It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baroness Tonge: "Israel stands accused of war crimes witnessed by the whole world"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Baroness Tonge: "Israel stands accused of war crimes witnessed by the whole world"

Baroness Tonge: My Lords, Tzipi Livni, the Israeli Foreign Minister, said that Israel would go wild in Gaza. They certainly did that, with the USA turning its usual blind eye. The UK and the European Union have behaved so feebly they were almost colluding in Israel's actions. Israel carefully excluded the press and media—evidence of guilt? But the UN, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International all had people watching what was happening, as well as the Al-Jazeera cameras.

One charge I wish to make concerns the use of white phosphorus in residential areas, where many people were injured by this obscene material. It is a crime. The injuries sustained by burning phosphorus are horrible and the suffering is unthinkable. The Israelis also used 155mm shells in residential areas, able to do damage over a range of 300 metres. Yet, the Israelis assured us that they were accurately targeting only those areas with Hamas installations. Really? With a damage range of 300 metres? What lies. Both actions are against international law; they are war crimes. Many innocent civilians, many little children, have been killed by these obscenities.

Will the Minister assure us, therefore, that our Government and the European Union will not be content with Israeli offers of an inquiry into the behaviour of their military? There must be an independent investigation through the United Nations Security Council. Israel stands accused of war crimes, witnessed by the whole world. What hope for Israels long-term future now?

[edit: added source link and required EX tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by setfree

In the UK there is a confrontation developing between people in the establishment. While zionists and sympathisers are trying to strangle information and boycotts, judges are issuing injunctions against them. Hasbara crank calls and threats are tracked down and individual police forces are scrutinizing JDL 'bouncers' and 'security staff'.

The BBC was lobbied not to air campaigns for donations for the victims in Gaza. Now this is being investigated and the lobbyists being examined.

[edit on 123131p://pm3147 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Zionists have certainly overstepped the boundries of decency this time and the whole world is none the wiser. A great light has illuminated the true nature of the Zionists never to be hidden in darkness again. For this I am thankful. I can only hope and pray that the good and decent people of the world can come together and end, once and for all, the tyranny and oppression that the Zionists have perpetrated around the world. I say, "Let the trials begin!"

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
All ministers standing up and stating that we should be ashamed are absolutley correct.
They deserve a round of applause for echoing the feeling of the British public, something that our entire government has a duty to do.

I am stunned that our government has been so pathetic in their response to this atrocity.

It truly is a disgrace that Israel is being permitted to continue unchallenged in their war crimes. These things have been proven to have happened, and yet internationally no one is pushing for justice against a government guilty of war crimes?!

What is the point in having a set of laws if we simply say "well, they can investigate it themselves".

Lest see how this carries through every other arena of law. Should rapists and murderers be permitted to decide themselves if they are guilty or not?

Should we have allowed the Nazis to decide for themselves if they had committed atrocities during ww2?

It's insane that our government is remaining so silent on this.

And I don't understand the position of the BBC on this aid issue. What the hell is going on here? Is the BBC finally admitting that it takes instruction from government, an equally incapable group of people not willing to state the truth?

This is a dark time for our country, I have never felt so ashamed of my government. I've come close plenty of times, but this inaction and pathetic whimpering by our leadership has made my stomach literally turn over.

Where's the action? Where's the sense of outrage? Where is the leadership we actually want and deserve?

Brown needs to grow some balls, stand on a podium and state, without question or pause, that the people of the UK find the actions of Israel in Gaza wholly unacceptable. He has to state that the UK government will not sit by and watch Israel clear themselves of any wrong doing.
I want to see him state that he is angry, just like the rest of us.

Anything less is weak, pitiful and pathetic.

Brown needs to reflect the views of the people he represents, or step aside for a leadership with some courage.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I wonder where the people are who were arguing, just the other night, that WP usage in residential areas WAS legal.

Anyhow, good on them. I see that the lady's charge wasn't heard by many, though. Interesting how that works.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I hope she has the courage to speak up on the humanitarian crisis in Darfur.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Brown needs to grow some balls, stand on a podium and state, without question or pause, that the people of the UK find the actions of Israel in Gaza wholly unacceptable. He has to state that the UK government will not sit by and watch Israel clear themselves of any wrong doing.
I want to see him state that he is angry, just like the rest of us.

Don't expect the poor sod to have any other plan for action than "... need to increase public spending..." though.

[edit on 24/1/2009 by moniker]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
I hope she has the courage to speak up on the humanitarian crisis in Darfur.

