see this as a chance, because I work with a lot people that aren't white or black. And I see their attitudes have changed since the swearing in.

I believe that in due time the racism towards black will shift to the white population.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
To be fair to this issue the last civil war didn't have anything to do with 'race' it was political and economic strife between regions and race was only brought to the table late in the game

In short it was rich industrialists against rich farmers

I think it's shaping up the same way ,now, similar issues but seemingly more fragmented ,we have disenfranchised workers

a top heavy parasitic financial monolith,that sucks us dry and provides literally nothing ,and is actually standing as an obstacle to more manufacturing more business innovation and thus more economic growth.

The ordinary people who are most affected by the loss of jobs and business are in the current case not unified by any mutually held goals or grievances.

Only with the problem of poor uneducated blacks with no jobs and no property in the aftermath of the Civil War did the current standard of race hate towards them gain the virulence that it had until the civil rights movement

I'm thinking more in terms of a class warfare type thing this time ,seems to be the underlying tone of things

that's how I saw the GOP agenda during the Presidential Campaigns and how I still see them.

Just a few of my thinking out loud observances

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Oh I don't know scremo:

For instance, what would happen if Obama were assassinated? With kind of popularity he enjoys with the progressive community(Which includes people of all races) there would likely be large civil unrest that could lead to civil war if the truth about such an event isn't released, or if they got caught blatantly lying like they did on 9/11 or the JFK assassination.

I don't think it would be racially motivated. I think it would be politically motivated.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Again tho, civil war would mean that we would be fighting each other, not our government, it does't make any sense.

What we would have would be a civil revolution or civil uprising, not a war between eachother.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Nevermind it was a little off the topic, but the underlying point I was trying to make is.

I don’t believe that race will be the cause of a civil war, but I do believe that Americans of all races must stop accusing each other of racism at the drop of a hat, it’s always counter-unity. I believe a civil war is possible if the elected officials don’t stop believing that they were elected so that they can have power, but rather that they should be of service to the people of America. You put them in Congress now make them work for you. It's not charity they get paid for it.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I do NOT like Obama and it has nothing to do with his part African American heritage. NOTHING!!

I completely 100% disagree with his views. I am an Evangelical Christian. I believe Jesus was God in flesh and He is the only way to the Father in Heaven. Salvation comes through Jesus and only Jesus. I am pro-life. I don't agree with the government being in more control of health care, education, et al. I don't like Obama. I didn't vote for him. Now, it feels like us conservatives are powerless with him in the White House and liberals practically running our congress. If there would ever be an uprising against him, the only way I would ever support it, is if it had NOTHING to do with his race but everything to do with his ideas and the fact that I feel like I am slowly loosing my rights as an American citizen.

new topics

top topics

join