It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 2 headed coins depict the God of Doorways and Gateways - Up comming Star Gate disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Janus, the Roman god of gates and doorways, and of good beginnings and endings was depicted with two .s facing in opposite directions and thus often associated with good judgement and the connection between the past and the future. (Roman Republican Janus coin, c. 225-212 B.C., didrachm or quadrigatus, silver, private collection, courtesy of the collector.)

mnemosynefoundation.com...

There is a different myth associated with the Greek goddes Hera. Interpration to be determined.

Greek coin with Female Janiform Heads wearing the Circular Crown, the Polos, 215 -150 B.C., Bruttium [Chalkidian colony, S. Italy], pontonkion, private collection, courtesy of the collector.

mnemosynefoundation.com...

Were myths created by people in the future who went back in time through the star gate to become gods?

[edit on 23-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

Mod Note: Quote Reference-Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Jan 25 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
My interpretation, though on Roman Panthology my understanding is not that good, is that it is reference to cycles, time loops, similar causes will produce similar effects in the future.

By understanding the past causal influences, environment, states, types of actors involved in a situation you can look to the future and gain a type of scientific scrying.

Nostrodamus used it much in most of his prophecy, looking at astrological patterns on say world leaders, say the Ceasers, and the type of position, style and environment they ruled in, then by looking for when those Astrological influences would occur again predicting a similar outcome for leaders of new empires, such as the French.

He did this with astrology and also the old art of looking into a bowl filled with water to envision the future and married the two together for his predictions.

It is referred to as the "Janus" effect, in modern pop culture Janus also is a form of BDSM I wont go into here!

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just to add and I am interested if I have missed this,

Where is the info on upcoming Stargate disclosure, or do you see this as a sign of it?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Just to add and I am interested if I have missed this,

Where is the info on upcoming Stargate disclosure, or do you see this as a sign of it?

Please find Star Gate disclosure data here. The data is still being analyzed.

Secret towers of the Himalayas
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

There is nothing on that thread related to the towers in the himalayas (actually, its not in the himalayas, its in the valleys) that connects to any star gate in any sense?

Read the tower in himalayas post carefuly....the scan of the page shows that most archaeologists consider these towers as defese based and not as any sort of portal/stargate.

How do you jump to conclusions about the star gate link?

[edit on 24/1/09 by coredrill]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

They are following you from thread to thread there is no escape.

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

There is nothing on that thread related to the towers in the himalayas (actually, its not in the himalayas, its in the valleys) that connects to any star gate in any sense?

Read the tower in himalayas post carefuly....the scan of the page shows that most archaeologists consider these towers as defese based and not as any sort of portal/stargate.

How do you jump to conclusions about the star gate link?

[edit on 24/1/09 by coredrill]

Still working ...

Universal Symbolism

In truth, the eight-point star is not unique to Morocco. It appears in cultures around the globe. It can be found on national flags and in religious iconography. It carries various meaning associated with each culture that utilizes it. The are eight-paths in the way of Buddah and eight immortals in Chinesse tradition. However, its universal symbolism is one of balance, harmony, and cosmic order. Its pattern is associated early astronomy, religion, and mysticism. It is symbolic of both stars and humanity’s earliest attempts to understand and communicate the order and unity inherent in Creation, nature’s rule.

Astrological Origins

The roots of the eight-point star symbol are in early astronomy. The eight lines are symbolic of the four corners of space (north, south, east, and west) and time (two solstices and two equinoxes).

moroccandesign.com...

More detailed explanation comming soon (Within 48hrs?) ...

You're right about the location.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

Mod Note: Quote Reference-Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Equating the Shape of the Towers to Esotreic Knowldge to link a star gate thingy is baseless.

Its pure speculation and will remain so.

If they had built the towers in a circular shape, will you link the shape to a circle and proceed i nthe Ying -Yang circle, or wholeness etc...linking additional mystical, knowldge to it and still come up with a stargate thingy???

Be analytical, not speculative.
Speculate, then Analyse and then come to a conclusion.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sorry for the confusion with the multiple threads. I've put it all together here.

StarGate Disclosure

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Were myths created by people in the future who went back in time through the star gate to become gods?

No.

They had no myth of a star gate or of traveling in time. They had no myth of time travelers. There were no symbols involving retrieving older knowledge through traveling in time.

They had no myths or tales or legends of stars (which were lights in the sky) or understanding of planets as bodies that were larger than the Earth. Although they did know the Earth was a sphere (at least the Greeks did), they had no understanding of how the solar system was composed and of planets beyond Saturn or that stars changed position as the equinox precessed.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Please find Star Gate disclosure data here. The data is still being analyzed.

So you're claiming that the people who live there, whose ancestors built the place got it all wrong? That it takes an American to correctly interpret things built by another culture and that the builders are too unintelligent to be able to understand what it was they built?

And that artifacts found and identified on and around this site are completely wrong and the people of the area and the tribespeople who live there can't correctly identify things they make?

I'd like to see some proof that they don't understand the things they build and that an American with no knowledge of the country can do a better job of understanding them than the people whose families and ancestors built and used the sites.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

So you're claiming that the people who live there, whose ancestors built the place got it all wrong?