Why, are Darfur zionists going to cut her off at the knees? Maybe she would be slandered in the press for being an anti-Darfurist? Something to fear, huh? A career ender maybe?

The truth is Darfur is terrible and plenty of people criticise that problem, only it has not been kicking around for 60 years.

[edit on 033131p://pm3147 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

Try to ignore him. I don't think hes made a valid or coherent point since the war in Gaza began.

Darfur is the hypocrisy that no Arab can deny. 400,000 people killed and 2 million refugees. The government of Sudan (Arab dominated) is committing ethnic cleansing on the indigenous African population. Darfur is the real Gaza. And Arabs are the real Nazis. Ask any Arab living in the westbank or gaza if he cares about the Africans of Darfur. They probably don't even know the name. Ignorance is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
BBC Source Article

The Islamic Jihad is running a summer school - to teach boys the benefits of becoming suicide bombers.

A new generation of children, Palestinian boys aged between 12 and 15 years old, is growing up amid conflict and violence....

...Mohammed, a 14-year-old boy, draws himself with explosives strapped to his body, ready to blow himself to pieces if it means killing Jews.

Note (mine): Notice this boy said Jews, not Zionists.

List of Suicide Bombings by Palestinians through 2001 (does not include those after - Mods please leave this up so I can get a list up to make a point - masonwatcher has been given a huge amount of leeway and was allowed to call me horrible names on another thread without intervention - please show me the same respect)

27 May: A series of explosions rock central Jerusalem during morning rush-hour. There are no reports of serious injuries.

26 May: A car bomb explodes outside the central Jerusalem police station in an area packed with bars and restaurants, although no-one is injured. The hard line Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine says it carried out the attack.

25 May: Two separate explosions kill at least four and injure more than 60 in the northern Israeli town of Hadera and in Nablus in the West Bank. Suicide bombers die in both blasts although the Palestinians say the Nablus attack is assassination.

18 May: At least five people are killed and more than 30 injured when a suicide bomber blows himself up in Netanya. The bomber is believed to be among the dead.

6 May: A bomb placed in a rubbish bin in a bus station in a Tel Aviv suburb slightly injures a woman.

29 April: A Palestinian is killed when a bomb explodes near a Jewish settlers' school bus near the West Bank town of Nablus.

22 April: Two people are killed and more than 20 injured in a bus stop bombing in the town of Kfar Saba north of Tel Aviv. One was believed to be the bomber. The Popular Army Front claimed responsibility.

14 April: Two pipe bombs go off within an hour of each other, one in Kfar Saba and the other near the border with the West Bank. One person is injured in the second attack.

28 March: Three people are killed and several critically injured in a bomb explosion on the border between Israel and the West Bank. The Islamic militant group, Hamas, admits carrying out the attack.

27 March: Thirty people are injured in two separate bomb attacks in Jerusalem. A bomber is killed in the explosion.

4 March: A suicide bomber blows himself up in Netanya, killing three Israelis and injuring dozens more.

1 March: At least one person is killed and nine injured in an explosion in northern Israel. A group calling itself The Battalions of Return says it is responsible.

8 February: Two car bomb explosions in the heart of the ultra-Orthodox area of west Jerusalem. It is the first explosion since the election of right-wing Likud leader Ariel Sharon. No-one is killed.

1 January: Car bomb explodes in west Jerusalem. One woman injured.

28 December: At least one bomb explodes on a bus near Tel Aviv, wounding 13 Israelis.

22 November: Two Israelis killed and 55 wounded by a car bomb that explodes during the rush-hour in northern town of Hadera.

2 November: Two Israelis killed by a powerful car bomb at central Jerusalem's Mahane Yehuda market, a frequent target of attacks. Islamic Jihad says it carried out the bombing.

6 November: A car bomb at the same market kills two suicide bombers from Islamic Jihad and wounds 21.

4 September: Explosion in west Jerusalem kills eight, including three bombers, and wounds more than 170.

30 July: Two militants blow themselves up in the Mahane Yehuda market, killing themselves and 16 shoppers.

31 March: Suicide bomber kills himself and three women at a Tel Aviv cafe.

4 March: Tel Aviv bomb kills 13.

3 March: Suicide bomb on a Jerusalem bus kills 19.

25 February: Suicide bombings in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv kill 26. Militant Hamas group claims responsibility.

21 August: Bomb on a Jerusalem bus kills five and wounds 69.

July 24: Unidentified suicide bomber kills six passengers and himself on a bus outside Tel Aviv.

