It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sit X has just happend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ok the Sit X that has just occurred.

Here is the link.

Flooding and home's without electricity.

Would you need to bug out ????? This would depend on your area at the time.

Ok this is on main land Europe but this type of natural disaster could happen to any of us at any time.

Are you prepared ???

Take a look at the story, and think what are my preparations if this happened to me ?
Do you have clean drinking water during / after a flood ?? do you have the means to heat and cook ?? do you have back up light ?? Do you have food in a water tight container ??

This is a sitx alot of people may find themselves in and it is shocking how many people are ill prepared to deal with this.

Take this opportunity to run through your's and your family's survival and safety plans and check on any equipment that would be used during such a sitx. It may just save your life.

This thread also runs with my other thread of Bugging in, are you ready ???

Regards

Colec

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What are the chances of this happening in the US? Thats pretty nasty, I also noticed that CNN only reported it for like 5 minutes and then jumped back to its normal stuff, and i changed the channel.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Remember hurricanes, yes it can and does happen in the U.S. Another nice misleading post.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I havent seen anything about this yet But my satelite has been out a few weeks they are coming to fix it next week. But one thing I always recommend folks to have is some solar lights in there yard so they can use them in the house when power goes out. I also have some of those crank lights and a crank up radio. It keeps the kids busy when the power goes out but they dont last long on a charge. You can always buy those cheap stick up lights to hang on the wall as well. I use those for kids rooms during a power outage, and they make great night lights. They are about $1 each. So if your not ready and need some things there is a few ideas for lights. I always keep a barrel full of water in the house anways. And some extra jugs of water. And always make sure to have powdered milk around you may need it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This thread it out there to wake people up.

A sitx remember is not only war or a nuclear blast.
A sitx does not always require you to grab you bug out bag ( BOB ) and run to the hills.

This thread just highlights the need to be prepared for what ever man or nature may throw at any of us and any given time.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I like this thread because when you tell someone you have a kit ready to leave home they think you're a nut job! They think you are thinking of nuclear war, biological terror, government takeover etc. When in fact there are more than enough situations which happen every day around the world.

Nice thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
That is so very true, Like here in North Carolina we just had all that Bitter cold and the power kept flicking. I went out to the shed and grabbed the kerosene Heater just in case if my central air went out and my lamps. Then we got the snow last week so once again in it came but I keep stuff like that around just in case. One never knows what will happen. I also usually keep plenty of fruit snacks and granola bars around just in case if we cant cook. But I also have a little propaine gas stove if that is ever needed and an extra tank of gas for it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
What are the chances of this happening in the US? Thats pretty nasty, I also noticed that CNN only reported it for like 5 minutes and then jumped back to its normal stuff, and i changed the channel.

Ever heard of a hurricane?
Google hurricane Ike.
Did a bit of damage.
I went down to Galveston the day before yesterday and the beach I've fished off of every summer since I was a kid is gone.
It's just waves against the seawall.
Lots of damage still.

Yep, I'd say the chances are pretty good.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Ah sorry, did not see that it was just a hurricane. CNN just said high winds and that was it. My mistake.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

No, you weren't wrong. It was high winds, but the technical term isn't that important. Nature is not under our control. Disasters have always happened and they will continue. It's just part of life.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I really feel that every would be / want to be survivalist you take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the survival forum and draw up a list of what they themselves may encounter during their lives.

Making plans and being prepared but also being prepared to adapt is the core value of being a survivalist.

top topics

join