It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this Space Thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I was playing around with worldwidetelescope tonight it's like google earth but for space.
I found this space thing at first i thought it was a satellite but i can see through it?

Anyone have an idea what the heck it is?

you have to download the program it's free from Microsoft
www.worldwidetelescope.org...

after you download go to this link to see it.

worldwidetelescope.org/wwtweb/goto.aspx?object=No Object&ra=13.3250076660311&dec=-9.41258072374605&zoom=5.80177337069866

* I had to take out the www... part to get it to show.

Here is a screen shot
i557.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It looks like a lens flare or probably swamp gas, I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

Btw thanks for the info, I'm gonna check out this program since its the first I've ever heard of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
i guess processing errors due aproximations

In fact the sky is divided in photos ("scanned") Maybe thousands of them. Those photos are taken by different instrumets, with different characteristics. To bind these photos together, you have to scale them, rotate them, distort them, glue them, crop them, overlay them, reduce them to the same overall luminosity and contrat, and many other manipulations.
Try yourself to get a 360 degree panorama with much high details using many cameras, take all the pictures necessary, then process them to make one perfect map. After that, i would search for processing artifacts and i blame you.

[edit on 25/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Possible, serious explanation here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join