It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to correct your marital status on myspace/facebook!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

A British man who murdered his wife after becoming enraged when she changed her relationship status on Facebook to "single" was jailed for at least 18 years late Thursday.
Edward Richardson, 41, stabbed wife Sarah, 26, to death in a "frenzied and brutal" attack at her parents' home in Biddulph, central England, last May after she altered her profile on the Internet social networking site.

The couple had been living apart since the previous month, said Fiona Cortese, a spokeswoman for the Crown Prosecution Service, which is responsible for prosecuting cases in England and Wales.

"Richardson became enraged when Sarah changed her marital status on Facebook to single and decided to go and see her as she was not responding to his (text) messages," Cortese said.

"He gained entry by breaking the front door window and made his way into the property.

"Once inside, he found Sarah in her bedroom and subjected her to a frenzied and brutal attack with a knife and then attempted to take his own life."

Even when she attempted to change her status to single when she is still legally married, she should be aware of the consequences of changing her status that other people could see and perceive.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Even when she attempted to change her status to single when she is still legally married, she should be aware of the consequences of changing her status that other people could see and perceive.

I know! I can't believe she didn't realize that she'd be brutally stabbed to death by changing her Facebook status. I mean, really, what a moron!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
holy christ.. that dude is crazy
sorry for the one-liner, but i had to comment on this

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I wonder if he changed his facebook status to:

REALLY ANGRY!

On a serious note, this is pretty messed up... I mean talk about overreacting, obviously the guy wasn't thinking rationally. He probably saw it and then snapped, or was on some kind of drugs.

Just my guess.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I know right?!? Cause everyone expects their past significant other to go nuts and murder them!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
wow, greenbaum'd much?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The fact that it's Facebook doesn't really make any difference. He could have overheard it in a conversation or read it in a text message or email or whatever and it would have had the same effect.

The fact is that this guy is a mentalist.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by malganis

I agree with that. It's not about Facebook, it's about this guy finally realising that he had lost control over her. It's like "if I can't control you, nobody else can either".
He probably couldn't even work out why she didn't want him anymore.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It says in the original post that they were SEPERATED for at least a month.
So technically these days, it is SINGLE.
(I very rarely hear the word SEPERATED anymore regarding marital status.
It's either married, divorced or single.)

So if she's no longer married but not yet divorced, she is "newly" single.

OP I can't believe that you felt that this guy was justified in doing this.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
how the hell do you even change your martial status anyway?!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ok, Malganis, I have to ask...why is Satan wearing a fanny pack?

Enquiring minds want to know....

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
at least 18 yrs? where was this england, ah no wonder.

I should apply for a serious crime punsihment inventor.

This guy should at least get his eyes gouged out and then drop him off in the middle of some carnvore infested jungle.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
What an ass.. sorry I just had to say it. Someone killing their wife because she changed her marital status and didn't text back. I hope he burns in hell for this.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
She was being passive-aggressive by changing her status to "single," even if she were estranged from her husband. She obviously did not want to work it out, and she was probably foolish for not seeing the signs before she married him. She was probably just horny and looking for a piece of dick, and that's why she married this guy in the first place.

The guy was off his rocker, so you can't really place all of the blame on him. If anything his parents should be blamed for letting him out of his cage past visiting hours.

Something tells me that these specimens met over the Internet.

Yet another reason why pre-martial counselling should be mandatory.

top topics

join