It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri and Google earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by interestedalways

I have also had a similar thing happen with my car stereo. It happened in either June or July. I was just outside of the city near Lambert Field. The strange thing was that I was playing a CD when this low, loud but muffled sound took over my stereo.

I have had paranormal experiences here in Missouri since my childhood. My tendency is to be away from the city in the more rural areas, and this is when I come face to face with the strange and unexplainable.

It was indeed a rural area that the sound was experienced. Thank you for the validation. This does prove that something is able to override the radio/speaker/even cd use of the frequency.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WSPfan
My mother-in-law is a converted Mormon living in Utah. She has recently told us that her "church" has told it's members to get their finances in order and get physically fit. All to be prepared to WALK to Missouri. Now, she is a little crazy to begin with, but I do beleive she was told this. Just not sure if it was "official" or not. Not sure that has anything at all to do with this thread, but thought I would add it.

This is most likely because the Mormon headquarters is in Independence MO, where I now live. I am a few blocks from the headquarters. They have a huge building with a spiral leading up to the sky with a blinking light on it. They believe that when jesus comes back he will come there. The mormons own LOTS of land in this area. Very rich church here.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That is the Mormon Headquarters?
My aunt lives on Grandview Rd, not two blocks away from that building...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13

That is the Mormon Headquarters?
My aunt lives on Grandview Rd, not two blocks away from that building...

I live right off of the Independence square. I am not quite sure where Grandview road is, but believe me, they own land for miles and miles in this state.

Back in the day they were ran out of the state of Missouri and they even had a price on the head on any mormon who was caught. Orders were given to shoot on site if they were found.

I suppose they are back with a vengence, or lots of money anyway!

As far as the gun pic of the school in Lees Summit, what in the world explanation could there be for that.

By the way, I also lived in Joplin for a spell and saw the "ghost lights"

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If you would, take a minute to read this thread. At first I thought it was because of the intense lightning electrical storm, but I still see the lights. These lights are originating from the sky, not the ground so don't try saying they are floodlights from some store advertising.

I don't see them every night, but at least a couple of times every couple of weeks.

Note that one night when it was cloudy the light beam circled around the outer rim of a heavy cloud until the cloud broke up, then the beam moved to a cloud right next to the first one and did the same thing. It's course was very purposeful and was perfectly outlining the cloud, nothing random about it's direction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

i also have lived in joplin and springfield i now live in branson, i have seen the hornet spooklight, i assure you its real!southern mo.is a strange place for shure!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAndNeverHeard
There is something very EVIL in Springfield, Missouri ,, and it ruined my entire life, my entire life is completely miserable now and I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. A man in Springfield kept raping me too and I had to leave the state just to get away from him because he was threatening to kill me. I won't say where I am living now but, Springfield is drawing me back to it somehow... It's like an EVIL psychic PULL on me.

I know what you mean, I lived in Springfield for 25 years, before recently moving to Rolla. And I want to move back so bad, but can't figure out why. It's like it calls to me..but oddly enough, driving to Rolla from Springfield, it's like a black cloud hangs over Rolla, a feeling of once you're there, you cant escape. I dont know, sounds crazy. I'm sorry to hear of your experiences there. I'm not too far away from you, if you'd like to email me, its Yummyfreelunch@gmail.com. I know goofy name, but it's part of my business..lol

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

If it's the Garden of Eden, I must be in the wrong spot in Missouri. This town is so boring, watching the grass grow is the biggest entertainment here. Oh, I forget, if you are a hunter or you fish, I suppose this is a great place to be. But I dont get my kicks from killing animals. Oh, also, you have to say "GET R DONE" and wear a John Deere hat, then maybe, just maybe, it would be Eden.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ROCK CHALK - JAYHAWK - KU!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well keep in mind they (mormons) do own lots of property around here, not just in independence.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The Mormons originally came to Jackson Cty, MO from Kirtkand, OH to establish "Zion" (the other Jerusalem) but where run out of the state for their different beliefs (settling in Utah). However, many believe (including ancient Indian tales) that that area is consecrated ground.

MO is also in the "center" of the country but only broadly...the geographical center of the US is in Kansas (Smith Center).

According to the GSA Kansas City, MO is the preferred location for the Federal Govt on a Continuation of Government Situation (ie, DC gets decimated by a terrorist WMD or something). Ft. Worth, TX is the alternate but from all that is going on in Denver (esp the "airport") it might be one now also. But given the possibility of the NAU....KC, MO is perfect as it sits right on highway going from North to South (I-35).

