It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies Cause Psycological Damage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Ever since I have been watching movies even remotly related to death and/or zombies I have had a constant fear of 'them'.
Movies like Day of the Dead ( Yes, Day; not dawn.), and 28 Days Later. I don't know if that's my fear-weak-spot or something else. I'd like to know. Because this is getting in the way of my living. I think it may have been stupid to watch them, but you know the way movies can sucker you into watching them right? RIGHT?
:bnghd: :shk:
I really have no idea why such movies would do so much damage. I really don't...

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I feel the same way about Nick Cage and his films.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm a scary cat so I'm very easily being disturb by movies. Usually normal people experience the after effect of the movie for the night but for me, it takes days to not think of the movie.

I don't know but I think it's not like Psychological Damage or anything serious like that, just that after watching a horror flick you might just get psychological "kukus" but it's not perm.

got my vibe?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
some movies can definitely cause some mental affects. After first watching The Excorcist (my early teens) every fear I ever had magnified tenfold, thankfully I have since overcome it by submersing myself into even more scarier and freakier stuff. I guess some people just thrive off of fear and horror movies when seen in the right circumstances can give that affect.

it's either you watch them and be prepared to be scared for an unknown length of time or just don't watch scary movies anymore.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ok this is what I do when I watch a horror movie. I mean if you are such a scary cat like I am, but You just LOVE watching Horror flicks, this is what you do.

Go on google or any search engine, Look for spoilers to the movie. Make sure that there's no graphics. (Just be prepared for the graphics part mentally.) Or ask around for those who had watched it, what was the scariest part and what about the movie. Then pay 8.50 to your nearest cinema, get in, watch it.

This way, You wouldn't have to get too scared about the movie. Nightmares are not guranteed.

I love spoilers.

top topics

join