It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocelot's List Of Things That Annoy The Hell Outta Me-PART#4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
OK This is something that's been on my mind for a while. I was watching TV the other day and I saw a commercial for this show on MTV called "I want a Famous Face" or some dumb $hit like that. It was a show of people who wanted to get plastic surgery to look like their favorite famous celebrities.

I was like what in the F##K is wrong with people? When did we become so obsessed with plastic surgery? Im serious about this... how lame do you have to be that you feel the need to get plastic surgery too look like someone famous.

I also saw a similar commercial for a show in FOX that had a similar premise. The difference was that in this show they took women who weren't exactly all that good looking and had them get makeovers that included plastic surgery. I mean that's just messed up!! The sad thing is that these shows get huge ratings!! WTF is wrong with this sick twisted people?

I dont have anything against plastic surgery... but this is just messed up beyond belief.

Anyone with me on this?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with you on that. When those shows where the lady picks a guy to marry her came out, I thought "Who would watch this stuff?", and now that they have a show about a group of ugly chicks who get plastic surgery and then compete in a beauty pageant, I think that the television networks have gone to far. I mean, what the hell is wrong with these people? I guess you just have to be in their shoes. If they think that plastic surgery will make them feel better about themselves, then that's their choice. If they want to go and whore themselves on television, then that's their choice. If everyone wants to watch these shows, then that's their choice. Me, I'd rather watch baseball.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
if these are the biggest complaints you have then your life must be pretty sweet.

dont like what you see on TV? do what i do, change the channel or find something else to do.

i dont disagree with you, i think these shows are retarded beyond belief but its my choice to watch TV and to either let such stuff bother me or laugh it off knowing full well there are idiots out there who will watch this drivel.

you all know how they come up with these ideas dont you? "focus groups" and polls, thats how. and the worst part? the person who came up with these shows is probably some empty headed executive who gave himself a raise an extra two weeks of vacation time and more stock options as a result of this.

the world is a jerry springer episode, just look around you, you'll see #ed up stuff all day long. nothing makes sense and in a way, THAT makes sense as nothing does make sense, it all fits together. its life and we're all a kook to someone else.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I agree with you guys. I never watch these type of shows.

I guess the point of my posts was to express the sad state of television in the united states these days, and what some people put on tv for the sake of ratings.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
if these are the biggest complaints you have then your life must be pretty sweet.

My life is pretty sweet actually. I can't complain.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
How utterly ridiculous !!!

Its just as well I'm not a plastic surgeon - I can be a real bastard at times

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
How utterly ridiculous !!!

Its just as well I'm not a plastic surgeon - I can be a real bastard at times

I will never be able to look at those two women the same again. You are a real bastard Pisky!

*shudders*

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'll never look at Britney the same again, good job I'm not a guy, you've just ruined alotta male minds out there Pisky.
Well done

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
And speaking on the original topic; yes, TV is mad nowadays, reality TV was a good idea to begin with, but they've stretched it way to far.

In the UK there's so bloody many: 'Celebrity' fat club, fame acadamy, big brother, pop idol, and those are just off the top of my head. Although, I'm a celebrity get me out of here's quite entertaining (Ant & Dec).

I heard about those two twins on the show you mentioned having god knows what done to look like Brad Pitt, I say get a refund!

JON

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That's why I decided to bite the bullet and work a 12 hour night shift. So I don't even have to see the commercials for garbage like that.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JON
That's why I decided to bite the bullet and work a 12 hour night shift. So I don't even have to see the commercials for garbage like that.

Looks like you had the right idea.

Either that or not watching any tv.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I knwo what you mean. I watched part of it the other night. Girl wanted to look like pam anderson. She was already HOT! There was no reason for her to get surgey. *sigh*

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
I knwo what you mean. I watched part of it the other night. Girl wanted to look like pam anderson. She was already HOT! There was no reason for her to get surgey. *sigh*

Its a shame they feel the need to butcher their bodies in order to feel beautiful. Why cant people just be happy with what they got. I dont get it.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The world needs ditch diggers, big boobed or not. As for that girl who wanted to be pam, If I were her father I would probably shoot myself.

[Edited on 16-4-2004 by thebeagle]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle
If I were her father I would probably shoot myself.

I hear ya. No father would want their daughter to be like Pam.

new topics

top topics

join