It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Massive change in 2012, are you ready?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I also feel different energy's in the air ... i feel as though i must work on my mental health/well being to become enlightened as i have a lot of anger when things don't go my way in my relationship and at work .... and i cant imagine how i would react to a magnificent change like 2012.

Thank you for the link
i will read that asap as i would like to know more about enlightenment. I think i have been going through some major changes and i have had some crazy realizations lately about myself and the world around me.

I've always felt connected to the earth and throughout the years ive been alive the world aura has changed a lot. And i feel peoples motives changing and i see the loving people coming out and they inspire me to embrace the love and enlightenment.

I dont know weather im too late or not but i know that i have to be productive and assertive about the choices i make and the thoughts that go through my mind RIGHT NOW to even have a chance to get through 2012 happily!!

Good Luck to you all, and thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I just find it interesting that this entire 2012 idea began with the Mayan Long Count Calendar which states simply that, when the calendar ends... it starts over.

The calendar starts over. Not life. There is no spiritual awakening that is going to come without your own hard work and dilligence. Enlightenment doesn't come to you, it comes from you! You don't have to wait for the sunrise on 12.21.12 to go through your spiritual awakening. Just... wake up now.

Every other idea about 2012 came after the Mayan Long Count Calendar. Since the original idea is incorrect for predictions of the end of days, then nothing that came after that could be considered with any kind of legitimacy. I'm sorry.

Everyone who believes something is going to happen to us on 12.21.12 shouldn't worry too hard on it. Don't go burning bridges in your normal life to prepare for this one day. Just be smart.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread, but this one seems more appropiate.

The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about December 21, 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a misinterpretation, yet is commonly referenced in pop-culture media as the 2012 problem.

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Horus12]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I believe its something more then destruction... there will be a cleansing so-to-speak. only the souls who evolved, who use love as their guide, and release all negative feelings, and detach from materialism will experience the wonders of 2012.... just my opinion... (can hear the bullets flying at me even b4 i post)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm going to do absolutely nothing different!

If something happens in 2012 so be it, but unless I know what that "something" is, why bother running around like a headless chicken?

Each day as it comes and as if it's always the last.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

We're you to see the title of the thread?

THEORY.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Not to come across as a complete fantasist, but I do believe that there could be a theoretical "shift in consciousness" on a collective level. May be a lot of truths about the world and about man could finally be realised, and this could in turn cause a profound shift or enhance psychic phenomena in man (perhaps a lot of latent or dormant abilities would be released from a shift in consciousness).

Or its probably just another year, and life continues as it normally does.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
2012 is going to be a bad year. Not because of any cataclysm, but because of all the crazies running around convinced that all life will end on earth.
The Christian Doomsday machine will be chugging along at full-speed, pumping out intolerance and hate.
Many fearful people will likely take their own lives for fear of Armageddon.
Global corporate interests will cash in on all the mania making record profits.
And then 2013 will roll around, and many people will feel shame at the lack of dignity and reason revealed up until the new year.

And when all is said and done, the new doomsday generation will pick a another future date as the End of Times/Apocalypse/Armageddon/Tribulation. They will choose a new 'Anti-christ', or some other figure to rally against, hiding their hate and intolerance of others behind a mask of faith.

Then that date too will pass, and the cycle will begin anew.

Every generation is the Last Generation, only they are smart enough, or prepared enough to see us through.

This is how the religious scam works, they prey on your fear and inability to think for yourself. And it's a testament to our stupidity that we keep getting caught in the same web.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Many people fear what there is not to fear. This whole enlightenment idea is a fantastic thing that everyone should not start experiencing now, you should have started in the past. It's amazing how something that is unknown, especially to our type of culture, could get everyone to start thinking clearly and methodically. Things happen all the time and we have no idea that its happening. We are all afraid of 2012, this global disaster that will rock the end of the planet, according to this theory, and how we would react. How would you react if you were stuck in a box with no way out? Honestly, what would you feel? Everyone wants to believe in this 2012 idea because they are tired of their way of life. The same routine, the same people, the same things. Violent videogames, food, movies, playing cards, wars, all are what we thrive off of nowadays. Everyone wants something exciting to happen that even a few would go through anything trying to make it happen instead of waiting like the rest of us. Every human being is different. Everyone thinks differently and nobody has the same feelings. If this world were to end, then I would sit back and think about my life. All the greatest times I shared with my family. All the things that mattered to me. We all have one shot at life, one. And I'm not going to spend the rest of my remaining days panicking and trying to better myself. We all got here because of grace and love. Something I think is GOD, gave us this life and all the joys of it. Spend it wisely folks. I personally don't believe in 2012. The end of the world could happen now. Live your lucky lives to the fullest and love. That's my enlightenment and when my time is over its over and I won't complain about it. I will forgive everyone and everything and let things take its course. I would look deep down inside myself and see a man who tried to do his best to make this world better. To love and to cherish all things that have been given to me and not want more. I would forgive myself because if a big episode like this was to happen, then that's all that would really matter.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I'm exactly where you're at buddy. I underwent some..."changes" in my thinking up until events that took place in my life last year.

