It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queens Guard Attacks Tourist - must watch video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Bit of a lack of discipline there on the soldiers part - and that particular job is ALL about discipline.

OK the kid was a bit of a wally - but the guardsman should know better.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The video says it happened on the 23rd Jan 2009, which I call BS on as the westher, the tourists dress and the greenery all point to a warmer time. especially seeing as it was absolutely pouring with rain on Friday 23rd Jan.....

As for the "assault", hardly. It was a clip.

Anyone got a link to an actual media report about it?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
funny stuff

tbh it looks more like a sketch from a kinda hidden cam show, maybe the friend was in on it, to capture the fright the tourist gets :p

just remember folks soldiers are humans too, we all have our breaking points, regardless of how well we're trained and disciplined

moral of story, don't tease a big fella holding an assault rifle

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Since when is a 23 YEAR OLD MAN considered to be a kid?

Well, I didn't realise that! I just presumed he was a kid because he was acting like one.

Disrespectful to do this to a soldier. But the soldier should have had more dicipline and ignored the twit. But at the same time, nobody can really argue that he didn't deserve it.

Good idea not to mock soldiers.

[edit on 25/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Extremely unprofessional of the Guardsman, If he cant keep his cool on public duties in London how could he expect to keep his cool when the brown stuff hits the fan?
He should be stripped of his rank of Guardsman (The rank is a privilege ) Be given the true rank of Private and put on Restriction of privileges for the next 3 months... No more NAAFI, no more weekend passes and lots of Guardhouse duty.

From a former Kingsman of the 1st Battalion The Kings Regiment

Peace

Shen Long

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
about time the guards done something aganst punks.

is one of the top uk army positions, but all they ever get is the public and tourists doing retarded tuff like that or they just stnd gawping + laughing at them. its something that always annoyed my, they deserve resect, no matter how silly they look.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
They dont look silly, they look like gaurds.

Anyway,

You see many tourists and children + visitors having a laugh knowing that there not really allowed to react, this kind of retaliation is a pretty rare event,

i dont think the fact "everyone does it" is a good enough excuse to go up and take the piss out of someone whos doing his job. Plus the guy is meant to be gaurding, with that sort of distraction going on - he might not be able to spot something hes supposed to, like a crazed guy running past with his underwear on his head ready to camp on the roof or something

About time there was a reaction.... and it was just a shove, "get away" type. ITs a bit conveniant that she stopped filming then the gaurd grabbed him booted him, no? Pfft. Rubbish.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

In the military, on occasion, to throw off any plans by opponents, we'd suddenly open fire outside our perimeter. Everyone. On signal.

It was called a "Mad Minute."

To the contrary, every once in a while, to keep the dumbass tourists and immature snots from harrassing the guards, on occasion, they should announce that "Today is Crease Kicking Afternoon."

"After high noon, any harrassing irritants, any harrassing mockers, anyone that gets in your face, you have a free pass to kick the living ***t out of them. This afternoon only."

Thus, tourists, students, punks, or even the soldiers themselves will never quite know when to try to get away with harrassing the soldiers.

Problem, offsetting solution which on occasion is fun, and behavior is certain to improve.

Damn it! You Brits are too polite sometimes!

[edit on 25-1-2009 by dooper]

[edit on 25-1-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Agreed - he seems to have the wrong temperament for that particular duty.

Maybe he should join the MP or the MPGS - can you imagine him doing that o a big group of drunken squaddies

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
WOW!
AMAZING!
TOTALLY PROOF that the world is not as it seems.
ATS exists (even with all the crap people post.............)
Thanks for uncovering such an amazing moment in time.
No really!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If I had to wear that hat and march pointlessly back and forth all damn day looking like a fool I'd probably whup someone for mocking me!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Um.... isn't to react to the tourists under *any* circumstance, a crime punishable by death? Even if.....aw wouldn't want to give anybody any ideas. I heard that one.

Anybody can make sets....

Could someone just be stirring the pot?

Had to ask.

This is so sad

I wish I could open the Utube. Could you embed it, OP?

[edit on 27-1-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

here ya go mate

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The so-called soldier was merely a pathetic suck-up fool who has chosen to participate in a farcical daily ritual which serves no more purpose whatsoever than a public circus act, all paid for by money extorted from the British population by force by his fellow suck-up government allies.

If he hasn't got anything better to do than marching up and down like a total fool all day then that's his problem. He knew he was going to look like a prat when he signed up for it.

The comments about his "pride honor and duty" just go to show how stupid the public (who are forced to pay for the nonsense) really are.

All you've got to do with people is give them a false sense of importance and look how viciously they'll attack their fellow man.

The so-called "soldier" punched kicked and hit out with a gun at a tourist for making fun of him. His so-called "pride" is now a national disgrace and shows him up for what he is - the sort of moron who has nothing better to do than dress up like a pompous ass and march up and down in public with a loaded weapon attacking tourists.

If a normal (non-suck-up) citizen did that he'd be arrested.

The fact that idiots are prepared to defend the so-called "soldier's" anti-social and violent behaviour whilst they're being forced to pay for it, proves what idiots they are.

All highly amusing.

<< 1   >>

join