OK who built it?

That it takes an American to correctly interpret things built by another culture and that the builders are too unintelligent to be able to understand what it was they built?

Again who built it?

And that artifacts found and identified on and around this site are completely wrong and the people of the area and the tribespeople who live there can't correctly identify things they make?

What do they have to say on the matter?

I'd like to see some proof that they don't understand the things they build and that an American with no knowledge of the country can do a better job of understanding them than the people whose families and ancestors built and used the sites.

My understanding is that some of the towers in the region have been demolished as the locals scavenged for building materials.

Surley there are chinese archeaologists who can tell us about these things. If they are indeed the builders.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think my point (and I'm sorry if I sounded cranky. It's not been a good day here) was that you haven't really examined the place, you don't know what else is there... you just look at the shape and say "Stargate." Although I may be very much mistaken, you don't seem to know much about the people, the language, their symbols, or their history.

So why is it a "hot button" with me? Well, several of my friends work with Native Americans... and some of them ARE Native Americans. I have some of the same heritage, but I'm culturally white. I have heard a lot of rants (and one very angry rant yesterday by someone who is a shaman and an elder of the Tuscarora tribe) about people who just "look at Indian things and then tell US all about what they mean."

He then went into a real rant about people who know nothing about his culture interpreting it (it wasn't a rant against me, although I was getting some information about the tribe from him.)

So I see you looking at artifacts ... and you do have a deep interest in them and you're fascinated by them. That's wonderful.

But you haven't seem to done any deep reading about them... such as the coins (when they were minted, what they commemorated, where they were found, what else was found with them, where are other examples of them, what temples were in the area, what songs and cultural evidence exist for them... and there are heaps of books and stacks of writings (from the 1700's and onward) on these things, including material that the people said themselves.

Now... I would encourage you to think about what a "stargate" is... is it high tech? What would be the results of one around? Why would someone want to build one? Are you looking at the Stargate SG1 model or what (there's a lot of faults with the concept).

And I encourage you to look at digs and how historians develop evidence and how we learn about ancient technology. I think your interest is a valuable trait, but I feel that you would benefit from taking a researcher's approach and doing some deep reading and discussion about the things before making a hypothesis.

You have a wonderful curiosity. Don't lose it. But use that curiosity to learn everything you can about what is known about the object.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hey Byrd

'Contra-cultural association'

I'm trying to think of the term that is used for this. When someone takes an object, artifact or ideas of a culture and associates it with a concept or idea of their own culture. Often erronously, often without understanding the context of the item in the original culture, is that the term or is it another?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
what is a stargate exactly?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well we seem to be talking about the Stargate now instead of the doorway.

Please direct further questions about the stargate to this thread.

StarGate Disclosure

This should avoid any further confusion on the matter.

Thank you

Posted wrong link (oppps) Edited to add the right link.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Hey Byrd

'Contra-cultural association'

I'm trying to think of the term that is used for this. When someone takes an object, artifact or ideas of a culture and associates it with a concept or idea of their own culture. Often erronously, often without understanding the context of the item in the original culture, is that the term or is it another?

(academic mode on)
I haven't heard of this -- I see it used as a term that means a subculture group within the culture takes a symbol of the culture (or a myth or an ideal) and uses it in a way that the hegemonic, dominant culture does not favor. It doesn't seem to be associated with an external culture grabbing symbols and ideas from another culture. (academic mode off)

I'm sure there's a term for it... I've heard it called "cultural appropriation." But I'm not claiming to be all wise here. I can only report what I read.

In any case (returning to the topic), the two-facing gods of doorways don't really have an association with a device to travel through time, and a good look at what the people of those cultures wrote shows that they couldn't have time traveled. There aren't any accurate stories about previous times (although there are "tales my grandfather told me") or about accurate depictions of other places and times.

There are mythic stories that have some grain of truth about older events, but they are not told with the accuracy of detail that people use in talking about an event that they just witnessed within their lifetime. There is no element of self reflection... and there's no mixing of artifacts or objects from other times and cultures (such as Mayan artifacts showing up in the middle of Tibet and vice-versa before the age of tourists coming to visit.)

The Wikipedia article on Janus is quite interesting and has some links that are worth exploring. Apparently he may be a remnant of the older Roman gods (pre-700 BC)

In general, Janus was the patron of concrete and abstract beginnings, such the religion and the Gods themselves, of the world[6] and the human life[7], of new historical ages, economical enterprises. He was also the God of the home entrance (ianua), gates, bridges and covered and arcaded passages (iani).

He was frequently used to symbolize change and transitions such as the progression of past to future, of one condition to another, of one vision to another, the growing up of young people, and of one universe to another. He was also known as the figure representing time because he could see into the past with one face and into the future with the other.

source: en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

That's kind of awkwardly worded, because "transitions... of one universe to another..." doesn't have the same exact connotation for the Romans as might be implied by modern English speakers. A better replacement might be "reality", but there we run into the same sorts of things.

The "seeing of the past and future" is more in the oracular sense than in the time-traveling historian sense.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Byrd]

new topics

top topics

join