It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google ready to pursue its agenda in Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Google ready to pursue its agenda in Washington

www.latimes.com

Reporting from Washington -- Another inauguration took place in Washington this week -- Google Inc. officially became a political power player.

In October, Google was only hours from being sued by the Justice Department as a Web-search monopolist. Today, less than three years after it made its first Washington hire, the Internet giant is poised to capitalize on its backing of President Obama and pursue its agenda in the nation's capital.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Its employees supported Obama and four Googlers served on his transition team. Now the Internet giant hopes to win support for so-called network neutrality and expanding high-speed Internet access.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/24/09 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't see how google has a monopoly on web search. There are plenty of other web search engines that you can use other than google. Why is the DOJ having anything to do with this?

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
thanks to Google we still have some freedom of choice.
otherwise it would be Microsoft all over.
and that in my opinion would be one step closer to NWO
and total human enslavement...
we getting there anyways...just slower.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
guaranteeing web neutrality is a very good thing
not sure where you are coming from?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon
thanks to Google we still have some freedom of choice.
otherwise it would be Microsoft all over.
and that in my opinion would be one step closer to NWO
and total human enslavement...
we getting there anyways...just slower.

Uh, yeah - just a reminder since you seem not to be very educated in this matter. Which search engine assists the Chinese Government by filtering what Chinese citizens can and cannot search for? That would be Google.

Go repeat your first sentence to folks in China and see if they agree with you.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is kindof scary in a way. This new technology would no longer require us to save data onto our computers. Data would be saved onto the web. It would eliminate using memory but the information could most likely be accessed by anyone online. Google and the CIA are apparently in cahoots now, so this may be an opportunity to make everyone's private data more accessible to them.

Also, one thing I don't understand is that computers are coming packed with so much memory, for so cheap.. why would we need to put our data on the internet??

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I can see the handyness in backing up some data online, such as pictures and what not, in case of a drive failure, but you couldn't run any decent applications from the web without serious lagging.

The time it takes for a computer to access data from a local HD far outstrips the internets ability to transfer said data to your machine. Could you imagine the load times for games which need large amounts of textures and map information to be read?

I am an avid PC gamer and I won't be running my apps from somewhere online. Information must be stored locally, otherwise games would be crap.

new topics

top topics

join