It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Aids for Meditation and Contacting Higher Realms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was wondering what people have experienced in tools for meditation or higher consciousness.

Example: Crystals, Pyramids, Essential oils, charms, spells, incantations, etc...

I have experimented with many different mediums, as I am sure many of you have also, it would be nice to here successful results, or are all the tools right inside us and we need nothing but ourselves.

Guided meditation used to work wonders for me, but I hit a plateau then it just didn't work anymore.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi Realtruth...

I've had a lot of success with both crystals and essential oils, either on their own, or in a particular combination. This is a HUGE subject, which would run to many pages of me wittering on about endless possibilities, but here are some ideas for you to try out to start with.

The prime essential oil to use for meditation is Frankincense. It works at the crown chakra, and allows it to open gently enough to increase awareness, but is also extremely protective...it's no accident that many religions use the burning of frankincense in their rituals, both to help meditation and spiritual contact, but to cleanse the space and protect the people involved. I often use a combination of Frankincense and Jasmine in a burner, just a couple of drops of each, as I find the musky, earthy nature of Jasmine relates well to the kind of work I do, and corresponds with the angelic realms. It's entirely up to you, though....Frankincense on it's own is just fine. Rosewood is also very powerful stuff to work with. I would recommend Valerie ann Worwood's book "The Fragrant Heavens" for more information.

As for crystals...you have a huge choice yet again. Obviously clear quartz is a good choice, expecially if you can get hold of one of the rare esoteric configurations, such as a bridge, window, tabular, and so on. Other crystals specifically used for meditation include apophyllite points, which provide a gateway to higher realms, and kyanite, in both the blue and black forms, if you can get them. These are especially useful if used together, as they will simultaneously increase awareness, and provide grounding.

This leads me to a really important point...please remember to ground after meditation...try tourmaline, obsidian, smoky quartz, anything metallic such as hematite, and an earthy oil such as patchouli or oakmoss. If you leave yourself ungrounded, you're asking for headaches, nausea, confusion and sleep problems, as well as chakras left too open and sensitive for everyday existence.

This is by no means a full list...there is a lot more to learn and work with here, but I hope this gives you a bit of a start, and please let me know if I can help you more. I could blether for hours about this.

Cait xx

[edit on 24-1-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Well i use a simple meditation called Heart Chakra Meditation.

I have used incense and scented ccandles while i meditate, that seems to work.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Or are all the tools right inside us and we need nothing but ourselves.

I tend to think it is in our selves, things liek oils, spells, incense, and other material stuff is good, but it is not essential.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Cait, thanks for that! I´m interested in herbs and such. I´ve been looking for a big book on druid herbalism or something of that nature. Especially what plants are good for who. I just got some big lights in my room to start growing stuff, I love plants. Frakinsence eh?

I´d love to hear more.

I burn sage because its easy to get, it takes only a couple days to dry out if you buy it fresh.. it really helps to calm and relax you prior to meditation, it smells good,, etc.

My neighbor is part native canadian and he hooked me up with a little bit of sweet grass, its quite nice but burns too fast. Sage is good, it burns fast but you just gotta let it smoke away and you don´t need much.

I used to have some clear quartz and I maybe used it only a couple times. I used to stare at it by my computer, I never used it. I recently lost it in the jungle during a certain ceremony where I felt it helped my ailing stomach. I meant to give it to the shaman, maybe he got it after all, just not directly from me.

I had a piece of moldavite for a few weeks as well as black quartz but it fell off my neck and I was saddened to see it go. I think my subconscious at the time was telling me not to use it as a crutch. Still beneficial though no doubt. The moldavite is rare rock created by a certain meteor impact in the czech republic. It used to be a gift to royalty apparently.. it makes a nice chiming sound, its translucent and green, kind of looks like supermans kryptonite, its probably what it was based off. Its the star gem.

Its supposed to be a very high vibrational crystal.

Moldavite, look it up. You can get it a little piece of it as is or in a necklace for like 50 - 100 bucks.

I´ll tell you one thing NOT to use though.. or if you do be careful.. metals such as iron. I read stories of ancient egyptians wearing gold and how this has become a trend to this day.. the priestess´s would wear it because of its high conductivity to nullify some of their energy, which was too powerful and in this book they talked about how removing the gold when healing a person resulted in his death and the consequential stoning of the priestess. This story was from a past life regression in Delores Cannon´s ¨The Convoluted Universe¨book series. They are great.

