It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baroness Tonge: "Israel stands accused of war crimes witnessed by the whole world"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here we go again
When will this crap end

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by setfree

And what about the war crimes that Hamas has committed against the people of Gaza? Hamas are cowards that use women and children as human shields, why arent they being charged with crimes?? What about the crime of attacking Israel on a daily basis before Israel took matters into their own hands?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Lets face it..Israel wants all the land in Gaza and they have been making life unbearable for the Palestinians. Those people didnt stand a chance...if Israel didnt want to target civilians ..why didnt they get all the children and women to safe ground.

www.tlaxcala.es...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinoza73
Both sides wrong, sigh. It's easy to see who's Goliath and who's David in this case.

I don't argue that fact. It is however no reason to excuse the atrocities committed by either side. Wrong is wrong whether it comes from an individual or the most powerful Army on Earth.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester
Here we go again
When will this crap end

When people are honest enough to to see past their personal hatreds and biases to discuss this civilly without the blinders on.

Unfortunately there is this intellectual lie in our societies psyche that we must choose a side. When both sides are wrong that mentality is what has lead us into the most destructive incidents in our history.

Had my ancestors people, the German People stood up for humanity instead of following Hitler blindly to destruction, millions would have been spared horrible deaths. Even though this is on a far smaller scale, only when both sides can see past the hate will this be resolved.

The Israelis have to stand up to the evil in their leadership and the Palestinians have to stand up to their evil leadership. When they do, there will be peace and not a moment sooner.

How will this ever happen with all the blind followers on both sides? It won't. There is little hope. Bigotry and hatred know no borders.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
...if Israel didnt want to target civilians ..why didnt they get all the children and women to safe ground.

www.tlaxcala.es...

For the same reason the Palestinians blow up their own children and aim missiles at residential neighborhoods; hate.

Do you really believe Hamas would have allowed them to, even if they had wanted to? Be honest now.

Neither sides leaders give a damn about anything but winning a game in which there can not be any winners.

Both sides ARE wrong. Neither side will stop until it is too late. The world would have to occupy that area like we did Germany and Japan to have any hope of fixing this. You can't make peace when one side wants the other eliminated from the face of the Earth.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We are so screwed up as a society that we don't know right from wrong, some children may be taught that suicide vests are the thing to do, some are taught with more subtle methods such as computer games.
Battlefield 2
Counterstrike
American Army online
just to name 3, there are countless online games which you can choose to be the good guys or the bad guys, the good guys are the UK, US or its allies. a variation of Counterstike also has suicide bombers who you have to shoot before they get to you.

The army is recruiting people who get the best scores online from these games.
so who is teaching who that killing is the right way to resolve conflict?

Back on topic.
Israel is going through the work it is scripted to do, just like all other conflict is scripted, it is just a smoke screen to pretend like something is happening, If Israel is found guilty what will happen?

A slap on the wrist and in the worse case scenario a low level member will spend a couple of days under house arrest and things will go back to normal.
Normal is following the script of more conflict and ultimately having one winner.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Do you know what the word hypocrisy means? Look it up and stop putting words in my mouth. The crisis in Darfur started before the war in Gaza. I was pointing out how the whole world protests and condemns Israel for killing 1,200 people (700 of them Hamas) but doesn't take notice of 400,000 thousand Africans killed.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
When Israel does war crimes, some people are angry in the UK, but when the UK and the US do war crimes in Irak and Afghanistan it's ok?

Please. But anyway, at least one of the perpetrator may have their hand cut off.

Please put the Israeli leaders and generals on war crimes trials. And the Bush administration and the Blair administration.

But of course we all know that'll never happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Take religion out of this and what do you have?

A people who were UTTERLY conquered centuries ago, returning to take back what THEY think was theirs.

Does that mean the NUMEROUS other races around the world in similar situations get to reclaim land which their great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather once lived near?

If not, why is israel special? Because they think so?

BOTH SIDES ARE BARBARIC HEATHENS, ONLY ONE SIDE TRIES TO HIDE IT.

Why? Because the state of israel was a gift from the world, which can be taken back. It was given due to a great tragedy, not so they could start another.

And because the whole world knows that if they tried to create an israel in your town, and keep bullying you, you'd fight the exact same way. Trying to kill the occupier any way possible.

This is common knowledge, and anyone thinking that any people, not just Arabs, would act any differently, are lying to themselves.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by breakingdradles]

Agreed, the difference between the Zionests and Hamas is that Hamas doesn't hide it's anger, while the zionists do.... they hide their barbaric actions.

