It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wooo! IL Gov. Rod Blagojevich playing the constitutional Trump card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
He goes on to say that IL will get a 66% or 33% tax increase if he is removed.

Honestly I think his goose is cooked.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Novel argument.

Honestly, I have not followed this too closely. But if I had to judge it on this performance alone, I'd say he made a fair attempt to make lemonade out of lemons.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Love him or hate him, but I have to say he makes some very valid points about the current state and processes of the government, and the things he was saying about the impeachment process.

Crazy stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Novel argument.

Honestly, I have not followed this too closely. But if I had to judge it on this performance alone, I'd say he made a fair attempt to make lemonade out of lemons.

I have not followed it that much either. I thought the people of IL didn't like him, at lease that was my impression.

I do agree with him though and that is if congress does not like a Governor they will remove him and put there own in charge to manipulate.

What guarantee that this is not happening right now without the peoples say so.

I'm not sticking up for Blagojevich, but we have got to watch these clowns in Washington.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Blagojevich and his wife have lost their minds. This guy is crashing and burning and at least he has a future with a made for television movie because his days in politics are just about over.

As a resident of Illinois and having experienced his corruption , its actually quite hilarious to watch. Way better than his predecessor, George Ryan.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
He should get his constitutional rights. If he doesn't that makes the people trying to impeach him just as much of a criminal as he may be.

If this happens they should all be put on trial.

I don't care how guilty he is...he has a right to be properly defend his position.

If it's this easy to deny a governor fair representation...then why would it be any different for the little guy?

Why are prisoners in Gitmo, who aren't citizens of this country getting more rights than a state governor?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That guy is getting his rights. Just because he says he isn't doesn't make it so. He's a liar and a thief and everyone in Illinios knows it. He just can't come to terms with how fast and how hard his destruction came. He's been abandoned by his associates and his wife was fired from her job two days ago.

After he is removed from office next week, he still has to deal with Federal corruption charges. This guy should be a case study in what happens to people who will do anything to obtain power. He's not even above turning against his own in-laws from what I understand. His father-in-law, a Chicago alderman, doesn't even bother with him anymore.

Just think, this past December he was allegedly gonna try and get a spot in the Obama cabinet.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

After he is removed from office next week, he still has to deal with Federal corruption charges. This guy should be a case study in what happens to people who will do anything to obtain power.
reply to post by huckfinn

What i'm really anxious to see is who will end up going down with him. He's not the only one who is corrupt in Illinois and frankly i think he's not much different than the rest in how he dictates his policies and choices. He just got caught.

If he's guilty i'd love to see him go down, but i'd love even more for him to take others down with him.

Oh, and the ridiculous toll system on I 294 that he is responsible for...he should be jailed for that.

I've never seen such an ass backward toll system in my life....having to dive in and out of speeding traffic if you don't have an IPASS. And once more if you are not familiar with the area, you can blow right past them not even realizing you missed a toll before it's too late.

This has nothing to do with the thread...but damn that toll road always pissed me off....and his name is on signs all over that highway as if he's proud of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
"This has nothing to do with the thread...but damn that toll road always pissed me off....and his name is on signs all over that highway as if he's proud of it."

You've got to be kidding me, He put his name on signs!!!, That is sad.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

Yeah his name was actually on gigantic signs above the highway where the toll roads were. It's been awhile since i've been on that toll road...but they were there the last time i was on them.

I have no idea if they are still there though.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
One day they guy comes out and says he's cutting off all business with Bank of America, next day he's in jail...doesn't that seems a little odd to anyone? Then they railroad the guy through the press and he still hasn't been proven guilty in the court of law. But every single person who watches this crap think the guy is some criminal politician. Be careful judging who the media bash as they just might be your allies. This guy is no different than any one of us and deserves the same rights. Show then evidence, then convict. What they are doing is smearing this guy through the mud and doing great job of it cuz the majority of people on a conspiracy forum even believe the guy is guilty.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well crook he may be , he still is an american and should not be denied his constitutional right of due process and a fair trial. It's obvious that there is more than meets the eye here and all the cards aren't on the table. I hope the corruption doesn't implicate the annointed one in DC for bloggos sake because he will surely have an "accident" and get dissappeared before we get wind of it. Don't get too Cocky Bloggo

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Well crook he may be , he still is an american and should not be denied his constitutional right of due process and a fair trial. It's obvious that there is more than meets the eye here and all the cards aren't on the table. I hope the corruption doesn't implicate the annointed one in DC for bloggos sake because he will surely have an "accident" and get dissappeared before we get wind of it. Don't get too Cocky Bloggo

Why do I get this sense of a "wolf cub begging to the mother wolf" scenario.

wolf cub being Bloggo - mother wolf being Emanuel(spelling).

Oh well its late.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
this case is getting more bazaar by the moment.

is it true he's not allowed to call witnesses to defend himself in his impeachment hearing because it's against the rules? because it's an impeachment and not a criminal hearing he doesn't have the right to defend himself the best way he sees fit?

that's just crazy. it shouldn't matter who is bringing the charges or in what arena.

guilty or innocent it sounds like the guy is being royally shafted.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
OUSTED!!! Now they just need to get Daley out of Chicago, and Illinois might be salvageable!

We can dream, we can dream....

new topics

top topics

join