But anyways.. recently I put an iron bracelet of a ying yang on and after 10 minutes I was feel wrist pain, it was totally draining me I felt.

I´m sure it would be different if it was magnetised properly to ensure a good flow of energy. I was experimenting with a magnetic bracelet for a whle but decided to stop wearing it.

just be careful with some things, and be sure to monitor how you react to them. Listen to your subconscious!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I used to have some clear quartz and I maybe used it only a couple times. I used to stare at it by my computer, I never used it. I recently lost it in the jungle during a certain ceremony where I felt it helped my ailing stomach. I meant to give it to the shaman, maybe he got it after all, just not directly from me. I had a piece of moldavite for a few weeks as well as black quartz but it fell off my neck and I was saddened to see it go. I think my subconscious at the time was telling me not to use it as a crutch. Still beneficial though no doubt.

How many stones have you lost?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
none. They all get to the right person and fullfill their purpose.

They just need to carry my energies I guess.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

ahhhh i see

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Heart Chakras Radience
please all read between the lines, is not what it seems. Take care one and all and all for one. Take care Many false prophets have come

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hi guys...

Caveman...I'm glad that was useful and Moldavite is a really interesting substance to work with, but please be very careful with it. I wouldn't recommend it for beginners at all, as it's just too high powered and can be over whelming. However, if you are looking for your real path in life and it's not clear to you, Moldavite could help you find it very easily, but the process could well be like a meteor strike hitting your life...not pleasant, but productive.

As for herbs, these are also very useful, and especially if you blend your own incense to burn on the charcoal disc. I *love* the smell of sweetgrass! I will put together a little "how to" thing for you if you are interested, and a more comprehensive list of crystals and oils if you need. But easy does it...don't want to blow your circuits too early on...these are more powerful than you might expect.

more later...

Cait

[edit on 24-1-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ok...I knew I had this somewhere....I used to run crystal workshops and this was part of my notes on the subject. Lemme know if you have any questions.

CRYSTALS FOR MEDITATION

Clear Quartz-an excellent healing stone, good for communicative meditation and guidance. Very easy to programme and work with, and will store, amplify and send energy on your behalf.

Apophyllite-excellent for deep meditation, astral projection, clairvoyance and dream work. Will help with mental clarity and channelling. Good for self control and clearing negative thought patterns.

Angelite-very grounding, helping creativity and expression, reducing fear and increasing faith. Useful for spiritual guidance, particularly with the angelic realms. Strengthens connection with the Universe.

Selenite-very gentle, female, patient energies, and will help to uncover the root of any problem or blockage. Very good for meditation and any spiritual work that requires support and patience.

Blue Lace Agate-extremely supportive and protective, and will help you move to a high spiritual space in meditation. Calming for stressed minds and hot tempers, will act as a sedative when placed on Third Eye.

Kyanite-provides a higher and broader level of awareness, allowing for new ideas and positive thought. Good for meditation, peacefulness and communication. Calms stirred up emotions and will help you de-stress.

Black Obsidian-a protective and very grounding stone, and a powerful screen against negativity. Expands the consciousness and helps dissolve old restrictive behaviour patterns. Increases perception and psychic awareness.

HOW TO USE YOUR MEDITATION CRYSTALS

The first thing you should do when your crystals arrive and before any meditation session, is cleanse them..

This is a very easy process with a few simple rules and it’s a good idea to get into the habit of cleansing your crystals every time you use them. There are two methods you need to use here.

Firstly, Clear Quartz, Apophyllite, Blue Lace Agate and Black Obsidian can simply be washed under running water, while you visualise all the old energy and negativity being cleared from them. Sit them on a clean paper towel and let them air dry.

Angelite and Selenite need a little more care, however, as both are soft minerals that would be damaged by water. Use Sage incense sticks to cleanse them, simply by lighting the stick and blowing out the flame allowing it to smoulder, and passing each crystal in turn through the smoke for a few seconds, again visualising all the old energy clearing from it. This method can be used for any crystal.

Kyanite doesn’t need cleansing, as it’s one of only two minerals that doesn’t store negativity or old energy.(The other is Citrine)

Now you’ve cleansed your crystals, you can dedicate and programme them to work with you.

Clear Quartz is the only one that can be truly programmed, so hold it in your hands at your heart chakra and say something like this…

“ I intend that this crystal be my guide and ally in my spiritual and meditation work, and will help me progess in all directions for my own highest good.” Use words that feel right to you.

