It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Missouri and Google earth

page: 2
10
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The founder/creator of Google Maps grew up in Lawrence, KS and graduated from the University of Kansas--located roughly 40 miles west of Kansas City. He admits to purposely setting the "central" world Google map to always point to Lawrence, KS. Not sure how/why Missouri happens to be fully mapped though.

This part of the country is very interesting, considering the extensive underground tunnels and facilities.

Kansas City, University of Kansas, State of Missouri etc. store many of their paperworks, possessions, and other things in many underground storage facilities in/around the Kansas City area. I toured one of the sites in Parkville, MO and was amazed people actually want to work there. You can feel drilling/explosions regularly as these companies continue to expand the underground.

Kansas City, as mentioned in an earlier post, is also home to the "SmartPort," which is sovereign Mexican territory used for shipping. Many plans also indicate Kansas City to be a part of the Tex-Mex Superhighway to be a larger hub.

Kansas and Missouri were also quite strategic locations for the underground nuclear warhead missle launch sites during the Cold War. The inactive and unmanned missle silo launch sites still exist today.

This kinda repeats much of what has already been posted, but I wanted to throw in my limited knowledge as well.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by MOFreemason]




posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I think the term "golden triangle" applies to areas of potential growth, as the above poster stated.


It is also the Golden ratio.


Golden triangle, pentagon and pentagram [edit] Golden triangle Main article: Golden triangle (mathematics) Golden triangle The golden triangle can be characterised as an isosceles triangle ABC with the property that bisecting the angle C produces a new triangle CXB which is a similar triangle to the original. If angle BCX = α, then XCA = α because of the bisection, and CAB = α because of the similar triangles; ABC = 2α from the original isosceles symmetry, and BXC = 2α by similarity. The angles in a triangle add up to 180°, so 5α = 180, giving α = 36°. So the angles of the golden triangle are thus 36°-72°-72°. The angles of the remaining obtuse isosceles triangle AXC (sometimes called the golden gnomon) are 36°-36°-108°. Suppose XB has length 1, and we call BC length φ. Because of the isosceles triangles BC=XC and XC=XA, so these are also length φ. Length AC = AB, therefore equals φ+1. But triangle ABC is similar to triangle CXB, so AC/BC = BC/BX, and so AC also equals φ2. Thus φ2 = φ+1, confirming that φ is indeed the golden ratio. [edit] Pentagram For more details on this topic, see Pentagram. A pentagram colored to distinguish its line segments of different lengths. The four lengths are in golden ratio to one another. The golden ratio plays an important role in regular pentagons and pentagrams. Each intersection of edges sections other edges in the golden ratio.


Also the Egyptian pyramids.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was born in Hannibal Missouri.

I have run across information that tells of a secret military base in a small town, I believe it is called Laclede but I may be wrong.

I had an unusual experience as a teenager when I was in a parked car with a male friend, we were parked at an old airport which was no longer in service.

We were doing what teenagers do and listening to music. All of the sudden the music changed to something of a very low vibration, dark is how I would describe it. It sounded like very low frequencies being played underwater. It actually sounded demonic. I attempted to change the station because i was getting freaked out. It over rode all the stations, we weren't able to hear anything but this slow, drawn out sound which wasn't words, but instead was like some kind of code maybe. I wish I could describe the sound, it was a deep sound that seemed to originate from somewhere else.

I have never heard it before or sense. We immediately left the airport and never spoke of it again,. The "message" was slowed down and like something you would hear from a demonic source, or so it seemed.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
here's a link to the KC smartport site:

www.kcsmartport.com...

Fort Leonard Wood is interesting as well:

www.ftleonardwood.com...



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
All of the sudden the music changed to something of a very low vibration, dark is how I would describe it. It sounded like very low frequencies being played underwater. It actually sounded demonic. I attempted to change the station because i was getting freaked out. It over rode all the stations, we weren't able to hear anything but this slow, drawn out sound which wasn't words, but instead was like some kind of code maybe. I wish I could describe the sound, it was a deep sound that seemed to originate from somewhere else.


Oh wow that is creepy, you never told me about that one! IA is the one that inspired this thread. Can you figure out where that old airstrip is on Google earth?See if its one of these.

Abandoned airports Mo.

I sense something important in this info.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by LoneGunMan]



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodtiger
here's a link to the KC smartport site:

www.kcsmartport.com...


A port in the middle of an earth locked state. Wow. Good link everyone should check it out.




Fort Leonard Wood is interesting as well:

www.ftleonardwood.com...



A snippet from that ft. leonard site.

popularity is expected to grow with the future addition of Chemical and Military Police exhibits.


Nice research, your contributions to this thread are very insightful.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I used to be stationed temp at Leonardwood ( for AIT ) and never seen or heard anything odd or out of the normal.I live in St.Louis and never heard any of these story's being brought up on this thread.I've lived here all my life.Plus I'm in the Missouri Guard and we never ever hear any thing about secret bases or Gov or Military maneuvers.I think some of you are reading to much into things.

I've seen what I still think it was an unmanned out of service Nuke silo once thought.Was traveling from Rolla to Jeff. City ( forgot what highway,we headed straight north though ) and we slowed down and seen a fensed off area with razor wire that was about 300 feet or so off the road.It looked to be maybe a 50 ft by 50 ft fenced area with what seemed to be old security cams on the posts.But, that would be expected seeing as Missouri and KS were strong holds for missle silos un till the mid 80's.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Merkel]

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Merkel]



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Merkel
 


With your military experience, you should realize that people who don't have proper clearances, will NOT know about these things. Everything is need to know.
Everything.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodtiger
here's a link to the KC smartport site:

www.kcsmartport.com...



