It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starns Mothman:Is it a Hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This is a photo of an alleged "Mothman". It looks like just a couple of green lights than a mothman. Go on ahead and give me your opinion, I'd like to hear them!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, as usual, its hard to say, but my first impression is that its either a man hiding behind two green LED's or flashlights. He's got arms and hands and I see no evidence of wings. Without wings, he's just a catapiller man.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfriend

The eyes glowed red, not green; Mothman was always reported standing or flying, not creeping on the ground; and the person photographed here has hands, which were not reported on Mothman. The photo is probably a hoax.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I call BS on this one, it looks like the floorlights off a car.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

the person photographed here has hands, which were not reported on Mothman.

I don't see any hands on this thing. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

P.S:Sorry I don't have any larger photos, this was the largest I could find.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I just got a new update on the larger photo, while I was browsing Google. Here it is:

It look's like it's sitting on the wall Starn is photographing. So, it definitively looks hoaxed. So, unless anyone has a contradiction, I'd say Case Closed.

I hope this photo helps you guys and girls. It really did to me.

[edit on 1/26/2009 by Dragonfriend]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
looks like a german shepard which would explain the "glowing" actually reflecting eyes (dog eyes reflect light much more than human eyes). Also the hoaxer just has his/her hands near the dog while hiding his/her head& body

for example

[edit on 26-1-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

That is exactly what I just told my husband. That is someone hiding behind a dog with big ears!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just looked at the creature's eyes, and I noticed that you could clearly see the background behind it. But if you look closer, you see two figures behind the lights, and the dark thing around the alleged "cryptid" could just be a tent. So, I think it's just a couple of guys out camping when they heard something and took there green LED flashlights out to investigate. We should inform Hasbro!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by hiii_98

That is exactly what I just told my husband. That is someone hiding behind a dog with big ears!

That's what I saw, too.

Honestly, I think someone grabbed this from someone else's photo album, darkened it up a bit, and posted it as an "OMG! MOTHMAN!!!" photo without actually reading anything about Mothman.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I would ask the question: are there people that would actually believe that that was not a hoax? Jesus, two HUMAN hands reaching above a wall with some head in camo and lights in the eyes?!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I see a dog. Maybe I see hands, but they could just be bits of tree or plant that look a bit like hands, either conveniently placed or otherwise.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I see a German shepherd's ears...behind the eyes. And then two human hands...

Crazy picture though. If you just look at it once lol

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
First of all I just want to say hello to all my fellow ATSers. I have been a faithful reader for almost a year now, and a member for a few weeks.

That is exactly what I see. I see a German Shepard. And the "hand" looks like a fern leaf(or leaves to be more specific).

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

My apologies, I observed the thing closer and did see hands. I am truly sorry. I didn't even need to get my eye's checked! Whoopee!

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Dragonfriend]

[edit on 2/15/2009 by Dragonfriend]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It looks like a man crouching behind a pillars.

new topics

top topics

join