It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Mercenaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have to say I had no idea about this which makes me wonder if anyone else knows. Turns out that we have about 23,000 of them in Iraq and Afghanistan but they aren't counted nor are their deaths. No one in the senate even knows a lot about them. Blackwater was strongly backed and used under the Bush administration, and Obama does Obama stand...

I posted videos and the Blackwater official website. The first video is what blackwater is and what they are doing and the second is were Obama stands on mercenaries as of before president elect.

Blackwaterusa.com

What do you guys think, does anyone know about this?

[edit on 23-1-2009 by SlyFox_79]

Fixed embedded link

[edit on 24-1-2009 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Okay this was the first time I tried to embed videos and it obviously didn't work so here the videos.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

Yes, plenty of people know. You'd find that out with the search function.

I like how all contractors are lumped together as a "private army".

Most of the the contractors over here ARE NOT security contractors. They cook, clean, do maintenance, facility building and upkeep, run computer networks (like myself since 2004), provide communications support, ordnance removal, logistics and a multitude of other "non mercenary" jobs.

Overall it was a pretty sensationalistic video with some truths, alot of half truths and isome naccuracies.

Jeremy Scahill is trying to get as much publicity for his book as possible. I read it, it's not bad, but like the video, it had some truths, alot of half truths and some inaccuracies.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
These should be enough tho get you started

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also see the links in many of posts on these threads

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
one of my child hood best friends did his stint in the marines and after he got out is now working for blackwater in iraq. he seems pretty brainwashed at this point as he's always got some sort of excuse/justification for "killing" that sounds like something that was inculcated into him through brainwashing.

new topics

top topics

join