9 April: Islamic Jihad suicide bomber attacks military convoy in Gaza, killing seven soldiers and an American tourist.

22 January: Two Islamic Jihad militants blow themselves up amid a group of soldiers near Netanya, killing 21.

11 November: Islamic Jihad militant sets off bomb near Netzarim settlement in Gaza, killing three officers.

19 October: Hamas militant sets off bomb killing 23 on a Tel Aviv bus.

13 April: Hamas bomb kills five and injures 30 in Hadera north of Tel Aviv.

6 April: Hamas car bomb in Afula kills eight and wounds 44. Hamas says attack was revenge for killing of 29 Palestinians by a settler.

This list is incomplete but does list the worst attacks.

884 people have been murdered and 5932 have been injured in Israel as a result of Palestinian violence and terror attacks between September 2000 and October 2003, according to the Israel Defense Forces. Below are the most significant of these attacks.

Oct. 4, 2003
29-year-old female suicide bomber from Jenin explodes in a Haifa restaurant, co-owned by Israeli Arabs, two days before Yom Kippur.
19 murdered, including several children. A newborn and 4 Israeli-Arabs were among those killed. 60 injured.

Sept. 9, 2003
Twin homocide bomb attacks take place near the Zerifin Military Base and at a Jerusalem cafe.
15 murdered. Among the dead in the cafe attack were Dr. David Applebaum, head of the emergency room of a Jerusalem hospital, and his daughter Nava, a bride to be married the next day.

Aug. 19, 2003 - The attack takes place in the midst of a "cease-fire" declared by Palestinian terror groups and on the eve of a planned transfer of several West Bank cities to Palestinian Authority control.
A Palestinian suicide bomber, dressed as an Orthodox Jew, strikes on a Jerusalem bus.
23 murdered, including several children. More than 100 are injured.

June 11, 2003 - The attack comes a week after the "road map" peace process is launched at a summit in Aqaba, Jordan, with the leaders of Israel, the Palestinian Authority and the United States.
A Palestinian suicide bomber, dressed as an Orthodox Jew, blows himself up on a bus.
17 murdered.

March 5, 2003
A Palestinian suicide bomber strikes on a bus en route to Haifa University.
17 murdered, most of them teenagers. 53 injured.

Jan. 5, 2003
Two Palestinian suicide bombers strike in crowded Tel Aviv shopping district.
23 murdered, including 8 foreign nationals. More than 120 injured.

Nov. 21, 2002
A Palestinian suicide bomber detonates on a commuter bus during morning rush hour in Jerusalem.
11 murdered, many of them schoolchildren. More than 50 injured.

Oct. 22, 2002
An explosives-laden sport utility vehicle driven by a Palestinian suicide bomber rammed into a bus near Hadera in northern Israel.
14 murdered. More than 45 injured.

July 31, 2002
A Palestinian terrorist plants and detonates a bomb in a backpack in a Hebrew University cafeteria.
9 murdered, including 5 Americans. More than 80 injured.

June 18-19, 2002
A Palestinian suicide bomber strikes on a rush-hour bus in Jerusalem, carrying many children on their way to school.
19 murdered. 74 injured - 6 seriously.
A Palestinian suicide bomber strikes at a hitchhiking post in Jerusalem's French Hill.
7 murdered. 50 injured - 3 critically.

June 5, 2002
A car packed with a large quantity of explosives struck a bus traveling from Tel-Aviv to Tiberias.
17 murdered. 38 injured.

May 8, 2002
A Palestinian suicide bomber strikes at a crowded billiard hall in the Tel Aviv suburb of Rishon le-Zion.
15 murdered. 55 injured.

March 31, 2002
A Palestinian suicide bomber strikes a restaurant in Haifa frequented by both Arabs and Jews. The bombing follows suicide attacks on each of the previous two days, one at a Jerusalem supermarket and one at a café in Tel Aviv.
15 murdered. Over 40 injured.

March 27, 2002
A Palestinian suicide bomber (Hamas) strikes at Netanya's Park hotel during a Passover seder.
29 murdered, mostly senior citizens. 140 injured - 20 seriously.

March 9, 2002
Palestinian terrorists bomb Jerusalem's popular Moment Café, around the corner from the prime minister's residence.
11 murdered.

March 2-3, 2002 - Attacks occur during talk of a Saudi Arabian peace initiative.
A suicide bomber blows himself up in a crowd of mothers and children walking home from synagogue after the Sabbath in an ultra-orthodox Jerusalem neighbourhood.
9 murdered, including 6 children, and an entire family is wiped out.
A Palestinian sniper shoots an Israeli policeman riding on a motorcycle.
1 murdered.
A Palestinian sniper attacks at a West Bank checkpoint.
10 murdered, including 7 soldiers.
Palestinian attack in Gaza.
1 murdered. 4 injured.