Prior to 2008 I was a full-blown rational, scientific theoretician, who did not put up with any religious "nonsense." I believed that when our biological functions stopped, our conscious blinked out as well.

Here I am a year later, completely reworking my thinking. I had Out of Body Experiences last summer, vivid or lucid dreams, or whatever you want to call them. I don't know what triggered these events, but they occurred after something terrible happened and flip-turned my life upside down in Winter of 2008. In any case, I found myself arguing against the science doctrine I used to buy in to and believe in so deeply. I began asking questions, and seeking answers to said questions. I underwent a transformation for myself, and I think that I'm still undergoing this experience to some extent. I've researched various topics of interest from astrology to numerology, and while I have read some whacky articles (which usually ask you for your credit card number at the bottom), I read some very thought-provoking, interesting tales as well. All in all, I'm just not sure about anything anymore. Hell, I could be creating this reality.

While I still don't like to buy into a single, gray-bearded god, I do believe that if our consciousness is an energy pattern, there most likely is a "source" (or god if you will). I think quantum physics is starting to show signs that there is a LOT more to the universe than we originally theorized. Hell, I'll even get into crop circles. There's just no way 3 drunk Brits using planks and rope create these precisely measured formations in the dark. Granted, there have been some pretty lame hoaxes, but one such crop circle I recently saw on the web (credible source meh) depicted the solar alignment on the date of December 23rd, 2012. Honestly, this did it for me, and my once preconceived notion that 2012 would go by without ANYTHING, note I say ANYTHING, of significance occurring was tossed from the bus. I don't know what the next 4 years are going to hold. Obviously, something is happening. The sun has...stopped working...and the entire solar system is warming. That's enough for my intuition to redline and for me to throw us in 5th gear as we prepare for something. Who knows. Interesting post though.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Well I can say that you're on the right path. Personally, I haven't expierenced a OBE since 14 and it was drug induced.

I'd like to commend you though, because for along time I to believed there was a great possiblity of the nothing paradox, however I have always wanted to believe in life after "death".

This physical shell that we live in is only "physical" because our mind cannot release it's full potential, and that's proven in science. Pyschokinesis is a great example.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The key behind all this 2012 talk is, if it's going to happen then I am ready, just let it happen. The only thing we can do is maintain control & do not go psycho killing each other for food but rather work with one another to survive & create a new civilization after, base on sharing & caring for one another because obviously this current government of the world failed us miserably! Maybe it's a sign of the creator sending destruction to end the current mind control programs that is going on & we humans tend to fail ourselves from breaking out of it because we are not doing enough to wake ourselves up. i.e. not being responsible & not taking actions to end this madness.

Om Mani Padme Hum x3
Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhi Svaha x3

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am not a regular user of above top secret but my friend goes on it....alot, anyway i thought i'd give it a shot.

All this talk of "The end of the world", in my own opinion, I really don't think its going to happen, i mean come on, who can predict the end of the world, and dont say the bible because i dont believe in that aswell, people believe that the end of the world is near due to the "mayan calender" ending. The mayans who translated the calender, you didnt expect them to keep on going writing dates down do you, it had to end some where.

There is talk of something going to happen on the 21st december, something spiritual, i'm not sure about that, i'm not very enlightened but i am fairly confident in myself that the world wont end at the end of December 2012.

i'd like to hear your thoughts on my first post, i might even sign up.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i really dont care what happens 2012, i felt nothing at alll i didnt feel change,enlightment, i just felt DEAD!!!!!!! yes im very depressed right now. But i just wonder if something really did happen im jus worried about my friends family and boyfriend and where we are gonna end up after, are we all gonna end up in the same place i dont know. I really would like to stay on earth but whats the point when earth is consider as hell to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sorry but It would be easier to convince me to become a Muslim than it would to convince me 2012 is going to be any different from any other year. Some evidence as to why I should believe YOU over someone else would go a long way, Iv yet to see any.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I definitely think something is on the horizon and it does appear more and more people are becoming conscious of this - even my parents who used to be such skeptical people are actively researching this alongside a few other subjects.

Ive been interested in these sort of themes since I was younger but have only recently really become aware of some change and as a result I am looking to further awaken and enlighten myself. What I am wondering though is, could we be closer to this 'event' than we realise? 21/12/2012 is just a 24hr timescale I know the Mayan long count calender is pretty darn accurate to say the least but with our own 'meddling' of the calenders could we have misinterpreted the exact date or even year.

Could 2012 happen in one of the preceding years between now and then? I for one think something is gonna happen and I believe it will be a positive event. If its external then we cant influence it but if this reality is created by a collective consciousness then we should strive to think positively about this time and encourage others to! If nothing happens then we've lost (or gained) nothing except maybe a better more positive outylook on life and each other!

Good thread

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Raverous

Did I try and convert you into believing something was going to happen? No. I didn't. Therefore your reply epically fails. For more than one reason, also, did you not see the title? *Theory*

Your ignorance may be bliss, but it won't do you any good. I wan't something to happen in 2012, however it doesn't mean I believe something will happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join