It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe we should start by looking at us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
True, I am a conspiracist. Like many people here I try to understand the real agendas, the schemes of the hidden powers running our lives. Like most of us I came to ATS to feed this passion and look for answers and solutions.

Sadly in my quest for answers and solutions I could only find fear, hate, paranoia, denial and very little ideas, hope and positiveness. ATS it seems is just like the world out there, full of sensationalism and fearmongering. This is a microcosm reflecting the outside world, stars and flags is the currency and negativeness sells.

We all realize that we live in a very tough, cruel and unjust world. Love doesn't keep the world going on, money, corruption and greed does. I want to believe that most people here want not only to discuss and analyze the situation but also show us the light at the end of the tunnel and this is Hope.

I am sad to observe how people here who have this feeling of Hope, may it be unfounded, are treated as "sheeples" and "mislead". And regarding our president, there is enough too much hope. It is actually better to have a population driven by hope not by fear, that pushes our governments to act and restore trust and solve the problems that affects citizens. Politics based on a fearful population only brings shackles and oppression because frightened people only care about their security, hopeful people expect amelioration.

Of course politicians will try to manipulate this new wave of Hope. It will happen. We just have to live through it and be patient, because we do not have the means to fight this system other than elections. If we arent satisified with our leaders, let's vote in the next president promising MORE changes and get more done, eventually politics is cleansed from the bad apples.

I will go further and say that the real sheeple are those who are afraid of Hope and cannot accept it. They may believe in conspiracies and all that, but have been so conditioned by the media into believing that all is doom and gloom with no real solutions at the end. Because that what the media does, it is not here to frighten you only get you used to everyday violence, corruption and negativeness and give you this feeling that there is nothing we can do about it, to give up our Hopes.

I really would like to see more people with Hope. It is just a first step, then we must carry on and demand those changes. We must also be patient, because not many things may be accomplished during our lifetimes but we have to do it for our children, so they do not have to endure the same problems we are facing.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
What is "hope" ? It is a very vague concept. Where is it leading us?

I see impending economic doom on the horizon, stormclouds gathering. In this environment, vaguely articulated "hope" reeks more of denial and wishful thinking than of a reasonable apprasal of the darkening conditions around us.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I agree.

After 9-11 our political leaders used fear to steal our liberties and get bailouts approved.

Now our political leaders are saying that things are gonna get bad, but we just need to have hope. No matter how bad you are about to get screwed, just have hope.

I say don't hope for anything in this physical world... just hope that God has mercy on your soul and you have a good home prepared in the spiritual world.

And to the OP:

Can you not blame ATSers for being afraid? Can you not blame them for panicing? Can you not blame them for making comments THAT LOOK LIKE THIS!!!!!! OMG!!!! WTF!!!!???

Uhhmmm, do you not see what's about to go down? Take a good look at the world for a second without that Obama gospel of Hope in your mind.

You need to get rid of the word HOPE and replace it with the word FAITH.

You want some light at the end of your tunnel? It starts with Faith, not hope.

Who do you believe in?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Panic is never a good thing. But fear is actually something productive because it prevents us from harm. My point is that we see too much fear and not enough hope, and the little hope here is dismissed or turned ridicule (messiah followers comes to mind). We should respect that and see that Hope is more productive than Fear.

I dont like Faith, it is a stronger hope. Someone with faith will not question as much. IT is good to remain critical even when full of hope =)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There is Much more at play and at stake then, The beast financial system, I ignore it as it is a vain thing in my life.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So how many generations must pass before that 'hope' can be cashed in?
I'm not saying hope is a bad thing, but somehow it gives people a reason to be inactive, cause they'll hope things will get better. Accept everything as it is and hope for better days...that to me is almost like giving up.

new topics

top topics

join