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The Mormons originally came to Jackson Cty, MO from Kirtkand, OH to establish "Zion" (the other Jerusalem) but where run out of the state for their different beliefs (settling in Utah). However, many believe (including ancient Indian tales) that that area is consecrated ground.

MO is also in the "center" of the country but only broadly...the geographical center of the US is in Kansas (Smith Center).

According to the GSA Kansas City, MO is the preferred location for the Federal Govt on a Continuation of Government Situation (ie, DC gets decimated by a terrorist WMD or something). Ft. Worth, TX is the alternate but from all that is going on in Denver (esp the "airport") it might be one now also. But given the possibility of the NAU....KC, MO is perfect as it sits right on highway going from North to South (I-35).

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
One of the coolest things I've seen in Missouri is Mammoth Springs. 10th largest spring in the world. Pumps over 10 MILLION gallons of water each and ever hour.
Awesome place. It sits basically on the Southern Border of Missouri right smack dab in the middle of the state. The Ozarks in general are one of the Nation's best kept secrets, imo. I hike these hills every chance I get. Although not IN Missouri, but here in NW Arkansas. Here is one of my favorite places. Not a hard hike, either. Link didn't work, too long. Go to google images and look up "hawks bill crag". Words cannot do it justice and neither can the photos. Something you have to see for yourself to understand. My avatar is cropped from one of my personal photos of the crag, btw. Not that its really all that good, but I like it.

As far as these spook lights are concerned. I really would urge people to go to Mufon's website and look for the Ozark UFO reports. There was a HUGE flap that occured in SW Missouri in the 70's... Most of the reports would make you think of "spook lights" until you start reading about the encounters with weird "people" and craft going on at the same time. This was back when people in the community communicated mostly via CB radio. McDonald county was in an uproar as the flap lasted for several months. It is good reading, if anyone is interested. Unlike the anonymous poster earlier, if anyone is interested in hiking the Ozarks, hit me up. I'm always up for company on the hikes. Just so long as you promise to be respectful of my home!

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I hope I did that right. Either way, that is a view from the top of Hawk's Bill Crag. Hope you like it. Damnit! At one point in time I had figured out how to embed photos into the threads. I can't remember which link it is. Is it the HTML link?
i497.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow, that is a beautiful photo!!! It looks so untouched, doesnt it. Reminds me why I like the Ozarks.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

There is so much to see in this area I can't even begin to put it into words. When you sit there on the point of that Crag, you feel like you are on top of the world. It is amazing! I get out there any time I can. Glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Are there any caves in that area? I am thinking of going back into some of the caves on my family's land this summer and taking some pics. I've alway loved the mystery surrounding caves. I know Missouri is known as the cave state.
Did i say "cave" too many times in this sentence..rofl

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I found something of interest last night.

I was reading an old book printed in the 60's about the history of missouri.

It talked about some pre-history mound builders with tools far advanced those of the American Indian.

I haven't done my net research so I don't have any links, but if you share the theories surrounding ancient cultures, E.T.'s and the government trying to hide these things from us, I'm sure that might be the lead your looking for.

Umm... And if it means anything to you, I live under 100 miles from these mounds, and I've never even heard of them up until yesterday.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I found something of interest last night.

I was reading an old book printed in the 60's about the history of missouri.

It talked about some pre-history mound builders with tools far advanced those of the American Indian.

I haven't done my net research so I don't have any links, but if you share the theories surrounding ancient cultures, E.T.'s and the government trying to hide these things from us, I'm sure that might be the lead your looking for.

Umm... And if it means anything to you, I live under 100 miles from these mounds, and I've never even heard of them up until yesterday.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Oh yeah, lots of em. I'll edit this post with a pic in just a minute.
2 lines.

This picture is of a cool formation inside of "steel cave" or known by some as roaring cave. Further into the cave there is a double waterfall that meet in the same pool. Very cool. It was called steel cave because the cops raided a moonshine operation that was being run out of it. I had better pics, but I don't want to post pics of people's faces, as I don't know them except for the time I went hiking with them. i497.photobucket.com...
But yeah, there are LOTS of caves in this area. Arkansas is also known by some as the land of 10,000 caves. The largest one I know of is called Beauty Cave. Mapped at 17 miles in length! Caves are something I won't give up the locations of, though. People are too disrespectful. Very delicate eco-systems in there and if people aren't careful they can cause a lot of damage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join