It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France to patrol Gaza waters????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

France said on Friday it was sending a frigate to patrol international waters off the Gaza coast, but few other concrete measures have been announced. "We have to wait and see. It will be tested by the results," a senior Israeli official said

Yahoo News

I am surprised for two reasons:
1)Someone else appears that they will be doing something, besides Israel and the US.

2)It is to be France.

I do agree, it will take their first "contact" with a foreign (Iranian/Syrian) ship headed to Gaza to make a complete judgement.
That said, It is a great start.

Now, once they (French) prove themselves, then there will be a serious and legitimate reason for Israel to move it's Navy home/off to other area's.

If that works, then, perhaps, a similar effort can be made for "inside" Gaza proper.
That would be a MUCH more difficult task to do-chasing Hamas mortar/rocket launchers.
That said, I would like to see it happen, I would also be interested in what they would do when it does happen???

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all.

France made Israel a Nuclear power before...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
All the Israelis have to do is dress up in WWII Kriegsmarine uniforms, and the French will surrender. It's automatic.

Of course, if Britain shows their flag, the French navy will surrender to them too.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I hope the French brought plenty of white handkerchiefs....they are so easy to whip, a 5 yr old can do it. Not like Bonapartes army....

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This scares me a little...not because of thePatrolling, but because its France.
Since when does France get into anything?
The only reason I can see France getting in the middle of some bs like this is to prepare for something much bigger, maybe even France knows that
something big is going down? Maybe its paranoia, who knows, something new for thought.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
This scares me a little...not because of thePatrolling, but because its France.
Since when does France get into anything?
The only reason I can see France getting in the middle of some bs like this is to prepare for something much bigger, maybe even France knows that
something big is going down? Maybe its paranoia, who knows, something new for thought.

I think the same, since when does france to anything? It seems odd that france would do this. Maybe france wants to show obama they arent pussys.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's complete tripe in my opinion. It's nothing more than a show of solidarity between the French and the Israel's. I don't believe Hamas or any of the other factions within Palestine use the sea as a means of acquiring Arms.

new topics

top topics

join