It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for Help - Ewing's Sarcoma in my three year old Son

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hello all. I am putting this thread out there as my little dude was diagnosed with cancer (Ewing's Sarcoma) this week. Panicked isn't the word to descibe my thoughts, but is close enough. We begin Chemothrapy on Tuesday and I just thought if any one had any helpful tips for me to consider, please post. I know we aren't alone in this fight so again, a mayday out to anyone with knowledge...thanks in advance.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i've no knowledge or wisdom to share
but wishing your son, self and family all the very best.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I know how it is. You are panicked and it seems like you are drowned in agony and pain. Some of my relatives are also currently battling cancer. For your son the most obvious action is to tell him what you truly feel about him. Spend time with him and make sure you don't waste any time. But even more important hopefully the cancer is in it's early stages and the chemo drugs don't have to be too strong. When the chemo begins to have it's pharmacological effects make sure your are there. When he vomits your presence will make it better. One thing to remember is that those battling cancer sometime want to be left alone. If your son ever gives off that vibe be sure to respect his wishes. Many times I thought that spending time with my relatives was a favor to them but all they wanted to do was be alone.
That's all I can think of as to the best method on how to approach this. Hopefully your son will get thought this. Best of luck.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you, this must be so difficult to cope with. I hope your little boy will get through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Attitude is everything.

Nutrition is right up there beside it. Have had reasonable experience with Gerson therapy.

According to many nutritionists cancer is fed by sugar. Therefore, sugar should be avoided. Please google Gerson Therapy.

Also, important is stimulation of the natural immune system. I would recommend a 'proper' reiki practitioner (there's a lot of charlatans out there).

I know where you are coming from. Anything is worthwhile when a member of your family has cancer. Leave no stone unturned.

I will be sending some reiki over to your son every night before I sleep.

We all very much care about this. It's an awful situation, bit you WILL get through it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I know admittedly little about this particular cancer, but I did a bit of searching online for helpful information. We have had a few children develop cancer in our family, and the parents have unanimously said that the internet is wonderful for tips regarding the alleviation of discomfort, setting up the proper home environment, and the like, while joining support groups or discussing the issue with the parents of other ill children can be harmful. The problem seems to be that these groups can often exacerbate the pain and worry the parents are already feeling, due to the overwhelming presence of other families' anguish. Of course, many people find these groups helpful--I only want you to approach them with a bit of necessary caution. I did locate the following webpage, created by a family whose son survived Ewing's Sarcoma. It has several pages of advice relating to nausea alleviation, home preparation, etc. as well as an extensive (I do mean extensive) collection of links for everything from support groups and associations to medical journals, survival pages and helpful books. www.cureourchildren.org...

I'm sorry I can't provide anything more than this. I wish your family only the best during this difficult time.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens We begin Chemothrapy on Tuesday and I just thought if any one had any helpful tips for me to consider, please post.

I would consider speaking to a Naturopathic Doctor to see if there is something that could be offered to complement the Chemo, or make the side effects any easier. This would require an oncologist that is open to such things, and they aren't all.

Trust in your Doctors...there is no 'conspiracy' in standard treatment, and they want the best for your lad. But if you can do a little on the side, it could make a difference as well. I'd think about Essiac, but don't you let the 'alternative' treatment types make you nuts.

It has to be tough for such a young'un...I've fought my battle in my 50's. Good luck to you all.

Self edit to say that paperplanes' comments about support groups are quite helpful, and one way to talk to others without necessarily taking on their grief as well, is to use an on-line discussion group. Some looking will connect you with your peers, and you can interact on your schedule, at your comfort level. I encourage you to do so...I found it very helpful myself.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
there's also interesting results with the DNA stimulation properties (alleged) of binaural beats, for battling cancer

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. All I can offer is my hope and prayer that your little one gets better soon and that the chemo does not make him too sick.