From Google earth about KCsmartport's address.

Description: Commerce Tower is a 32-story Skyscraper located in Downtown Kansas City, Missouri, USA. Constructed in 1965, it is the ninth tallest habitable structure in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area, and, since the completion of the City Hall, it was the first locally designed Skyscraper in Kansas City. The facade is contructed of pre-cast stone and glass, creating a unique look, especially for its time. Located at the intersection of 9th Street and Main St, at 909 Main, the original address was 911 Main Street, however, after the events of September 11th, 2001 the address was changed.


I do believe this is also the address or close to the WTC twin tower complex in KC, Mo.

P.S. I noticed that KC smartport has not changed the address on its web site. It still says 911 main st.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by LoneGunMan]



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The "SmartPort"'s corporate offices are located within the Commerce Tower at 911 Main St.

The SmartPort, Mexican sovereign territory, is actually located off the Missouri River near I-435.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Merkel
 


With your military experience, you should realize that people who don't have proper clearances, will NOT know about these things. Everything is need to know.
Everything.


I have high clearance actually. I won't say what I do for obvious reasons, but I have a good level of clearance.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
The "SmartPort"'s corporate offices are located within the Commerce Tower at 911 Main St.

The SmartPort, Mexican sovereign territory, is actually located off the Missouri River near I-435.


Mexican sovereign territory...


Great contributions to this thread. I meant to mention that when you first posted. Thank you.

reply to post by Merkel
 


So does a lot of military personnel. It is still compartmentalized so you dont get all the puzzle pieces. Its need to know, and you of all people should know that! Thanks for the contribution though.


[edit on 24-1-2009 by LoneGunMan]



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Merkel
 


Well, if the rumors are true your clearences aren't specific to the information.
Even in the case of a person having high clearences, the clearences are compartmentalized. Your clearence doesn't gain you access to any info outside of the arena of your expertise. But I'm sure you know all of that. All I'm saying is that just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it isn't true.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Maybe I can elaborate a little. At one point in time I was stationed at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. Beautiful place. Nestled in right behind one of Oahu's AWESOME mountain ranges. Anyhow, on the OTHER SIDE of that mountain range is... (shoot, the name of the valley elludes me now)... but it was full of in-ground silos. Grid pattern all over the valley floor. If you go to the top of Kole Kole Pass there are some nice overlooks and you can see them below. They don't allow cameras up there, but I'd take them anyways. (doesn't matter much anymore though because you can look at them with google earth)...
Anyhow, the point - I stumbled upon the fact that you can access this area on the other side of the mountain. I saw people going into an old delapidated building. Outside of the building was a secure fence and cameras.

NOBODY I talked to on base had heard anything of this, but it was there, clear as day. If you don't have mission specific clearence, you simply won't know it exists.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan
 


It is right in the rural area of hannibal. There are many old roads it shouldn't be hard to find.

More interesting is the base that is called lalede of some thing that starts with L. It is top secret.

The creepy part of the radio override is that it sounded it was underwater or distorted so as it couldn't be understood. Along with the fact that it overrode all the stations.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by interestedalways]



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that there is an extensive tunnel system in Hannibal Mo.

When I was a small child there were some young boys that ventured into the caves/tunnels and were never found.

There was a community effort to look for them for three days but they were never found,

The caves are winding and twisting and go deep into the terrain.

It was very sad and sent a message to stay away from exploring them.'

And no, they are not related to the mark twain cave.



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
The founder/creator of Google Maps grew up in Lawrence, KS and graduated from the University of Kansas--located roughly 40 miles west of Kansas City. He admits to purposely setting the "central" world Google map to always point to Lawrence, KS. Not sure how/why Missouri happens to be fully mapped though.

This part of the country is very interesting, considering the extensive underground tunnels and facilities.

Kansas City, University of Kansas, State of Missouri etc. store many of their paperworks, possessions, and other things in many underground storage facilities in/around the Kansas City area. I toured one of the sites in Parkville, MO and was amazed people actually want to work there. You can feel drilling/explosions regularly as these companies continue to expand the underground.

Kansas City, as mentioned in an earlier post, is also home to the "SmartPort," which is sovereign Mexican territory used for shipping. Many plans also indicate Kansas City to be a part of the Tex-Mex Superhighway to be a larger hub.

Kansas and Missouri were also quite strategic locations for the underground nuclear warhead missle launch sites during the Cold War. The inactive and unmanned missle silo launch sites still exist today.

This kinda repeats much of what has already been posted, but I wanted to throw in my limited knowledge as well.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by MOFreemason]


Ha, thats pretty cool. Lawrence is VERY active in the metaphysical scene. I spent a semester at Haskell Indian Nations Univeristy.... very strange stuff goes on there. I didn't believe in spirits or ghosts until I studied there. All parts of the day, you could hear.... things. Some haunted locales in my town.

Very cool thread, you might have even spurred me out of my flu-induced stupor for some local investigation...



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13
 


I'm glad to meet somebody with a Lawrence connection! I attended KU from 1998-2006.

Would you care to share of any of your Haskell experiences?



posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was thinking about the triangle comment in relation to Geo. Washington. I have not heard that story before but it occurred to me that if you draw lines between Missouri's three largest cities, K.C., St. Louis and Springfield, you will get a triangle. Jefferson City, the capital lies well within this triangle.

That being said, I know that the New Madrid fault is a concern (SE Missouri, NE Arkansas), and it seems that flooding and other disasters are prevalent south and west of K.C. I don't know what the northern part of the state is like.




top topics



 
10
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join