It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbit crossbred cat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Look at your examples. Felines mating with other Felines or an Equine mating with an Equine and yes that is possible.

Feline with a Leporidae(sp?) won't work.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Lions and tigers are very close genetically. Same species. You can mate some larger cats with domestic cats, again same species. You can mate, Donkeys, Zebra's and horses, all Equus. You can mate Dogs, coyotes and wolves. All Canines species.

You CANNOT mate a dog with a fox(I have had more people tell me their red erect eared dog is part fox
) Way different # of chromosones and not closely related at all www.ozfoxes.com... They are MUCH more closely related to dogs than Rabbits are to Cats!!

Cats are true carnivores. Rabbits are true herbivores. They have a different number of chromosones AND their gestation periods are a month different. A rabbit is half the time of a cat!

Your friend did not have cabbits, the news people did not have cabbits and until someone will come forward and give a sample for DNA, there is no physical/genetic way a cat/rabbit can breed and produce offspring. They might do it, but, it isn't gonna produce anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by spaznational
Looks like deformed cats to me.

Cross-breeding between such different species is impossible.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-1-2009 by spaznational]
'

Actually, it is not. The Species-Barrier should usually prevent such unions, that is true. But it is a myth that it allways does.

Hybrids between two different species CAN occur, despite the differing make up of the creatures genes, although it is not very common. In those cases, though, the offspring is often infertile, such as for instance the Mule, that is a cross between a Donkey and a Horse.

Tired of people not reading my posts!

I said "between SUCH DIFFERENT species." Cats and rabbits are genetically far separated. A horse and a donkey are closely related and nearly identical on the genetic level.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
ahhh the scientisis can say what they will but i also have seen cabbitts in michigan. they are real.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I went to the cabbit page on wiki, and found the following:

This page was last modified on 24 January 2009, at 05:23.

Here is the link to what was edited in just hours ago:

en.wikipedia.org...

"It is a rare but true occurance".

Come on, that is so lame. Obviously someone from this thread added that!! Too coincidental.

I think they are cats.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sorry but it is not possible. This really should be obvious but I guess most people don't understand basic biology.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purrrball
It looks like a Cabbit.

While reading up on this I found this following article

The most researched community of cabbits lives behind the Canadian Parliament buildings in Ottawa, Canada alongside a thriving population of wild cats which, it is presumed, has been mating with the few wild rabbits and hares in the area. Some local politicians called for a cull of the clowder-herd following an incident where a Japanese schoolgirl was killed in an attack by several cabbits while touring the Parliamentary grounds as part of a school trip.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: NationMaster.com

Haven't found any more about the schoolgirl attack, perhaps someone else will have better luck than me. Maybe that answers the question as to what they eat.

...because it was an April Fool's joke.

The "Cabbits" are ordinary Manx kittens. They're "rumpies" with almost no tail, and yes, they do hop when they run. They're still felines.

Google for Manx cat videos to watch them in action.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational
Looks like deformed cats to me.

Cross-breeding between such different species is impossible.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-1-2009 by spaznational]

You can't just avoid looking at the back legs because you don't want to believe it .
you are pathetic.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Those are two varities of the same species, they can mate, just like dogs and wolves. Cats and rabbits are not the same species.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Looks like they are missing at least one vertebrae, which is very common. That would account for the swayback. It makes me miss my sweet little manxes, who all died at old ages in the past two years, very much. They are likecandy, you can't have just one! You really need to have them in groups of three or more, they are very socially bonded cats.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

You can't just avoid looking at the back legs because you don't want to believe it .
you are pathetic.

we didnt ignore the back legs we just looked in biology and genetics books

they are to far distantly ralted to be genteically compatiable, they have a very different chromosone count

if this was genetically viable then so would dog/human crosses, and elephent/mouse crosses

its was caused in manx by genetic abnormalities that charcterise the whole manx linneage

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Okay,

so, far more important than Crabbits

If we can mate, Dogs, Wolves, Coyotes (canines) Lions, Tigers, Cats (felines) etc, etc and produces a hybrid with those...

Why do we have no Gorilla men or Chimp men floating about, shouldn't we be able to mate with other Great Apes?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Okay,

so, far more important than Crabbits

If we can mate, Dogs, Wolves, Coyotes (canines) Lions, Tigers, Cats (felines) etc, etc and produces a hybrid with those...

Why do we have no Gorilla men or Chimp men floating about, shouldn't we be able to mate with other Great Apes?

experiments were carried out but all results hushed up they took place in both stalinist russia and the US

with the different chromosone counts of humans and other great apes it produces a massive barrier for normal fertalisation

and thats jut 2 chromoesones different not to 12 between cats and rabbits

with labwork it may be possable to get around the genetic differances and the chromosone issue but possibly not, bieng closley related isnt enough if your genetics arnt similar enough

[edit on 26/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
They just look like cats without tail to me...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

I totally agree with you, that's BS........a cat and a rabbit, NOT!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Purrrball

i would rather eat chineeeez

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join