All my best wishes.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
you are asking for help re your sons illness. i can say that if you changed his diet he can be cured and cured fast if done right...
he must drink plently of water,,,,no cooked food whatso ever.
plenty and organic fruits, and vegetables and greens....greens are very important....let him chew on cilantro or any greens (lettuce etc)
all the fruit he wants but hope they are organic and have seeds in them....very important to have the seeds in the fruit ...not hybridized fruit. eat sprouts and drink rejuvelac
email me at [email protected]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Hi, My son was diagnosed with cancer when he was 2 years old. He is now 21 and well. It will be tough but do what the oncology doctors say. Chemo is really rought, my son's hair fell out in one day. Please get yourself a pysch. It is the ONLY thing that kept me alive for him. I will pray for you. Just know there are a lot of support out there for you.
Peace and love. Diana

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Please U2U me and I will give you some ideas, I do not want to post them online as i am not actually a doctor. Best of luck.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here's a few links that may give you the kind of support and help you need to deal with your son's illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless

www.chop.edu...

www.acor.org...

www.ourkidswithcancer.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm really sorry to hear of your boys sickness CJ. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but it's things like this where people need to look beyond their differences.

I will pray for him. God is able to heal any sickness. I believe it because I have seen His awesome power.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi ColoradoJens,

I'm kinda new at posting a response on ATS, but if you contact me privately, I might have an idea for you. I guess we do a u2u - so if you send me a message there, I will respond. I live in CO also, so it is possible we could talk in person if you want after we email.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the kind words and advice. I am learning more about sugar "feeding" the cancer and we have already implemented change in the diet. Attitude is paramount and my little guy is a pistol, so that should help. Again, thank you for your thoughts and ideas...I need them right now...I am going to compile these and if I forget a quick response forgive me...thanks again.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens I am learning more about sugar "feeding" the cancer and we have already implemented change in the diet. Attitude is paramount and my little guy is a pistol, so that should help.

I'd agree that processed foods are to be dialed back, and simple sugars are said to feed cancers. However, don't let folks burden you with prohibitions. Right now, trust the doctors, and see what complementary medicine can add.

Lot's of people will tell you what you ought to do...but very few would bet their kids on it. Your mental health is a big deal, too, so take care of yourselves as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by ColoradoJens I am learning more about sugar "feeding" the cancer and we have already implemented change in the diet. Attitude is paramount and my little guy is a pistol, so that should help.

I'd agree that processed foods are to be dialed back, and simple sugars are said to feed cancers. However, don't let folks burden you with prohibitions. Right now, trust the doctors, and see what complementary medicine can add.

Lot's of people will tell you what you ought to do...but very few would bet their kids on it. Your mental health is a big deal, too, so take care of yourselves as well.

Thanks for that - we're going to trust them but are in the process of getting a second opinion regarding the diagnosis as Ewings is 1 in 3million at age 3 - not that we don't trust them, we just need to be sure - and yeah, the nurses were rolling their eyes this past Friday as my son, on day four inthe hospital for all the tests to see if it has spread, he can't eat the whole time practically, inhales a slurpee and slim jim. I mean, this weekend we're not holding back. Starting monday, we're going to come down hard. Thank god I can still faintly remember being healthy about ten years ago. It's time to kick it back in for all of us.! Thanks again.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
I'm really sorry to hear of your boys sickness CJ. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but it's things like this where people need to look beyond their differences.

I will pray for him. God is able to heal any sickness. I believe it because I have seen His awesome power.

This is why I am a member of this site. I think all of us ultimately like a good challenge and there are many intelligent people here such as yourself who can provide one. Hubris (and the occasionaly pint) have been my downfall here...but regardless, thanks. I truly believe that the positive effect of prayer will play a role in his recovery and we can use all we can get - thank you again for the note.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Here's a few links that may give you the kind of support and help you need to deal with your son's illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless

www.chop.edu...

www.acor.org...

www.ourkidswithcancer.org...

sad-eyed-lady,

thank you for these links. I am gathering them with a file of links and will go through them soon. There is quite a lot out there, but man, this one is a kicker as it is sooo rare. I appreciate your prayers and thank you for responding; clearly you are a good person. God bless.

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join