It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vicodins for Stress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Vicodins are better than any Benzodiazapan that I was prescribed for stress,It works on anxiety and depression too , So Why dont doctors just let people take Vicodins for these symptoms , They seem pretty safe if you dont drink with them,

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

Without getting into the whole sermon about the effects of opiates, narcotics (medical), analgesics, since that info is available to everyone.

Think of these types of pharmaceuticals as false crutches. The more they are effective in helping the symptoms, the less likely one is to confront the internal causes of those symptoms. Of all the negative side effects, the above mentioned is by far the most destructive and paradoxical.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Dude I used to be hooked on all types of benzodiazepines like Valium, Rivotril, Xanax and so on..

My advice is to stay away completely from Vicodin and all these hardcore prescription drugs; they'll bring you nothing but more depression, anxiety and dread in your life. Not to mention the chemical and hormonal imbalances they cause. Trust me, you'll regret it.

Peace,,

Majorion

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think Vicodin is too easily abused,having various injuries and surgerys I was prescribed them,and when women I knew found out they all wanted some,they are quite addicting,and I attribute their use on the suicide of a dear friend,using them leads to a worse depression

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
xanax is the most abused prescription drug out there..
just a fun factoid
i have been on vicodins for years now...sure my liver is boxed

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Vicodins if used the right way can be safer than most drugs , I have a little experience with them , they are hard to quit when you want to stop by why quit when they help me get peace of mind for the day, What else can you try I tried everything and this seems the best so far , The benzos are to much make you sleep and forget

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Vicodins if used the right way can be safer than most drugs

From my own experiences, I can assure you that all these pharmaceuticals are NOT safe; let alone Vicodin or benzos. Don't trust the governments and their marketed drugs, all they care about is profit, NOT your mental and physical well being.

Prescription drugs like benzos and hardcore painkillers are the most dangerous ones, trust me..they are decieving drugs, you don't NEED them. In my opinion they are far worse(health wise) than illegal drugs like marijuana.

Please oh please, take my advice at heart, you will live to regret it otherwise.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Prescription drugs like benzos and hardcore painkillers are the most dangerous ones, trust me..they are decieving drugs, you don't NEED them.

M, I agree with everything you say, including the fact that they are not needed, but only as they apply to stress which was the question in the OP.

There are however people who DO need potent pain killers very much. I have serious degenerative and chronic back issues. On most days a couple of tylenols will do the trick. But there are days where I would be completely immobilized, in agony, and unable to sleep, all because of the pain.

There are other severe conditions which also require them.

The key is to use the proper tool for the proper occasion.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The key is to use the proper tool for the proper occasion

Of course when a person has an extreme and serious condition where no other option is viable means that you must seek other solutions. But my point was that vicodin is dangerous and addictive even to the person who really does take it for a NEED.

These extra strong painkillers sometimes have trace amounts of heroin, or at least have similar chemical structures. Truth is that opiates like vicodin are narcotic drugs, but you won't hear that too often from your local psychiatrist

So when someone like the OP suggests vicodin simply for stress; I'd like to state the equivalent of such is like taking heroin for stress.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Agreed, and btw I have never heard of any psychiatrist prescribing opiates for stress.

And yes opiates have long term side effects and are prone to dependence and abuse. But when one is in severe pain, they are the only effective remedy for the symptoms. Sometimes the choices we have are not ideal.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Majorion

Agreed, and btw I have never heard of any psychiatrist prescribing opiates for stress.

And yes opiates have long term side effects and are prone to dependence and abuse. But when one is in severe pain, they are the only effective remedy for the symptoms. Sometimes the choices we have are not ideal.

That is my point why not prescribe opiates for stress. There are safer than benzos and most fast foods, and work better than anything That was ever marketed for stress, We know they are addicting but so is alcohol and cigarettes and many over the counter drugs , and salt and sugar are in my opinion more dangerous than opiates and are flooded to the market and over used , I cant see why they wont let people live in peace, that need these drugs they are the one that work the best

top topics

join