It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is really in charge , Rahm or Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If you read this link it makes you wonder who is really calling the shots at the White house. www.nytimes.com...
When Obama told Rahm to stop making the annoying noise , Rahm gets up in Obamas face and does it again. This has to be the rudist thing I've heard someone do to his boss in front of people. From the things I've read about Rahm , maybe Obama is scared of him. Still , to show up the pres like this , is beyond reasoning.I know Rahm and Obama are Chicago politicians and are friends but this kind of childish acts is for school children not the people running our government.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
These two may have a warm and fuzzy personal relationship...but they should keep it outside the office, IMO. It's certainly un professional to do this at a business meeting with hi-profile leaders.

Personally, I think Emmanual is a loose canon. He may bite his master in the days to come. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was trying to understand how all the pieces fit together. How Rahm Emanuel became the second most powerful man in America , well according to this NYT article, then it hit me. Does anybody remember how in the early phases of this election and increasingly as the months went on all of Hollywood came out in support of Obama? Obama who at that point had only been a community organiser in Illinois and a Junior Senator who had not exactly excelled at the post to date?

"Ariel "Ari" Z. Emanuel (born in 1961 in Chicago, Illinois) is a prominent Israeli-American talent agent and founder of the Endeavor Agency in Beverly Hills, California. He represents Martin Scorsese, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, Larry David, Michael Moore, Jude Law, Matt Damon, Vin Diesel, Sacha Baron Cohen, and Mark Wahlberg, among others."

Ari

I am sure many other members will find all kinds of conspiracy links, but it is obvious that Rahm got his brother to help out for someone he felt had great potential. This would also explain why Obama would consider Rahm someone he could totally trust.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I would say Rahmbo is calling the shots.

Obama has no experience, and he only stands for what is popular at the time or if the decision is going to further his career.

Obama is about to get lead hook line and sinker into what ever Rahmbo wants him to do. When the deal with Blago went down and Rahm's name popped up it might be Rahm has some dirt to hold over Obama's head. And Obama not wanting to get caught up in a scandal doesn't want to make waves.

I know Rahm is crazy, but I would think that he would have enough sense that what he did was inappropriate and pretty much undermining Obama's authority.

Well if this is the way it is going to be for the next four years hold on to your hats.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I would say you would be hard pressed to find any politician that does NOT have a power broker lurking somewhere.

It would just seem that President Obama's is right out in the open.

Semper

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Semperfortis

Not only that they now have their criminal appointees up front and center!

All retreads as far as the eye can see.

new topics

top topics

join