They learnth it from their creator, the EU and America, for example in Afghanistan killing a whole village and blaming it on wrong intel. Holly mother of Jesus can't Hamas do the same? After killing civilians they could claim ahhh it was wrong intel, 'we thought it was an Israeli base we were targeting'. Hamas making such a claim would be more believable since they have a very weak intel compare to MOSAD and CIA.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here we go the "third rail" of mid east politics Israel and Israel's military actions. How long can the world stomach and tolerate the shelling of UN vehicles and the killing of aid workers. Recent history is full of the naked aggression and genocidal and blatant racist policy's under the guise of state self protection..till all of Israels protesetation's simply beggar belief. The keyboard commando's who jockey through cyberspace defending and waving the flag of Nationalist Zionism make me sick. Israel does not want peace if they wanted peace then they would find a way to share and be equitable even a fool can see that.
Using every means necessary to justify excess force and atrocity
Raise a peep in protest and your Anti Semitic...targeted and your words from decades ago brought forward to the media to impale you as a bigot. Standard operating procedure..the boy who cried wolf once too much..found out that people no longer believed him and so it will be with Israel. Privately people behind closed doors abhor this country's selfish actions..and publicly will say little all because the virulent Zionist propaganda machine. This struggle will end on the plains of Meggido the bible says..and on days like this..I could care less who wins or loses..I am sick and tired of all the bloodshed worldwide no matter on who's side of the flag the baton falls.
This planet is stupid..and the inhabitants doomed unless we can find a way to share all resources and lands in a fair and equitable manner for all..without prefference to race creed or colour.
Israel is NOT SPECIAL JEWS ARE NOT THE CHOSEN PEOPLE and the deaths of Six million people under vile and heinous circumstances decades ago does not NOW confer upon the state the selfish right to pursue genocidal military actions . Am I being clear enough here?
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind..when you remove all hope and dignity from a people , kill without regard for men women or children and expect Peace to be the result..
As you sow so shall ye reap.
Love and kindness not bullets and bombs..EQUAL RIGHTS not Israel first..The Palestinians will cast out the Wolves among them..if given an equal share in the land the region the future..Its clear to me Israel does not want that..they do not want Peace..they want it all.
I am no statesman, no great intellect, no paragon of moral character
I am however a citizen of the planet earth and am for ONE sick of all wars..Killing each other in pursuit of power wealth and influence such transitory issues...it seems like madness.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The arabs dont feel Israel has a right to exist. Period. They will use any means to achieve this...propoganda, inflicting harm on thier own people etc,etc. The ruling class in the Arab countries dont give a rats a#@ about Gaza or any other serf under thier brainwashing religious order. The rulers of these Arab countries keep the people poor and incite them against thier enemies to try to win a war of public opinion...They know that they cant eliminate the Nnation of Israel by force...so they use deception and starvation of thier own people to try to accomplish thier agenda.
What I look forward to is when the lower class Arabs wake up and realize this so that maybe a change can be made for thier own betterment, but as long as they remain starved and brainwashed theyll keep being eliminated in numbers on a regular basis. The ruling Arabs have a nearly unlimited supply of bodies to use as shields against democracy and they will continue to do it unchecked. Pawns in chess.They figure they can just overrun Israel with sheer numbers.(armed or not, men, women and children)....So Israel faces yet another oven, and I seriously doubt they will just be marched into it like sheep this time. KUDOS to Israel , an ally and partner of The United States of America. Please dont mistake me for someone who cares about the suffering in Gaza...I dont. There has to be a winner, and I hope its Israel.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Please dont mistake me for someone who cares about the suffering in Gaza...I dont. There has to be a winner, and I hope its Israel.

What does it mean to win? Winning a battle and losing your humanity in the process is that winning? Turning your soldiers into murderer's is that winning?
Israel will most certainly WIN militarily but LOSE her moral authority for the unbridled cruelty inflicted on the men women and children who held no arms.
The defenceless , the sick, the hungry without regard.
The deaths of six million people decades ago will not be forgotten...we all saw evil..and recoiled and said NEVER AGAIN
Pity Palestine now lies at the feet of those for whom atrocity is a national memory and anything less visited upon an enemy is considered fair game.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

It is explained in the post...Those innocents are weapons being used to try to win a war against Israel by eletist Arab monarchy(terrorists)The taliban, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, all just footsoldiers for a very rich few who desire the exterminatin of not only Israel but all Jews(sound familiar?). If you HAD to choose your child or someone elses, what would you choose? Id choose for my child to live.(by whatever means ) Its that simple.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Keeping MY children and women and grandparents safe is not a loss of my humanity...It defines it. Its what makes me human. Israel is not persecuting based on faith...the Arabs are.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Change "Arabs" to fundamentalist radical muslims....they arent all arabs...dont wish to generalise or stereotype.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

No country, in the Western world would stand by and allow ANY nation to destroy Israel. Canada the USA the UK the EU, name a country of civility and laws that would not come to Israels aid. Quit crying wolf and using the FALSE threat of NATIONAL SURVIVAL as an excuse...it has worked in the past but it will not wash anymore.
Step up and put yourself in their shoes...and treat them as you would like to be treated....WANT PEACE? Open the courts, the borders, your arms and your hearts..they are your brothers and sisters..as are we all

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Since 1948 Israel has been attacked by its neighbors on a regular basis. Crying wolf? The people that dont want Israel to exist dont want peace...they want no Jews. Israel has had to live in a constant state of threat since it became a nation. Crying wolf? The term itself has came into common use as of late as propoganda. I am putting myself in thier shoes, and I think Israel shows too much restraint, they care entirely too much for innocents. I would have done alot more a long time ago, and so would all of the countries you mentioned. The only reason they havent is because if they did what is truly needed for peace the oil barons would cause worldwide conflict. Israel is keeping the rest of us safe in a matter of speaking and taking all the heat for it. Again KUDOS to my brothers and sisters keeping the"wolves" at bay.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

No, you were trying to detract from what is happening in Gaza by using a completely unrelated conflict. Distractions with such slight of hand is expected from illusionists and bull# artists... which are you?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Ok...so you couldnt achieve your objective with facts or skilled debate...and predictably you resort to insult. As well as failed to answer the question...Your baby or someone elses? Your mommy and daddy or someone elses...your granny and grampa...I think you get the picture. How was your sense of security obtained? Through open arms? Only if by arms you mean firearms. You have the freedom and security you enjoy because people died, men women and children...Its pretty simple. Thank you for the convo...It was stimulating until the display of ignorance(insult).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join