Don’t worry too much about the language being “correct”…just keep your statement positive and meaningful to you. Your quartz will hold this programme till you cleanse it again.

All your other crystals have their own programme already, so all you have to do is dedicate them..

Again, hold them at your heart chakra, and ask that they work with you, and bring you energy in your spiritual and meditation work.

Many people worry about not meditating “properly”. Apart from making sure you have comfort and privacy for a short while, all that’s really important is that you follow your instincts, and do what feels right for you. Start with 5 minutes twice a day, and don’t worry if your attention wanders to start with. A little bit of practise make a huge difference to how easy you find meditation, so gift yourself a few minutes twice a day and you will soon feel results. It also might help if you keep a journal of times and subjects, as well as any feelings that surfaced during your meditation. When choosing a crystal to work with, again trust your instincts. Choose whichever one feels right to you at that moment, and hold it or place it wherever you feel is best, either holding it in you hand or placing it on your altar or table near you.

After your meditation, it’s really important that you get yourself grounded again. Hold your Black Obsidian for a while, or place it under your bare feet on the floor. Take yourself outside for a moment or walk the dog, and imagine that you’re growing tree roots down from the soles of your feet into Mother Earth. This will anchor you properly and ensure that you get the most from your meditation time.

Enjoy!

Cait xx

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by darcon

Heart Chakras Radience
please all read between the lines, is not what it seems. Take care one and all and all for one. Take care Many false prophets have come

Heart Chakra Radiance is just a simple meditation i suggested, nothing more, nothing less, take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Wonderful information thank you caitlinfae.

I already have everyone of Valerie's books she is brilliant and that is an understatement. I was never an essential oil person until I used one of her oil mixture and it worked exactly like she stated.

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Hi Realtruth...

Rosewood is also very powerful stuff to work with. I would recommend Valerie ann Worwood's book "The Fragrant Heavens" for more information.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have read a long time ago on Astral Projection that Magnets can help out some with exiting the body.

Here is a link, just use Google to search its site for more info on them.

www.astralvoyage.com...
Electromagnetic Wave Therapy
Another area I'm thinking of pursuing is electromagnetic wave therapy. This company states that the human body is surrounded by an electromagnetic field and that the use of pulsed electromagnetic waves can induce such side effects as physical vibrations and pulsing. But I think they only ship to the UK so I'll have to have it shipped there to an acquaintance I know, and then have them ship it back here to the U.S. If you're interested, their link is
www.thebodymagnetic.com...

Remember I have not tried this I am just adding something I have seen a while ago and might help.

[edit on 1/24/2009 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 1/24/2009 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Get yourself into a float tank (sensory deprivation tank) -
and watch the fun begin - (after a bit of discomfort)

www.floattank.com...

You'll get to know yourself and the energy that surrounds you -
and the energy that doesn't surround you.

I was able to spend up to 3 hours in a tank - comfortably.
Even after years of meditation - nothing compares to this.

Great stuff.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Someone also told me that Native American sweat lodges are very successful in reaching higher levels of awareness, but I have yet to try on.

I believe there are a couple of them near me, but I will have to check and see.

Anyone have any experience with these?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Indeed, I could feel its power at all times, it was great. It seemed to increase the frequency of profound universal thoughts as well while just walking or whatnot.

I´m confident I can allign all my energies without crystals but it would be nice to use them more, I currently have none.

My ascendent ares likes challenges, bring it on.

If i wasn´t so determined to do everything on my own I´d go somewhere to get some crystal healing. Something to allign higher energies and more subtle ones.

Thanks again cait, i´d love to hear more.

Right now I´m working on very subtle levels. Trying to deprogram myself in a sense to the use of higher powers.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
quick question all..I recently started meditating again, without any frankincense for protection, etc..but I do visualize a light shield around mysef, so I feel that I am protected(I have a talent for shielding myself). however, I've not been grounding myself after..besides headaches, etc.. any real danger if I don't?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker
quick question all..I recently started meditating again, without any frankincense for protection, etc..but I do visualize a light shield around mysef, so I feel that I am protected(I have a talent for shielding myself). however, I've not been grounding myself after..besides headaches, etc.. any real danger if I don't?

No danger, but it does leave you off balance and feeling drained, sometimes sick, etc..

It's good to ground yourself after, if you want a sure fire grounding method take a bath with salt in it, this will do two things cleanse and ground.

new topics

top topics

join