It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello....I am new here looking for "truth" about UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I am a flight attendant. I have worked in the 70's at the Mercury Nevada Test Site. I wish I could say I have experienced something but I have not.

I came here searching for some sort of credible fact about who we are, why we are here and why is there so much hocus pocus about extratesterrial events and beings. It seems that a small group of people knows, our government knows, The History Channel knows but we don't know. I just finished watching a movie called "The Forgotten with Julianne Moorea. That was enlightening......is it true. There was no information as to the writer or where the story came from yet it was a duplication of things my 72 yr old neighbors talk about all the time.

They say we are an experiment put here by Aliens and our religion means nothing. What do all of you think? I would like your opimions and any facts if you have them.
Thanks for your help

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
First of all welcome to ATS, the best site on the web. I unfortunatley, do not believe in Aliens, I do believe in UFO's however. UFO"s are probably sercret government aircrafts, much like the Predator Unmanned Aircraft, but quicker and saucer like. Personally, Aliens are possible if you believe that a mixture of chemicals can create life and through evolution create complex life forms. That is up to the questioner, I however, do not believe that life could not possibly exist on another planet, because I do not believe in Evolution (Ape like creature, slowly changeing into a human, never made sense to me).

Yeah I know sounds cliche, and I am sorry. But if aliens existed and they visit, crash there ufo's and contact people, why do we have lack of photographs? Why do we have lack of evidence. The government is quick to repond to these type of things, but not that quick. Anyone could take a picture of an alien pretty quickly.

UFO's are secret government crafts. Look at the B-12 stealth bomber and other types of weapons we have. We do not want to make everything that we hold public, nor do we want other nations to get our technology. It is important to have the upper hand on things. Like The Manhattan Project, the project was only known between 3 people for a reason. Then the whole world new about it when we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

If anything "aliens" could be used to control the masses to usher in the NWO and disprove religions once and for all. Its a NWO fact that religions must be destroyed and what better way then to disprove all of them at once. Through alien disclosure.....

Now you will find others to disagree with me and that is fine, because we all must learn to respect others and unify ourselves, by accepting others beliefs and personality. The community here on ATS is a welcoming community and I hope you enjoy the atmosphere as well as to meet new friends...

Deny Tyranny and Deny Tyrants..

Peace,
~TheMythLives

[edit on -06002009-01-24T15:14:45-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 24 Jan 2009 15:14:45 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Amerfa

The 'truth' about ufos and aliens. My advice would be to look over some of the posts posted by people such as Internos, Phage and easynow... there are many more good posters these are just 3 that come to mind staright away.
The truth will be impossible to find though.
When you come to a conclusion stop reading, log off and never come here again... this is because you will read something a few moments later that will change your conclusion and you will be forever changing your mind, each day becoming more frustrated with the fact that the more you learn the further away the truth seems.
The truth is out there but hell knows where.
Seriously though, keep trawling through the posts and the links within.

Here is part 1 of 3 Nasa ufo films. These have caused a lot of debate.

Then maybe check this out from 2hrs 10mins.
video.google.co.uk...

I personally am undecided, I know what I want to believe but can't just yet.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hi Amerfa,
I dont post here ( my first one accually!) but I've been reading this site for years, I ve probably read every Ufo book in existance. Talked to multitudes of people with exspereinces over the years. Its been a 25 year old hobby of mine.
As much as I would want the UFO phenomon to be true, that is abductions, aliens, extraterestrial blah blah blah. ( with the exception of military craft)
I feel after 60 or so years of UFOlogy, there is still ZERO objective empirical evidence.
But people want to beleive SO bad, they become irrational to the point that they will start to accuse you of being ignorant if you dont have the faith.
UfOism, like Mormonism is the New Religion of America.
A phenomenon interesting in itself.
most every UFO video Ive ever seen on YouTube is lacking and explainable, and does nothing to answer the questions.
I want more than anyone to know the truth of whats out there. But this whole UFOism scene is so currupted with fraud, hoax, nutjobs, and people who reject Critical thinking, Logic, Rational Thought, Skepticism and the Scientific Method... that this whole UFOism has mutated into a faith-based religion-cult that labels doubters as Heretics and Apostates.
My advice is to stay away... %99.99 of the time it a complete waste of time.

Just my thoughts.. . I better go before I get burned at the stake.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS. Sorry, but I have too inform you, you won't find any UFO's here. All we've got here is: Lanterns, balloons, birds, planes, balls, kites, Venus, sky-divers, street lamps, pieces of bubble gum stuck on the camera lens, frisbies, insects, trash can lids and a few shape shifting reptilians.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Peace.

[edit on 24uSaturday09/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by Amerfa

The 'truth' about ufos and aliens. My advice would be to look over some of the posts posted by people such as Internos, Phage and easynow... there are many more good posters these are just 3 that come to mind staright away.

The 3 that were mentioned are tremendous resources regarding UFO research as well as solid sources for thought provoking arguments. I might also recommend RFBurns, very intelligent, well read and researched individuals. There are many more here as I’m sure you’ll find.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amerfa

Hi,here are a few good introductory films/presentations on the subject:
Richard Dolan:

Google Video Link

Disclosure interviews:

Google Video Link

John Greenewald Junior:

Google Video Link

It has begun:

Google Video Link