It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOINC and SETI@HOME

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I set up a BOINC account a while ago and I remember reading somewhere that SETI credits would transfer to BOINC credits. Anyne know when this will happen?

xn

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The current credit you get running BOINC right now are beta credits. This is the credit you receive for running the BOINC beta test and will be separate from the credits you receive for running it when BOINC releases (out of beta).

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
cool. will they be tabulated with each other?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Soon I will join the ATS seti thing, and hope that I will be able to prcoess some hefty amounts of data for it, gteting it to 40k; p4 2.6 ghz 800, 512 pc-4000... overclockable 2 about 3.5-6... mean number cruncher?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm curious do you know how sensitive this seti search is? Could it pick up Earth if it was like 50 light years away? Remember the signal strength would only be what Earth was putting out 50 years ago. I believe the signals get weaker farther out. I thought I heard at one time we would have to get a signal aimed at us by accident or on purpose for a signal to be detected.

Sorry if you believe I'm off topic here but I'm hoping you don't mind questions on Seti.

xn

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The credit now earned using BOINC will be reset to 0 when it releases. Remember, this is a beta test. The current ATS Seti@home team will be moved over automatically to BOINC. The current ATS BOINC team is for the beta test.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xn
The credit now earned using BOINC will be reset to 0 when it releases. Remember, this is a beta test. The current ATS Seti@home team will be moved over automatically to BOINC. The current ATS BOINC team is for the beta test.

Hi xn!

Thanx for the confirmation, although the news is not especially welcomed

However, you Beta (and Alpha) testers have done a great job (and will continue to do so I'm sure!) and will make the "official" transistion to BOINC from SETI@home much easier for the likes of me, who has yet to "take the plunge"!!

Heartfelt thanx to all BOINC "trailblazers"!!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
when is boink beta going to end and the full boinc going to start?im at 90 setie data units complete dont you get a email at a 100 and will i still get that if it goes to boinc be fo then?thanks for aney info

xn

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
BOINC beta will end once about 42 bugs are fixed, which could be next month or sometime during the summer. I believe you get a certificate once you complete 100 workunits. If you move to BOINC, you won't get the certificates. However, certificates for BOINC is being planned, but no word when this will happen.

new topics

top topics

join