Dec. 2, 2001
Palestinian terrorists attack three times in 24 hours - at a pedestrian mall in downtown Jerusalem, in a car in downtown Jerusalem and on a Haifa bus.
25 murdered. Over 200 injured.

Oct. 17, 2001
Palestinian gunmen assassinate Israel's tourism minister, Rehavam Ze'evi, in a Jerusalem hotel.

Aug. 9, 2001
A Palestinian suicide bomber attacks the Sbarro pizzeria in downtown Jerusalem at lunchtime.
15 murdered - including several children and nearly an entire family. 130 injured.

June 1, 2001 - The attack comes days after Prime Minister Ariel Sharon announced a unilateral Israeli cease-fire.
A Palestinian suicide bomber attacks a Tel Aviv beachside disco filled with teenaged immigrants from the former Soviet Union.
21 murdered. More than 100 injured.

I repeat what I have said all along. BOTH SIDES ARE WRONG!

[edit on 1/24/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This time Israel certainly blundered, after taking it for granted that it can get away with War Crimes, just because America is doing the same thing in Iraq, with their Blackwater Gestapos.

The World is watching, and watching if the Third Degree, or the Fifth Column does another Double Standards U-Turn.

Israel is now a Repeated Offender of War Crimes.

This time the World is Watching !!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And folks who live with their head in a bucket, ask why Israel is walling off these folks.

DUUUUHHH. . .

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

Hmmmmmm!

That post looks exactly like.............. this one right here.

It would seem you are perhaps tracking masonwatcher and putting down the same post.... spamming his threads and posts, so to speak.

Originally posted by Dracula23
reply to post by masonwatcher

Masonwatcher your one sided approach makes you look childish and Immature.

And once again, the hypocrasy of this statement is utterly laughable.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Both sides wrong, sigh. It's easy to see who's Goliath and who's David in this case. Gaza (1.4 million people) has been locked up for three years now, with Israel preventing the emergence of a democratic Palestine.

Oh, yeah, those rockets: since 2001 rockets are fired from Gaza to the South of Israel, resulting in 28 death till today. Israel, just in the period 2005-2007, killed 1290 Palestinians in Gaza, including 222 children. With the recent attacks we can add about 1300 to that number.

I'm no fan of martyrship or suicide bombings, but i am also not surprised about it: you may get a little desperate after 40 years of oppression.

There's an end to this: Israel going back to the boundaries before 1967.

But Europe, as said, acts feebly. The Dutch government, in the end, didn't condemn the violence as 'outrageous', as proposed by the social democratic party. It should have, but the Dutch like to cherish their ties with the US.

It makes me mad.

While we wait for the condemnation of this Israeli rogue state, we could donate for Gaza. Well, there must be a thread on that already.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Spinoza73]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Good for her for saying that,at least she knows how the rest if us brits feel about this sordid little campaign by the Zionist liars.I see Mason's shadows are here again
I get the feeling hes big enough to let the petty insults fly by with the attention they deserve.None

Concerning the BBC and their refusal to air the Gazza aid adverts-its frankly digusting and shows that the goverment and other lobby groups are forcing them not too.Shamefull

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Take religion out of this and what do you have?

A people who were UTTERLY conquered centuries ago, returning to take back what THEY think was theirs.

Does that mean the NUMEROUS other races around the world in similar situations get to reclaim land which their great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather once lived near?

If not, why is israel special? Because they think so?

BOTH SIDES ARE BARBARIC HEATHENS, ONLY ONE SIDE TRIES TO HIDE IT.

Why? Because the state of israel was a gift from the world, which can be taken back. It was given due to a great tragedy, not so they could start another.

And because the whole world knows that if they tried to create an israel in your town, and keep bullying you, you'd fight the exact same way. Trying to kill the occupier any way possible.

This is common knowledge, and anyone thinking that any people, not just Arabs, would act any differently, are lying to themselves.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinoza73

Oh, yeah, those rockets: since 2001 rockets are fired from Gaza to the South of Israel, resulting in 28 death till today. Israel, just in the period 2005-2007, killed 1290 Palestinians in Gaza, including 222 children. With the recent attacks we can add about 1300 to that number.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Spinoza73]

Just in case anybody missed that.

Star for you Spinoza!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

So, let me get this right. What's happening in Darfur makes what is happening in Gaza to be right and good?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join